• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper Age on the forum
1 1

356 posts in this topic

I'd certainly like to see it. Next to Bronze this would be my next favorite decade of comics. I'd love a place to post all my fave 80s covers. It may take a while to get a little respect. Seems like not too long ago Bronze Age was hardly worth recognizing.-----Sid

Just curious if there are any plans to add a Copper Comics section to the forum. Is CGC resisting this new classification? Is it just something that will take time? Is it pointless? Thoughts?

thanks

I'm pushing for the Aluminum Foil Age myself.

Seems to work for me, considering all the foil covers and what not!

yay.gif

Has there been a substantial change in currently published books to warrant a new Age ? Something that really marks the spot ? If not, then the Modern Age should do just fine for now. Just MHO. hi.gif

That's what I mean about it taking a while to gain some respect for 80s books. It just hasn't been long enough. Give it another 5-10 years and all of a sudden the "Copper Age" books will be treasures and highly touted. It seems that what was hot, then cools down, becomes totally uncool, until it is really old, then it is cool again. Like disco. Disco was laughed at all through the 80s and 90s. Now it is getting some respect again.

Like disco. Disco was laughed at all through the 80s and 90s. Now it is getting some respect again.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahuh ahuh ahuh ahuh aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahuh ahuh ahuh ahuh aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahuh ahuh ahuh ahuh

SAY IT ISNT SO!!!!!! frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

BTW ahuh ahuh is the best I could come up with to spell catching my breath...

Edited by aman619

Like disco. Disco was laughed at all through the 80s and 90s. Now it is getting some respect again.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahuh ahuh ahuh ahuh

SAY IT ISNT SO!!!!!! frustrated.giffrustrated.gif

BTW ahuh ahuh is the best I could come up with to spell catching my breath...

sign-funnypost.gif And true too! "Disco yay.gif"

I guess disco would be Bronze age music whereas Culture Club (w/Boy George) is Copper age music?

But seriously, some disco is great. And as a musician myself I see alot of real musicianship and good writing and production going on in much of that music. Jackson 5, KC And The Sunshine Band, Village People? That is good writing, singing, playing and production. Some better than others, and some disco really DOES suck. Listen to 70s BeeGees. That music is masterful. Stayin' Alive! Genius. I'm not kidding. I am also seeing more appreciation for it now than I have in the last 20 years. Watch out, it's comin' back. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif -----Sid

I think there might be a valid aurgument for a Copper Age

forum. I can't really see wherebooks like Watchmen,Crisis,SWs#1,Dark Knight and some X books really should get lumped in with last weeks books.some of these are getting to be twenty years old.

I'd certainly like to see it. Next to Bronze this would be my next favorite decade of comics. I'd love a place to post all my fave 80s covers. It may take a while to get a little respect. Seems like not too long ago Bronze Age was hardly worth recognizing.-----Sid

What's wrong with the Modern Forum? confused-smiley-013.gif

It seems to me that 80s books, and to a lessor degree 90s books are overlooked in the Modern category. "Modern" seems to focus more on current moderns, as in the past couple years, or even months. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as that is where alot of interest is. But by focusing on a more specific time period, like the 80s specifically, it would bring out more collectors such as myself that are not interested in last month's books. It just bugs me sometimes to go to the Modern boards and see all these threads about current storylines, so for the most part I just avoid it.----Sid

It seems to me that 80s books, and to a lessor degree 90s books are overlooked in the Modern category. "Modern" seems to focus more on current moderns, as in the past couple years, or even months. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as that is where alot of interest is. But by focusing on a more specific time period, like the 80s specifically, it would bring out more collectors such as myself that are not interested in last month's books. It just bugs me sometimes to go to the Modern boards and see all these threads about current storylines, so for the most part I just avoid it.----Sid

I would agree with you that there is a difference between 1980-1997 books. Books from 1997, or there around, have lower print runs. Perhaps that is the cut-off point for the "80's books which are plentiful. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Perhaps a forum for Current Comics disscussion would be in order rather than using the term Copper Age?

popcorn.gif

I'm all for adding a Copper Age forum to cover books published in the 80's and most of the 90's. There are still some debates raging on when it starts and ends though.

Then Modern would continue doing what it is already doing, discussing new books.

I'm all for adding a Copper Age forum to cover books published in the 80's and most of the 90's. There are still some debates raging on when it starts and ends though.

Then Modern would continue doing what it is already doing, discussing new books.

How about starting with .35 cover price and running them up until the print runs fell, around 1995-1997 period? Would that make sense? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just curious if there are any plans to add a Copper Comics section to the forum. Is CGC resisting this new classification? Is it just something that will take time? Is it pointless? Thoughts?

thanks

I just wish eBay would set up a Copper Age comic section. Modern age now stretches the same span of time as Silver and Bronze combined. Having to wade through 1000's of new books makes it hard to find the early-mid 80's books I'm looking to buy.

sign-rantpost.gif

thanks

I just with eBay would setup a Copper Age comic section. Modern age now stretches the same span of time as Silver and Bronze combined. Having to wade through 1000's of new books makes it hard to find the early-mid 80's books I'm looking to buy.

sign-rantpost.gif

True!

If you were to give an Age a name, I would have to give the post 1997 books the honor of a Copper Age title and rename the 1980's to 1997 books Tin Age.

If you have to give them seperate titles anyway.

I can see a Copper Age forum becoming an infinite debate about what books are actually Copper Age and if there actually is a Copper Age. Kinda like this thread. I think it would get old really fast.

True, it would be a debate! Especially since the preciding age would have an over all lesser value than the age coming after. Where to start & where to end is questionable as well. Is there a need? I personally don't think so. I'm still hoping there'll be something new coming along to give cause for a new age.