Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5686112 - 05/16/12 08:12 AM Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday?
ComicConnoisseur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON STRONG
Anybody have any thoughts on Facebook shares for Friday?
I have a feeling these will be overpriced at first. hm

#5686174 - 05/16/12 08:44 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: ComicConnoisseur]
KingOfRulers Online   happy
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Luctor et emergo
I just don't have faith in Facebook for longterm growth. It's not like they actually create a product like Microsoft, IBM or Apple. Facebook's product can easily be forgotten and old news. They obviously struck gold with the concept, but to me it is just a consumer fad that can change at any moment (just like Myspace's rise and fall).

The company ownership will need to keep coming up with new ideas continuously, and I see it as a "one hit wonder".

#5686242 - 05/16/12 09:18 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: KingOfRulers]
ComicConnoisseur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: BOSTON STRONG
It reminds me of how 10 years ago just about everybody had AOL.
Another thing that concerns me is how a few people have told me how they are turned off with Facebook because of privacy concerns.
Simple little complaints like that usually grow.

#5686328 - 05/16/12 09:42 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: KingOfRulers]
Bane Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Reading, England
 Originally Posted By: KingOfRulers
I just don't have faith in Facebook for longterm growth. It's not like they actually create a product like Microsoft, IBM or Apple. Facebook's product can easily be forgotten and old news. They obviously struck gold with the concept, but to me it is just a consumer fad that can change at any moment (just like Myspace's rise and fall).

The company ownership will need to keep coming up with new ideas continuously, and I see it as a "one hit wonder".

Until people pull themselves out of the Matrix and stop posting every facet of their lives online then I can see Facebook enduring.

Especially as a younger generation grow up with this and Twitter.

No Jamie, you were one of a kind and you will be missed my friend. RIP.

#5686359 - 05/16/12 09:49 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: Bane]
bronzilla Offline

My friends call me "etc"

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Outside the Matrix. Where RU?

http://gawker.com/5881513/david-choe-jus...tic-art-in-2005

David Choe Just Made $200 Million For Painting Facebook Office with Erotic Art in 2005:

If then-President of Facebook Sean Parker had come to you in 2005, asked you to paint his new offices with a bunch of *spoon*, and then offered to pay you in either a few thousand dollars in cold hard cash or just the equivalent in company stock, you would probably have gone for the cash, right? Particularly if the company seemed on the whole sort of "pointless" to you, as it did to so many of us around then even though we were already becoming addicted to it? Fortunately for the painter, wild child graffiti artist David Choe, he picked the stock, which the New York Times points out is now about to be worth $200 million:

In 2005, Mr. Choe was invited to paint murals on the walls of Facebook's first offices in Palo Alto, Calif., by Sean Parker, then Facebook's president. As pay, Mr. Parker offered Mr. Choe a choice between cash in the "thousands of dollars," according to several people who know Mr. Choe, or stock then worth about the same.

Mr. Choe, who has said that at the time that he thought the idea of Facebook was "ridiculous and pointless," nevertheless chose the stock.

Many "advisers" to the company at that time, which is how Mr. Choe would have been classified, would have received about 0.1 to 0.25 percent of the company, according to a former Facebook employee. That may sound like a paltry amount, but a stake that size is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, based on a market value of $100 billion. Mr. Choe's payment is valued at roughly $200 million, according to a number of people who know Mr. Choe and Facebook executives.
Populations suffer from a fear of change, for their conditioning assumes a static identity. Challenging ones belief system usually results in insult and aprehension. Being wrong is eroniously associated with failure, when in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates us to a new level of understanding. There is no such thing as a smart Human being, for it is merely a matter of time before their ideas are updated, changed or eradicated. This tendency to hold on to a belief system, any belief system and sheltering it from new possibly transforming information, is nothing less than intellectual materialism. Dominant World views operate with the same social irrelevancy, they exist as barriers to social and individual growth. Major institutions exist as barriers to personal and social growth for each group perpetuates a closed world view.

Pat Tillman... Remember him please, he deserved so much more. http://www.pattillmanfoundation.org/

#5686646 - 05/16/12 11:49 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: bronzilla]
The Troll King Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
The problem with Facebook is that more than 60% of traffic is avoiding the ads on there.
Without traffic, no ads, without ads, no revenue.

WANTED: (preferably pedigreed)
Extreme High Grade Vampirella's

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon´

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

#5686654 - 05/16/12 11:53 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: ComicConnoisseur]
truthteller Offline
Instigator
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The one true undisputed Truth
How can a company that produces nothing but cyberstuff be worth 100 billion dollars?

TRUTH

Max, 5/7/2010 I will see you again

#5686659 - 05/16/12 11:55 AM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: truthteller]
krazy_kenny1 Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
 Originally Posted By: truthteller
How can a company that produces nothing but cyberstuff be worth 100 billion dollars?

$100 billion dollars doesn't buy what it used to \:\(

Edited by krazy_kenny1 (05/16/12 11:57 AM)

My Comics
My Art

#5686665 - 05/16/12 12:01 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: truthteller]
The Troll King Offline

"I don't feel like a freaknut..."

"Sometimes you don't."

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Watching the Lunatics Run the ...
 Originally Posted By: truthteller

TRUTH

It's kind of like an oil company claiming 2 million acres in assets which aren't even producing and will expire in 5 years.

WANTED: (preferably pedigreed)
Extreme High Grade Vampirella's

Widespread acceptance of an idea is not proof of its validity. -Robert Langdon´

"Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you are being had. Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Michael Crichton 1/17/03 speech California Institute of Technology"

#5686899 - 05/16/12 02:01 PM Re: Facebook stock IPO thoughts for Friday? [Re: The Troll King]
WoodenJefferson Offline

I have nothing to add or subtract, I am merely here.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Mach II with my hair on fire!
FMC (Ford Motor Co) recently pulled their 30 million dollar ad campaign from Facebook, said they were not getting the bang for the bucks spent...shoot, even I ignore ads directed specifically at my interests. I think we have a lot of hype as the coaster is peaking on top of the track...it might initially dip, but will go back up...but will eventually loose momentum and come to a halt.

We go through life not knowing what the next day will bring...if anything at all, so live for today!

Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB-Top Pop 21st Century coins.
by Kapimono
08:48 PM
1924-S/S SLQ 25C RARE CONTEMPORY COUNERFEIT
by carnellrules3
04:34 PM
New Group of Morgans up for sale
by TetonWarrior
03:55 PM
FS - 1915-S Buffalo Nickel on EBAY, 4 hrs left in auction
by TheTdotP
09/28/14 09:48 PM
Comics Marketplace
x force 2 -Deadpool Movie Villain's first app
by dhurley
08:27 AM
FS: New Mutants 100 XForce 2
by ft88
02:09 AM
FS: Transformers toy lot -- 2001 "Robots in Disguise" series
by jools&jim
11:53 PM
COVER - "Nailbiter"
; #1 Phantom Variant, Image Comic, Mike Henderson

by mikerb2223
11:39 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.