• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I've only used DH a couple of times when my usual channels came up empty. ON one occasion they sent me the wrong book. I sent it back and they replaced and refunded postage, no dramas.

Someone talk to me about Comicana - I had a look at their site but didn't see any info on subscriptions. I take it they are online only, no physical shop, is that right?

I have no real reason to leave A Place in Space, but would like to make sure prices are still competitive... also APiS doesn't do CGC submissions.

Finally, one last question - do any of you guys have experience subbing comics through DWC? Feedback (happy to receive through PM...)

Adam

Hey Adam,

I have been using Comicana's standing order / Pull list / subscriptions service for too many years now. What is it you would like to know?

They do have business permises which you can arrange to visit to look at their books.

If you want anything, all you do is email John - this includes changes etc.

They deliver once a month - I know that's a bit of a pain, but you can ask if they will deliver weekly - I know that when I started, John said they only post monthyl.

Any issues with comics - just contact John and he will sort the best he can.

Packaging - utterly bullet proof - never a complaint.

If I have missed anything ask away.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks for this Brian. I'm interested in their prices for comparison with APiS (assume they have a different price point for each dollar cover price).

Are their business premises in London? That would be really useful for the purposes of subbing books to CGC through them, which is the main thing I'm interested in using them for.

Appreciate the info - I've been told I should contact Nick through the boards, so I will do that too.

Yes, Nick's your man.

They are just north of London, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire.

EDIT - for price, I will need to get home and I can let you know from my last invoice. PM me if you still need this information.

They're just off of junction 20 of the M25 and John is around and about in London a lot. I've been getting my subs from them for the last few years and I highly recommend them.

I've used DH a few times and have had no complaints. They generally have good stocks when other outlets are sold out.

Just put an order in with Limited Edition Comix, anyone used them before?

Whizzer uses LEC so you could PM him for info. The guy who runs it was my LCS owner for several years and he's a very nice guy. Nothing bad to say about him.

I've used DH a few times and have had no complaints. They generally have good stocks when other outlets are sold out.

Just put an order in with Limited Edition Comix, anyone used them before?

Whizzer uses LEC so you could PM him for info. The guy who runs it was my LCS owner for several years and he's a very nice guy. Nothing bad to say about him.

Sounds good to me. I was impressed by the range of books they had that I'd drawn a blank with in other places.

I think that's why there are different sellers at Kapow to Supercon, the Kapow sellers can't compete with a lot of the sellers at Supercon

Nope it was raw, incognito had one that was similar at 425, the place was just so overpriced

They had the same book at Leeds about 9 months ago.

I guess they are waiting for the DD movie reboot.

Sounds as bad as that Birmingham show I went to a couple of years ago (BICS).

Kapow was pretty bad, actually more comics on sale this year than last and slightly better organised but the same old stall holders and a lesser turnout.

None of this says much considering i thought it was poor last year. Oh and I won't be going tomorrow, it closes at 3.30 :/ 2 day con my arse :roflmao:

Not being a Chelsea fan, I tried to watch the game as a neutral, but as it went on, the home spirit loomed in me and I couldn't help cheering them on especially against the Germans.

Its just too hard not to support a English team against foreign opposition.

With the exception of the mackems, though I doubt that I will ever be put in that position.

Again, well done Chelsea.

:applause:

Saw Jay Z and Kanye, they were amazing, not a fan on Mr West but was great, may go back on tues, can anyone say if the sellers at kapow are basically the same ones as London comic mart?If so I won't bother with that

Well done to Chelsea.

+1 .

I find it really hard to feel happy for Chelsea. Partly that's sour grapes as I'm an Arsenal fan who has now seen United (twice), Liverpool and Chelsea lift the trophy where we've failed.

But mainly it's because they played rubbish football for most of the year, finished 6th in the league and barely mustered an attack of note in the final. Their victory against Real in the semi was exciting, but I found the final to be a let down. I still think penalties are a rubbish way to finish a game as important as that.

Also - I never thought I would say this - I feel genuinely bad for Spurs, who played really well this year. The rule that the winners get an automatic pass into the next year's competition needs to be scrapped. It's bad enough that a fourth placed team can get in (yes, that was us last year), but the 6th placed? It's supposed to be a competition for the best teams in Europe - you are NOT one of the best teams if you win a cup competition, and you are certainly not if you finish 6th in your league.

Anyway, moan moan moan. On the plus side John Terry didn't get to take part