• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age on the forum
1 1

356 posts in this topic

• Administrator

BTW... there are 2 things to consider about the creation of a forum, one is obviously demarking a separate era of comics... the other is actually having traffic and post there....

Think there'd be enough?

BTW... there are 2 things to consider about the creation of a forum, one is obviously demarking a separate era of comics... the other is actually having traffic and post there....Think there'd be enough?

Yes there would!

take two months to debate and Poll demark date and we could come to an agreement.

The modern age cannot stretch on forever! Soon Kids born at begining of Modern age will have kids collecting comics. Way to long!

Two Generations in one comic age?

BTW... there are 2 things to consider about the creation of a forum, one is obviously demarking a separate era of comics... the other is actually having traffic and post there....

Think there'd be enough?

Absolutely yes. I for one am just waiting. I don't even use the current Modern Forum since the main focus there is mainly on brand new books and current storylines. I don't have the patience to scan all the pages looking for 80s or even 90s comic talk. A Copper forum would give people like me another location to participate in. I'm willing to guess that it would gather more interest than either the Comic Magazines or Comic Events Forums.

Copper Age Forum:

BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME thumbsup2.gif

Well quiet frankly the marking of the era has already been done by the Guide. Now I state again and again that no one has to agree with the years or criteria, but I think by establishing it in the source that collectors have used for decades to learn about the whole Comic Book Age historical timeline, we've as close to formally established it as we possibly could. Like I said, the term existed *before* us, but now it's here to stay.

Arnold

I can agree with you on the starting year, just not the choice of a final year.

I still think comics ages are falling into 14 year cycles..

Gold 1939-1953

Atomic 1953-1956 (the exception)

Silver 1956-1970

Bronze 1970-1984

Copper 1984 - 1998

?? 1998-2012.

1998-up is clearly the Plastic Age. grin.gif

That's about when the slabbing began right?

I wasn't there at the conception... gossip.gifconfused.gif

Think there'd be enough?

1. Already been established by Overstreet, as per Arnold.

2. Yes. I think there is. Most forumites started collecting in that era, so there's definitely familiarity. The best book of the 80's thread in comics general would be quite at home in a Copper Forum.

I can agree with you on the starting year, just not the choice of a final year.

I still think comics ages are falling into 14 year cycles..

Gold 1939-1953

Atomic 1953-1956 (the exception)

Silver 1956-1970

Bronze 1970-1984

Copper 1984 - 1998

?? 1998-2012.

1998-up is clearly the Plastic Age. grin.gif

That's about when the slabbing began right?

I wasn't there at the conception... gossip.gifconfused.gif

Well if its in plastic then there is no conception!

Thats the idea isnt it?

one is obviously demarking a separate era of comics...

1. Already been established by Overstreet, as per Arnold.

Yup. We could argue this point for ever and never get a consensus. I say we go with OS just to keep it simple.

Think there'd be enough?

I'm already waiting to be yelled at for posting my "Copper Horror" books over in the Infinite Bronze Horror thread, so yes! insane.gif

Ok. confused-smiley-013.gif Sold.

ARCH thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, gives us 30ish and 40ish guys a room to play in with comics that were coming out in our teenage an early adult years.

Cool, now I gotta go dig out my 80s books and get all nostalgic on ya' all.-----Sid

I, for one, am glad to have this forum space. I grew up reading mainly during the early and mid-80s, so I'm pretty comfortable here. So, uh...

what should we talk about?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, for starts, WHAT were you collecting in the Copper years and what was your outlook on the whole comics thing at that time?

Just curious if there are any plans to add a Copper Comics section to the forum. Is CGC resisting this new classification? Is it just something that will take time? Is it pointless? Thoughts?

thanks

I'm pushing for the Aluminum Foil Age myself.

Seems to work for me, considering all the foil covers and what not!

Well, it would have to be the Aluminum Foil Age followed by the Hologram Age followed by the Chromium Age.....

Jeez, with all that shiny stuff, no wonder it's drawing comparisons to disco.

Don't forget the "Die-Cut Cover Age" or the "Ghost Rider & Punisher on every Cover Age". 27_laughing.gif