• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the UK on-line comic shops?

Google is a nightmare as some that I know of like Wolf Comics just don't show up, which leads me to believe that heaps that I'm unaware of will also not be showing up.

All the comics you could ever need are currently in Arsenalherd's spare bedroom :gossip:

haha its going down, sold 17,000 in last month, made a little hole.

Google is a nightmare as some that I know of like Wolf Comics just don't show up, which leads me to believe that heaps that I'm unaware of will also not be showing up.

All the comics you could ever need are currently in Arsenalherd's spare bedroom :gossip:

Wow - well done on the sales :applause:

someone wants to do a shop in Midlands and sold him 15,000 drek, but he was happy with it, to be honest he never had a clue about comics as he was shocked at my Avengers 4 price when he asked

someone wants to do a shop in Midlands and sold him 15,000 drek, but he was happy with it, to be honest he never had a clue about comics as he was shocked at my Avengers 4 price when he asked

That shop will not last long - :facepalm:

unless Stryfe finds it, plenty of X-Force in there

Would this be a good time to ask you for the loan of a tenner? hm

i think good for Martinez, Wigan cant hold on forever, and as its the worst away day i would like to see them go down with Sunderland and Newcastle next season

Newcastle! :sumo: Just stay at home. (And to think, I used to like Arsenal) .

i think good for Martinez, Wigan cant hold on forever, and as its the worst away day i would like to see them go down with Sunderland and Newcastle next season

I don't understand how Wigan survive financially. They have the lowest attendance figures in the Prem league, I'm sure there are an abundance of Championship teams who draw more fans.

Wheelan should accept that Wigan is a Rugby town and will always play second fiddle.

unless Stryfe finds it, plenty of X-Force in there

Pauls never going to live that down lol

Talking of online stores (And swerving the recurring X-Force #1 issue). Avoid Disposable Heroes at all costs.

As one of the few online retailers who do put caps on how many issues you are allowed to order as well as offering free P&P I decided to put in a fairly big order for some books over the next few weeks (Walking Deads, Revival, Dancer, Hellraiser...).

All together I spent £156

First set of books arrived on Monday. 2 Copies of ToT4. Shipped in an A4 card backed envelope and folded to h3ll. E-mailed them on Monday asking them to ship me another couple as those two were damaged.

No response.

Followed up on Wednesday

No Response

Followed up again this morning

Still no response.

I'm packaging the ToT's back up and sending them back with a demand for a full refund for the entire order and the return P&P.

Obviously sending them back recorded delivery. I'm assuning that if I still get no response, I can unleash Paypal on them.

Avoid them like the plague!!!

I've had stuff from them before, well not about a year now, always seemed ok when I was buying off eBay.

So you should be making your way to Comicana for floppies now? :)

I've had stuff from them before, well not about a year now, always seemed ok when I was buying off eBay.

So you should be making your way to Comicana for floppies now? :)

Yeah. I've already contacted Nic and John about setting up a pull list.

In stark contrast to DH, I used APIS for the first time this week as well for 3 copies of the Image FCBD book (I'm really looking forward to Revival).

2 probable 9.6's (1/2 ,mil bindery tear at top of spine). 1 probable 9.8.

All bagged, boarded, re-bagged in brown paper then shipped in a nice sturdy cardboard shipping packet (Free P&P).

Reasonable pricing. Decent quality books and high quality packaging. Can't recommend them enough. The only issue I have with them is the way they list their books. No ability to pre-order. It's just first come, first served on a Thursday AM. Plus they limit a lot of their books to 1 per customer

I've only used DH a couple of times when my usual channels came up empty. ON one occasion they sent me the wrong book. I sent it back and they replaced and refunded postage, no dramas.

Someone talk to me about Comicana - I had a look at their site but didn't see any info on subscriptions. I take it they are online only, no physical shop, is that right?

I have no real reason to leave A Place in Space, but would like to make sure prices are still competitive... also APiS doesn't do CGC submissions.

Finally, one last question - do any of you guys have experience subbing comics through DWC? Feedback (happy to receive through PM...)

Adam

The only issue I have with them is the way they list their books. No ability to pre-order. It's just first come, first served on a Thursday AM. Plus they limit a lot of their books to 1 per customer

:gossip: Not the case on either count actually (I can say this from personal experience).

I do have one small gripe about APiS actually - they deliver once a month, and you can't choose which week. Means that I have to avoid some discussion threads as it'll be another three weeks before I get my books...

Does the same go for Comicana? Ironically it seems DH deliver their subs EVERY WEEK at no extra charge!

Finally, one last question - do any of you guys have experience subbing comics through DWC? Feedback (happy to receive through PM...)

Adam

Subbed a lot of books through them at LSCC. Really helpful. They have provided me with a few updates when my books have been delayed by CGC.

Both Chandler and Sharon seem very friendly and knowledgable.

The only issue I had was the incorrect pricing on one of my subs. They soon identified the issue and refunded the amount. In their defence, their booth at LSCC was VERY busy and even I missed the mistake until I got home and took a close look at my invoices.

I'd be happy to sub via them again (But will probably use Nic @ Comicana :) out of UK boardie loyalty and Nic's pre-screen services)

I've only used DH a couple of times when my usual channels came up empty. ON one occasion they sent me the wrong book. I sent it back and they replaced and refunded postage, no dramas.

Someone talk to me about Comicana - I had a look at their site but didn't see any info on subscriptions. I take it they are online only, no physical shop, is that right?

I have no real reason to leave A Place in Space, but would like to make sure prices are still competitive... also APiS doesn't do CGC submissions.

Adam

Hey Adam,

I have been using Comicana's standing order / Pull list / subscriptions service for too many years now. What is it you would like to know?

They do have business premises which you can arrange to visit to look at their books.

If you want anything, all you do is email John - this includes changes to your monthly list etc.

They deliver once a month - I know that's a bit of a pain, but you can ask if they will deliver weekly - I know that when I started, John said they only post monthly.

Any issues with comics - just contact John and he will sort the best he can.

Packaging - utterly bullet proof - never a complaint.

If I have missed anything ask away.

Cheers,

Brian

Adam

Hey Adam,

I have been using Comicana's standing order / Pull list / subscriptions service for too many years now. What is it you would like to know?

They do have business permises which you can arrange to visit to look at their books.

If you want anything, all you do is email John - this includes changes etc.

They deliver once a month - I know that's a bit of a pain, but you can ask if they will deliver weekly - I know that when I started, John said they only post monthyl.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks for this Brian. I'm interested in their prices for comparison with APiS (assume they have a different price point for each dollar cover price).

Are their business premises in London? That would be really useful for the purposes of subbing books to CGC through them, which is the main thing I'm interested in using them for.

Appreciate the info - I've been told I should contact Nick through the boards, so I will do that too.

Adam

Hey Adam,

They do have business permises which you can arrange to visit to look at their books.

If you want anything, all you do is email John - this includes changes etc.

They deliver once a month - I know that's a bit of a pain, but you can ask if they will deliver weekly - I know that when I started, John said they only post monthyl.

Cheers,

Brian

Thanks for this Brian. I'm interested in their prices for comparison with APiS (assume they have a different price point for each dollar cover price).

Are their business premises in London? That would be really useful for the purposes of subbing books to CGC through them, which is the main thing I'm interested in using them for.

Appreciate the info - I've been told I should contact Nick through the boards, so I will do that too.

Yes, Nick's your man.

They are just north of London, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire.

EDIT - for price, I will need to get home and I can let you know from my last invoice. PM me if you still need this information.

Edited by Waylander