Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5693075 - 05/18/12 07:22 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: ucleben]
He11blazer Offline

Bongwater saved my life.

One night about 20 years ago, I fell asleep on my bedroom floor next to a lit candle...

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brighton, UK
 Originally Posted By: ucleben
Hi He11blazer! Good to hear from you again, haven't seen you post in a while (maybe it's just me).

I'm just a little infrequent these days

#5693124 - 05/18/12 08:06 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: Mio]
Forbush-Man Offline

Custom title? I don't need no stinkin' custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: 1st EMPEROR !!!!!!
 Originally Posted By: Mio
It will be overvalued. I would not touch that thing.

Ditto.

EMPIRE COLLECTIBLES
Pulp Magazines, Comic Books & more...

For-bush Man: The artist formerly known as FUELMAN

#5693607 - 05/18/12 11:50 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: Forbush-Man]
delekkerste Offline

James Bond wears a Rolex...the rest is just product placement.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: New York, NY
FB spiked when it opened, but is now back to the IPO price 20 min. later! \:o
"Stability begets instability...the more stable things appear, the more dangerous the ultimate outcome will be, because people start to assume everything will be all right and end up doing stupid things." - Dr. Hyman Minsky

"Buy because you love it, because the next generation in all likelihood ain't gonna love it as much as you did." - Gene P.

"No asset is so good that it can't become a bad investment if bought at too high a price." - Howard Marks

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

It's not what you buy, it's when you buy.

It's better to be thought a fool than to open your wallet and remove all doubt.

My ComicArtFans.com Online Comic Art Gallery

#5693646 - 05/18/12 12:10 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: He11blazer]
drice6900 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Still a Rush-free Utopia
 Originally Posted By: He11blazer
Hi He11blazer! Good to hear from you again, haven't seen you post in a while (maybe it's just me).

This could help:

;\)

"Fine - as soon as I finish this chapter of Tolkien! I always was a sucker for far-out fantasy!" - Captain America (Avengers Vol. 1, #46)

�I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.� - B.B. esq

#5693681 - 05/18/12 12:32 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: drice6900]
He11blazer Offline

Bongwater saved my life.

One night about 20 years ago, I fell asleep on my bedroom floor next to a lit candle...

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: drice6900

This could help:

;\)

I knew that was coming!

#5693690 - 05/18/12 12:36 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: He11blazer]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline

Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom title, go to My Stuff, then go to Preferences. You can change your custom title there.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Track Zuckerbergs Worth in Real-Time

#5693702 - 05/18/12 12:39 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
He11blazer Offline

Bongwater saved my life.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: BlowUpTheMoon

#5693750 - 05/18/12 12:53 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: He11blazer]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline

Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom title, go to My Stuff, then go to Preferences. You can change your custom title there.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Buffalo, NY
 Originally Posted By: BlowUpTheMoon

Thanks for the embed. It was 20.88 billion when I first posted it.

#5693755 - 05/18/12 12:54 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: He11blazer]
FFB Offline

At long last I feel regular.

TOTAL NEWBIE

My guess is that their market domination will come to an end 'soon'. Nobody wanted to switch to Google+ or anything else because they would have to persuade all their friends to move at the same time (and therefore all their friends' friends). Just not going to happen.

The break will come when someone creates a social networking site that also aggregates the feeds from other sites (like Facebook) and relays postings in an agreeable manner. So for example I log into Google++, see my friend's Facebook status update, comment on it and the system logs into FB on my behalf and passes on the comment. It's almost trivial in terms of programming. As soon as a site like that gets it right and catches on, Facebook will be demoted.

I bet this is one of those fleeting thoughts that I see realised a few years later and which makes the 'inventor' rich, while I sit at the bar saying "I thought of that!" to anyone who will listen. Like Tivo.

They already have ways to aggregate social networks.

Social Network Aggregator

#5693759 - 05/18/12 12:56 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: delekkerste]
FFB Offline

At long last I feel regular.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: delekkerste
FB spiked when it opened, but is now back to the IPO price 20 min. later! \:o

Bounced right back up after a lull. I am sure it'll finish the day higher than the IPO price.

I'm still not buying any though.

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH - 1843 MS64+ CAC quarter, 1824 AU53 half, doubled profile
by scubafuel
Yesterday at 07:17 PM
Auctioning Raw Rainbow toned ASE's on eBay started at .99c
by Doily
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
New coins @ kittlecoins.com: MS67+ Buffalo 5c, Toned Bust Halves, Commems & more
by illini420
09/19/14 09:06 PM
1837 Feuchtwanger 3c coin for sale at the Gettysburg Coin Show
by MICHAELDIXON
09/19/14 09:25 AM
Comics Marketplace
FS: Star Wars Rebel Heist 1-4 Complete Set (Reg/Var/Sketch)!
by projekt
22 minutes 55 seconds ago
DEADPOOL Galore!
by AGGIEZ
Today at 10:31 AM
silver f.s. fantasy masterpieces 2, mile high II
by Straw-Man
Today at 10:20 AM
Mal signature services - UK based.
by Garf
Today at 08:48 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.