Page 2 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5686939 - 05/16/12 02:13 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: WoodenJefferson]
Mio Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: MŘnchen
It will be overvalued. I would not touch that thing.
#5686944 - 05/16/12 02:15 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: Mio]
Schmakt Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Charlotte, NC
 Originally Posted By: Mio

+1

#5686956 - 05/16/12 02:18 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: WoodenJefferson]
Bronzed Jbone Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: National Park NJ
I don't have a facebook account now, although I did. I quit it b/c it did nothing for me. However, much like Martha Stewart, Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, Oprah, et. al., there's more to the company than just the product.

If you were on facebook several years ago you would have seen numerous changes. Zuckerberg isn't going to just disappear now. Fb will continue to evolve and offer the consumer what it wants.

If Ford left that may be a problem, but I'm curious what they bought with that kind of money. I hear about fb taking away ad revenue from other sites and think Ford is an aberation.

That being said, I'm not buying right away. I think it's going to go up the first couple of days, drop for some time, and then level out. At that time I'll see about buying some.

I think fb is a once in a lifetime company.

#5686979 - 05/16/12 02:27 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: WoodenJefferson]
The Troll King Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
 Originally Posted By: WoodenJefferson
FMC (Ford Motor Co) recently pulled their 30 million dollar ad campaign from Facebook, said they were not getting the bang for the bucks spent...shoot, even I ignore ads directed specifically at my interests. I think we have a lot of hype as the coaster is peaking on top of the track...it might initially dip, but will go back up...but will eventually loose momentum and come to a halt.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47442293
GM to drop Facebook ads due to low consumer impact

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon´┐Ż

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

#5687014 - 05/16/12 02:41 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: The Troll King]
WoodenJefferson Online   content

I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hurtling thru space @ 67,000 m...
 Originally Posted By: Buffyfan
FMC (Ford Motor Co) recently pulled their 30 million dollar ad campaign from Facebook, said they were not getting the bang for the bucks spent...shoot, even I ignore ads directed specifically at my interests. I think we have a lot of hype as the coaster is peaking on top of the track...it might initially dip, but will go back up...but will eventually loose momentum and come to a halt.

Ah yes, I stand corrected, it was GM...I get a cigar butt for at least getting one of the auto giants named. Perhaps I was reading about FMC dropping ads also...anyway, glad you corrected moi.

#5687023 - 05/16/12 02:44 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: WoodenJefferson]
The Troll King Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
 Originally Posted By: Buffyfan

Ah yes, I stand corrected, it was GM...I get a cigar butt for at least getting one of the auto giants named. Perhaps I was reading about FMC dropping ads also...anyway, glad you corrected moi.

I wasn't trying to correct you in a negative way. In fact I thought for a moment that both Ford and GM were dropping

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon´┐Ż

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

#5687036 - 05/16/12 02:50 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: Schmakt]
Ares Offline

FORUM CRIER

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Schmakt
 Originally Posted By: Mio

+1

short Sell it

#5689284 - 05/17/12 02:09 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: Ares]
WoodenJefferson Online   content

I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Hurtling thru space @ 67,000 m...
FORD Motor Co takes a jab at GM

#5692968 - 05/18/12 04:34 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: ComicConnoisseur]
He11blazer Offline

Bongwater saved my life.

One night about 20 years ago, I fell asleep on my bedroom floor next to a lit candle...

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brighton, UK
My guess is that their market domination will come to an end 'soon'. Nobody wanted to switch to Google+ or anything else because they would have to persuade all their friends to move at the same time (and therefore all their friends' friends). Just not going to happen.

The break will come when someone creates a social networking site that also aggregates the feeds from other sites (like Facebook) and relays postings in an agreeable manner. So for example I log into Google++, see my friend's Facebook status update, comment on it and the system logs into FB on my behalf and passes on the comment. It's almost trivial in terms of programming. As soon as a site like that gets it right and catches on, Facebook will be demoted.

I bet this is one of those fleeting thoughts that I see realised a few years later and which makes the 'inventor' rich, while I sit at the bar saying "I thought of that!" to anyone who will listen. Like Tivo.

#5693065 - 05/18/12 07:17 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: He11blazer]
ucleben Online   happy
Pedigreed

Loc: California
Hi He11blazer! Good to hear from you again, haven't seen you post in a while (maybe it's just me).
"It's not okay to hate anybody."
"Bad language is a stage all children go through, and it dies with time when they learn they're not attracting attention with it."
-Atticus Finch

Page 2 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS., ccgmod2 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB: 2009 Ultra High Relief Gold Eagle
by Proudtoown
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
FS: NGC MS64BN Civil war token.
by agentjim007
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
1 cent Morgans also halves and quarters!
by AstroTrain
Yesterday at 03:21 PM
Today GreatCollections - Capuano Registry Set, Rare Gold, 1995-W $1
by ianrussell
Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Comics Marketplace
DC Comics Presents 26 and New Mutants 98 FS
by bubbagump
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
WTB TMNT original art
by Miamiknight3434
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Strange Tales 115 Raw VG
by jaybuck43
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
New Mutants 98 CGC 9.8, McFarlane ASM, X-Factor 6, Wolverine, more CGC Books
by Red84
Yesterday at 10:28 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.024 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.