• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Submission Calculator: Updated To v7.0! Now Entirely Web Based!
3 3

56 posts in this topic

Okay now I'm finished with the Signature Series Calculator :whee:

Feel free to try it out too and lemme know of any errors and such. Hang in, while I replace the current calculator with v6.0, sorry if you guys get booted in the process.

All done. There is a Universal calculator sheet and a Signature Series calculator sheet (toggle between them at the bottom of the page), with appropriate colors too :P Now you can find the v6.0 here:

http://www.ourlittlelucas.net/cgc

A few changes to note, google docs finally got around to protecting cells of shared documents. So I've gone ahead and done this. The only items you can edit are the Quantity, Comic Name, Isssue, FMV columns and you can still use all the clickable drop down menus for the red cells in column A for example, and if you want to press a comic or not, etc.

I'm hoping I can keep this up permanently now that people can't mess it up :grin:

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I've made some changes under the hood so that prices can easily be updated, hopefully not for a while now :shrug:

Anyway, v2.5 is up at Google Docs to mess around with it and if you want to use it on your own I'd recommend downloading the zip file (thumbs u

A big thanks to Barbarian who gave me some good insight on making things easier to update in the future. Something that I never thought of, haha. Thanks man!

Jerome

Okay I'm hoping all the bugs are now fixed and everything calculates as I've always wanted :cloud9:

Besides any other typos and what not I may have missed, I'm calling this project finished until prices change (thumbs u

Excel 2007+ CGC Submission Calculator v3.0

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

/\ I've been on the fence about that, but I think I will now that you mention it. Thanks!

EDIT: What do you think of it now?

Jerome

Looks good.

Found a couple more bugs/errors where the total cost per book is totaling the cgc costs and pressing costs, then changing the cgc cost total. Which I have them itemized separately down below, so the pressing costs were getting double charged essentially, plus it changed the costs of insurance too. It's been fixed and should be more accurate with v5.0

I also added a new sheet for submitting Magazines as I got requests from some people subbing mags and comics. In this version, each sheet (comics and mags) are separated. I just added the total costs of subbing a Mag at the bottom of the itemized lise in the comics sheet "*Add Magazine Costs (If Applicable)"

Lastly, because of the behind the scene changes I made to make updates easier for future CGC price changes, the discount for 20+ books being pressed, stopped working. I've modified that as well to reflect for each sheet.

Google Docs Submission Calculator v5.0

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

UPDATE:

Kinky Linky.

A few changes to note, google docs finally got around to protecting cells of shared documents. So I've gone ahead and done this. The only items you can edit are the Quantity, Comic Name, Isssue, FMV columns and you can still use all the clickable drop down menus for the red cells in column A for example, and if you want to press a comic or not, etc.

I'm hoping I can keep this up permanently now that people can't mess it up :grin:

NOTE: Be sure to fill in the Quantity, Comic Name, Issue AND Fair Market Value, otherwise it won't calculate the totals for you. Don't forget to change the submission tiers and fill in YOUR shipping costs to CGC.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

:hi:

I am not sure how often my calculator is being used. I imagine not a lot, but because of the fact you have to delete the previous persons inputs, I can make a second identical calculator to share in the future. That way (in theory) your inputs on the calculator will stay on there longer. Just shoot me a pm (thumbs u

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I've finally had a few minutes to embed this calculator in a webpage. It's very vanilla, but it works great so users can't add anymore rows and you no longer have all that Google garbage at the top either. Just the calculator.

The iframe is a real PITA to play with, I had to basically make a stylesheet for the popular browsers. Do note, that Internet Explorer is simply not compatible with this (blame activeX). It will support, Firefox and Chrome in windows and Safari on the mac.

Anyway, here's the link! Enjoy!

I will be putting up the Magazine and Signature Series pages in the near future. For now, just Blue Label Comic goodness. :)

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I'm all finished with the signature series pages too. I protected the cells and modified the text a little so it's easier to read against that yellow.

Hope you guys find it useful and let me know if my math is incorrect. But before you do, make sure you triple check your menu selections on the left for using the right submission tier and fill in your shipping costs to CGC, etc.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I thought of a couple other things that may come in handy:

A notes section, where you can fill in things like when the next Comicon is, or write a reminder like, "don't sub these books until I receive [whatever] books."

I also added a print button should you want to print out your costs to save for later. I also removed the print button from printing. I've also made the default page setup to be landscape to better fit the page.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Google recently made a bunch of changes to their Google Spreadsheet Docs. One of which completely broke the dropdown menus *eyeroll*

So I've retweaked things and it's all back to normal :whee:

As always, it works best in Firefox and Chrome in windows. Firefox on Linux and Safari on the Mac don't look as nice, but still works.

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

New Update!

I've completely re-written the CGC Submission Calculator starting from scratch. It's written completely in Javascript and HTML. It should look familiar. No more dumb striped cells that make it hard to read. Just a simple calculator.

It actually took me way way longer to get things done in excel vs. Javascript and I'm a complete n00b in Javascript, lol

I also implemented a few submission tier checks like if you choose the modern tier with a FMV over $200 it tells you to choose another tier.

I did my initial round of testing and things look fine, but if you spot an error just shoot me a PM with the details!

Enjoy!

You can still find it at: http://www.ourlittlelucas.net/cgc

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

I found a little bug and tweaked the required fields alerts a little so you now know when you are missing a field and where. I'm hoping this is the final release build lol

I'm curious, does anyone use the calculator? How accurate has it been for you? Feedback welcome, thanks guys!

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace