• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Didn't they just arrive at Jesus's place in 95? They're probably just looking up at the wall surrounding the place. 95 is too early to speculate who's dying in 100. Sheesh.

I heard they are gonna kill off the lawyer. :)

Isn't Michonne a lawyer?

Yep, I'm passing on these. I'm kind of surprised that the 95 unused cover is already on hold. Decent looking cover but a $1000 for an average unpublished piece???

new pages are up at splashpage -- though you need uncle scrooge money to buy lately - these prices are ridic.

Yep, I'm passing on these. I'm kind of surprised that the 95 unused cover is already on hold. Decent looking cover but a $1000 for an average unpublished piece???

Yep its insanity - especially on something unpublished which 65% of the real estate of the piece is a gorgeous splash of white...

I inquired about 8 pieces before Mark posted the pages online, the prices were insane - I bought similar pieces last year for half the price...I am passing too...

But I am sure some members here will buy, and put them on ebay immediately, thus driving the price even higher for fellow members who actually collect...but thats another story....

Edited by Jerry S

Yep its insanity - especially on something unpublished which 65% of the real estate of the piece is a gorgeous splash of white...

I inquired about 8 pieces before Mark posted the pages online, the prices were insane - I bought similar pieces last year for half the price...I am passing too...

But I am sure some members here will buy, and put them on ebay immediately, thus driving the price even higher for fellow members who actually collect...but thats another story....

True story.

Since when did $100 pages become $400 pages overnight???

It's pretty much bull$*#& if you ask me. Makes it that much harder for me to obtain the pieces that I love and collect.

True story.

It's pretty much bull$*#& if you ask me. Makes it that much harder for me to obtain the pieces that I love and collect.

I mean, to be fair, the series has been out for almost a decade. It would stand to reason that at some point there would be a robust, growing market for people who want to collect the OA. At least you're not getting into buying pages five years from now!

True story.

I mean, to be fair, the series has been out for almost a decade. It would stand to reason that at some point there would be a robust, growing market for people who want to collect the OA. At least you're not getting into buying pages five years from now!

Very true. I am done with Adlard and his OA at this point but I don't care to go into details. I am keeping somewhere between 5 to 10 of my pages and over the next 2 to 6 months I will be eBaying every other one. I will be showcasing them for dumb BIN prices which are open to offers and also open to any requests for a page to be the next one to start at a penny auction. First penny auction is up and running and when it closes the next one will start and so on. I also will be open to possible trade offers for Sig Series Walking Dead books since I will be needing to replace my #1-3 sometime this summer.

Going to turn this into a few covers and or a piece from Tony Moore. The more time I spend talking with Kara and Tony Moore in person the more I prefer to support them and snag a true hard to find piece of Walking Dead OA.

i dont quite understand how anyone can be mad at adlard or moore for charging what ever they want for their original art. why shouldn't they get great money for their artwork? everyone else is. prices on Adlards' wd OA have BEEN CHEAP for years, so complaining is ridiculous. i've bought 4 different pieces for less than $40 each. i've got a beautiful 2 page spread for $250 that's easily worth way more than that. if you're buying now, wondering why prices aren't low, i'm SMH

i dont quite understand how anyone can be mad at adlard or moore for charging what ever they want for their original art. why shouldn't they get great money for their artwork? everyone else is. prices on Adlards' wd OA have BEEN CHEAP for years, so complaining is ridiculous. i've bought 4 different pieces for less than $40 each. i've got a beautiful 2 page spread for $250 that's easily worth way more than that. if you're buying now, wondering why prices aren't low, i'm SMH

The prices are still relatively low compared to what you would find from other artists for a series that is as popular as WD. I think Adlard should be getting more for his OA and I am glad to finally see that happening. My 2 cheapest pieces of Adlard WD OA were around $60 each and when I bought them at the time should have been asking closer to $200 IMO.

Now is the time to snag older pages listed for under $200 still on Splash Page because with the popularity of the comic none of these pages will be going that low still once season 3 rolls around.

Also just because I have always wanted to do this I may end up wasting a few hundred dollars towards a box of 1981 Topps Football because I have always wanted to open up a Joe Montana rookie card. :)

I actually think Adlard isnt a very good artist - his perspectives are sometimes wrong, and at times, so bad they are amateur -- check this page out: http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=21230&ArtistId=84&From=Title

Not only is that a horrible perspective, but Mark for whatever reason chose to SHOWCASE that as a featured page!!! ITS TERRIBLE.

The ONLY reason Adlard's artwork is hot is because of WD - and only some of his pages are even nice -- in fact, in my opinion 95% of them are pretty plain and boring -- which fetched plain and boring prices - like $100 or so --

NOW, Mark is charging dumb expensive prices on those same plain and boring pages -- thats where I have my gripe ---

I totally get that covers, nice splashes, and nice panel pages should fetch a premium, but COME ON -- $350 for that mess of a page I linked??????

I actually think Adlard isnt a very good artist - his perspectives are sometimes wrong, and at times, so bad they are amateur -- check this page out: http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=21230&ArtistId=84&From=Title

Not only is that a horrible perspective, but Mark for whatever reason chose to SHOWCASE that as a featured page!!! ITS TERRIBLE.

The ONLY reason Adlard's artwork is hot is because of WD - and only some of his pages are even nice -- in fact, in my opinion 95% of them are pretty plain and boring -- which fetched plain and boring prices - like $100 or so --

NOW, Mark is charging dumb expensive prices on those same plain and boring pages -- thats where I have my gripe ---

I totally get that covers, nice splashes, and nice panel pages should fetch a premium, but COME ON -- $350 for that mess of a page I linked??????

You feel that 95% of his pages are boring and plain yet you want to try and snag 8 or so of them from the most recent 2 issues? If you don't think he is that good of an artist why would you want 8 more pages of his artwork to add to your collection?

I agree that his artwork can be very rushed and hit or miss, but I still can look through all the OA of his that I own and pick out 10 or so pieces that I really enjoy the artwork.

Anyway it looks like most of issue #96 and #97 made it through being for sale at a major comic con this past weekend at these prices so it is probably a safe bet they will not realize those asking prices through the website.

Maybe they should look into eBaying a couple pages a month to realize the best prices possible so that Adlard gets the best money for his original artwork.

You feel that 95% of his pages are boring and plain yet you want to try and snag 8 or so of them from the most recent 2 issues? If you don't think he is that good of an artist why would you want 8 more pages of his artwork to add to your collection?

I agree that his artwork can be very rushed and hit or miss, but I still can look through all the OA of his that I own and pick out 10 or so pieces that I really enjoy the artwork.

I inquired about prices on 8 - I didn't say I would buy 8 -- I was going to price a few different pages -- I agree about the coolness of the OA aspect, which is why I still buy his artwork - I am not looking for a fight on the issue - just giving my opinion -- which I stand by --

i don't personally see any problem with that page, art wise (not that it's the greatest page ever or anything)...but i agree the price is too much...but that's what happens when books get WHITE HOT. i've seen stores charging $10 for WD books the day they come out. it's insane. but it's just the reality of the situation. i bet dude from splashpage is getting some of those ridiculous pages to sell...so from a business stand point...it makes perfect sense. imagine how many pages he sold for next to nothing that are definitely worth money today. even if they don't sell at those prices, they will if he has to lower them.

i don't personally see any problem with that page, art wise (not that it's the greatest page ever or anything)...but i agree the price is too much...but that's what happens when books get WHITE HOT. i've seen stores charging $10 for WD books the day they come out. it's insane. but it's just the reality of the situation. i bet dude from splashpage is getting some of those ridiculous pages to sell...so from a business stand point...it makes perfect sense. imagine how many pages he sold for next to nothing that are definitely worth money today. even if they don't sell at those prices, they will if he has to lower them.

No doubt artwork increases in value - but I think for artwork to increase it has to be good artwork --

You really dont see a problem with the page I linked? The character in the foreground looks like a GIANT while the character in the background looks like a gi-joe toy -- the bricks are too large and high up - its just not a well drawn page

Edited by Jerry S

I'm not mad at either one of them, but I just don't see the value in a majority of Adlard's panel pages. When they were cheaper, it was tempting to buy pages from favorite issues, but at these prices, I'd rather save for something more substantial, WD or otherwise. I am still looking at purchasing covers, but Adlard pages aren't on the radar anymore. I've mentioned this before but I was the underbidder on the issue 1, p 2 splash...I do regret not bidding more on that.

No doubt artwork increases in value - but I think for artwork to increase it has to be good artwork --

You really dont see a problem with the page I linked? The character in the foreground looks like a GIANT while the character in the background looks like a gi-joe toy -- the bricks are too large and high up - its just not a well drawn page

good artwork is obviously debatable tho. i really don't see a horrible problem with the page. i wouldn't pay more than $100 for it myself, so it's over priced to me. now, it's not wrightson nice. but none of that matters....

the book is the hottest book in the world right now probably. speculators are buying these up, and prices SHOOT UP STUPIDLY. if i was selling these pages, i'd be charging you guys dumb prices too. you know why? because i'm sure they'd sell for dumb prices.

I'm not mad at either one of them, but I just don't see the value in a majority of Adlard's panel pages. When they were cheaper, it was tempting to buy pages from favorite issues, but at these prices, I'd rather save for something more substantial, WD or otherwise. I am still looking at purchasing covers, but Adlard pages aren't on the radar anymore. I've mentioned this before but I was the underbidder on the issue 1, p 2 splash...I do regret not bidding more on that.

I am sure I will get some heat for this too - but I actually think that was a terrible page too (while drawn 10000000 times better than Adlard) it was a pretty lame page - it was Rick, in a bed. Thats it. 8.5 grand for that!?!?! I can think of way cooler stuff for 8.5 grand!!

I get that it was a first appearance, and the 2nd page of the entire series, and that it was the first page of the present, in the story, but still, its Rick, in a bed.

i don't see value in a lot of these pages either. they're over priced. i'm just saying i understand why the prices are DUMB high. if invincible, or any other book had prices like this, it'd be different. walking dead is that once every 10-20 years kinda book.

I am sure I will get some heat for this too - but I actually think that was a terrible page too (while drawn 10000000 times better than Adlard) it was a pretty lame page - it was Rick, in a bed. Thats it. 8.5 grand for that!?!?! I can think of way cooler stuff for 8.5 grand!!

I get that it was a first appearance, and the 2nd page of the entire series, and that it was the first page of the present, in the story, but still, its Rick, in a bed.

imagine owning the first page from watchmen, or some other ICONIC book. it wasn't the best page from the issue, but it's still monumental....though time will tell if $8,500 was a good price or not. more than i'd have spent....but it's importance can't be under looked.