• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BAF countdown to 22 years of Marvel Comics!!!
1 1

731 posts in this topic

Hey, sorry to hi jack your thread here a little but wanted to show you this! Since it's basically your fault i had to spend all the money for these from you telling me how awesome they are and how much you love them, i hope you wont mind.

I've been getting like 1 a month since we talked about them and you convinced me how sweet they are. There's still like 5-6 i'd like to get if i can find a good deal but these are pretty much all the ones i wanted bad enough to pay full price and get. The great Ultron one on the left is the most awesome thing ever!

bowen5.jpg

Nice! Pretty cool bro! Glad I started you off on them! I used to be into the busts and statues HUGE! But ran out of room to display them. Sold off most of the busts. And I had everyone up to a certain point. (like 70 of them) Just kept a few. The statues I kept...because they would have been a pain to box up and ship. While the busts were easy to ship. The ones you have look great! Love the Thanos!!! But come on!!!! NO LOVE for the original Avengers???? Your MR Avengers. Whewwwwwww. Its ok...you can look at my dust covered ones. lol

2012-05-02083047.jpg[/img]

NICE! Those DEFINITELY need a dusting though! :baiting:

I'd love to get the Iron Man and Cap ones but havent been able to find a Cap and the Iron Man i was waiting until i got the others 1st. The Hulk one i just dont like the look of so i've been holding off on. I'm a BA kid so I went with those Avengers that i gerw up with and loved Vision, Hawkeye, Yellowjacket, Ant-man and of course the two best villains Ultron and Thanos.

Man, i cant believe you had SEVENTY of those! That is crazy!!! I've only got the 8 and i'm about out of room. I cant even imagine 70 :ohnoez:

I'd like to still get Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Abomination, Ms Marvel, Destroyer, Gladiator, Magneto and Juggernaut to finish off my collection but i dont have room for all of those. Maybe at most 2-3 more and then i'm completely out of room :sorry:

Just got this book from a board member.

Strange Tales #114 1st time Captain America is seen since 1954! I know its not Cap in the story. But this cover screams Cap.....and this book is Great! :cloud9:

2012-05-01175213.jpg[/img]

In the era of slabbed comics, where covers are often more important than interiors, I would imagine that this is not the "real" Cap is less important than it used to be, as it is still a Captain America cover, and a hero battle cover to boot. If I were collecting Silver Age Cap appearances, I'd consider this a key.

NICE! Those DEFINITELY need a dusting though! :baiting:

I'd love to get the Iron Man and Cap ones but havent been able to find a Cap and the Iron Man i was waiting until i got the others 1st. The Hulk one i just dont like the look of so i've been holding off on. I'm a BA kid so I went with those Avengers that i gerw up with and loved Vision, Hawkeye, Yellowjacket, Ant-man and of course the two best villains Ultron and Thanos.

Man, i cant believe you had SEVENTY of those! That is crazy!!! I've only got the 8 and i'm about out of room. I cant even imagine 70 :ohnoez:

I'd like to still get Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Abomination, Ms Marvel, Destroyer, Gladiator, Magneto and Juggernaut to finish off my collection but i dont have room for all of those. Maybe at most 2-3 more and then i'm completely out of room :sorry:

Yeah, thats what happened to me. Running out of room to display them sucked. Glad I kept the statues. Had one fallen and broke (Daredevil) which killed me..it was the first one I bought and one of my favs. Plus it resells for quite a bit from what I have seen. :cry: The 70 busts looked real badass displayed. :headbang:

Just got this from a board member.

Amazing Spider-Man #5....Now I only need #4 to have the set to current! Been working on this for years! This is the top Marvel set to me...aside from FF(Need #11). I never thought I would complete this years back. Real cool to be one issue away from complete sets for both titles!

2012-05-02171530.jpg[/img]

Yeah, that must have looked cool as hell!

Do you have a pic of all of them at once?

I know I have some...but can only find a piture of the spidey shelf. Have a bunch of pics from when I took pictures to sell them on Ebay. Took this in 2006. And leave my dust alone! lol

2006_0521Image0001-2.jpg[/img]

This was an early one. I think I sold this for a good profit.

2006_0510Image0008-1.jpg[/img]

Yeah, that must have looked cool as hell!

Do you have a pic of all of them at once?

I know I have some...but can only find a piture of the spidey shelf. Have a bunch of pics from when I took pictures to sell them on Ebay. Took this in 2006. And leave my dust alone! lol

2006_0521Image0001-2.jpg[/img]

This was an early one. I think I sold this for a good profit.

2006_0510Image0008-1.jpg[/img]

Nice! I love the rhino and Ant-Man ones but that Hobgoblin is freaking AWESOME! Thats the damn problem with those things though. Just when you think you have all the ones you want, you see 10 more cool ones you want :makepoint:

Luckily, they are pretty decent at retaining their value cus the $$$ definitely starts adding up QUICK with them. They're definitely worth it to me though. I love looking at them, the detail is amazing. The Vision, Thanos and Ultron are my favorites since those are my favorite characters but my Yellowjacket is probably my all time fav. The detail in hand on the Yellowjacket statue is mind boggling (worship)

The next one is....

TOS #9 CGC 6.0 DIABLO!!!!!

I thought I was not going win this. I put an OK bid...But I have seen some mid grade pre hero issues sell for more. So I was kinda shocked I got it. Again real cool colors on this issue! :headbang:

2012-05-08145813.jpg[/img]

Ok, these are not Silver Age books. They are Bronze. But I think they are cool as hell. Got two pretty high grade Marvel Treasury issues. I also collect those. There are about 50 ones that Marvel produced. I just need three more to have them all. Anyone with higher grade copies of Marvel Treasury Edition #26, Close Encounters #1 or Star Wars #3 drop me a PM.

This cover is GREAT!!!! Marvel Treasury Edition #13

2012-05-08201803.jpg[/img]

This cover is also really cool. Classic FF Vs. Galactus!!! Marvel Treasury Edition #21

2012-05-08201946.jpg[/img]

Just also got this, its Not Silver Age, But I always wanted a nice copy of this book. I am sure I will collect the whole set to #80 since I have the OCD thing. lol How about some 1984 Marvel goodness! Thanks Dicex!

Transformers #1

2012-05-15114245.jpg[/img]

I'd love to see a picture of, say the 20 most obscure series #1s together.

Come on, now...hop to it. :)

Peace,

Chip

Whats up Bro?

I love obsure stuff! But I dont have easy access to all my comics. The OCD has causes me to lose track of where stuff is...and boxes are stacked. So its a back breaking deal. I have a few books that are right here that are pretty obsure. Not all #1s. But they are hard to come by. Pussycat from Marvel 1968 is cool as hell!

2012-05-15132559.jpg[/img]

I love obsure stuff! But I dont have easy access to all my comics. The OCD has causes me to lose track of where stuff is...and boxes are stacked. So its a back breaking deal. I have a few books that are right here that are pretty obsure. Not all #1s. But they are hard to come by. Pussycat from Marvel 1968 is cool as hell!

2012-05-15132559.jpg[/img]

:applause: