• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I also had a few buys in that group i assume something came up and no money was exchanged so i forgot about it. I have tryed to buy from his web page with no response there either so maybe something came up?I just picked up one of his books on ebay tonight

Edit to add the purchase on ebay

Edited by roundguy

Not sure how to handle the following situation:

On May 5, I sent a PM invoice to a buyer, which was read by the recipient, but I received no response and no payment. Four days later, I sent a PM reminder, which was also read -- still no response and no payment. I sent a third reminder a day later, and added that taking more time to pay would be fine by me, but that he needed to get in touch with me to discuss the terms. To date, this third PM has not been read.

So now I'm nearly 10 days into this with no $$, even though the terms of my sales thread clearly stated that "Payment is via PayPal only, and is expected within 3 days of closing the deal (unless we've made other arrangements via PM)."

I know I can't propose the guy for the probie list until after 30 days. But in the meantime, I really need the $$. So is it cool for me to put the book up for sale again if, after 2 weeks from the original invoice, I still haven't got a response or any payment? The downside, of course, is that I guess this would nullify any probie action which could be taken.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks! -Mikey

I would like to add qualitycomix to the list. He had a huge sale that basically ended on 4/11/12. No money has been exchanged, but I thought it was poor form as I probably put the sign guy on $70 worth of books and he vanished. He came on a week later and purchased something and then disappeared completely.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=5592745&Searchpage=1&Main=254509&Words=+qualitycomix&topic=0&Search=true#Post5592745

Again? Seems Quality Comics keeps coming up.

On May 5, I sent a PM invoice to a buyer, which was read by the recipient, but I received no response and no payment. Four days later, I sent a PM reminder, which was also read -- still no response and no payment. I sent a third reminder a day later, and added that taking more time to pay would be fine by me, but that he needed to get in touch with me to discuss the terms. To date, this third PM has not been read.

So now I'm nearly 10 days into this with no $$, even though the terms of my sales thread clearly stated that "Payment is via PayPal only, and is expected within 3 days of closing the deal (unless we've made other arrangements via PM)."

I know I can't propose the guy for the probie list until after 30 days. But in the meantime, I really need the $$. So is it cool for me to put the book up for sale again if, after 2 weeks from the original invoice, I still haven't got a response or any payment? The downside, of course, is that I guess this would nullify any probie action which could be taken.

Thanks! -Mikey

I think you have every right to re-sell the book, only because you set a specific time frame that Payment was due.

Send the previous buyer a pm saying" I'm sorry but I have to re-list the book" and Re-list it.

Thanks! -Mikey

Time to Riffhard on this guy, Mike. :sumo:

I would like to add qualitycomix to the list. He had a huge sale that basically ended on 4/11/12. No money has been exchanged, but I thought it was poor form as I probably put the sign guy on $70 worth of books and he vanished. He came on a week later and purchased something and then disappeared completely.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=5592745&Searchpage=1&Main=254509&Words=+qualitycomix&topic=0&Search=true#Post5592745

Apparently he is still selling according to this WTB thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5682395#Post5682395

Thanks! -Mikey

You've given him ample opportunity to come through and he hasn't. If it were me, I'd send one last PM stating that since he hasn't paid, the book will be relisted. Even if he never reads it, you will still have proof that you've given him more than enough chances to pay.

Thanks! -Mikey

You've given him ample opportunity to come through and he hasn't. If it were me, I'd send one last PM stating that since he hasn't paid, the book will be relisted. Even if he never reads it, you will still have proof that you've given him more than enough chances to pay.

It's simple - put it back up for sale. Also, since he most likely will not get nominated here - who is it? You've been nicey nicey with pms so out him here and maybe he'll finally respond.

I am having a hard time understanding what the issue is with Quality...even reading this thread. Can someone please fill me in in one syllable words. lol.

At any rate....I have one previous purchase with Quality and it was a very positive experience. I know one purchase is a small sample....but it was a good one, so i am certainly more than willing to give him a chance.

I have heard before that Brent at Quality has communication issues. I can relate since it took me a while to get ahold of him with that first purchase (but once I did it worked out well and quickly).

If anyone is having problems with him that are not related to communication I would love to know.

Until then....he has a fan in me.

Edit----Oh, I see. He started a sales thread and didn't follow through. OK. I am less worried. I will definitely keep people on here posted about my recent purchase though, when it is complete.

Edited by drakesfuture

Thanks! -Mikey

Hey all...thanks for the advice. I'm going to give the buyer a few more days, then send him a final PM and re-list the book.

I don't feel comfortable outing him at this point. He might have had a family emergency or have been called out of town unexpectedly for all I know. Given that he read 2 of my PMs, I kinda doubt it, but ya never know. So better to err on the side of caution...

I am having a hard time understanding what the issue is with Quality...even reading this thread. Can someone please fill me in in one syllable words. lol.

At any rate....I have one previous purchase with Quality and it was a very positive experience. I know one purchase is a small sample....but it was a good one, so i am certainly more than willing to give him a chance.

I have heard before that Brent at Quality has communication issues. I can relate since it took me a while to get ahold of him with that first purchase (but once I did it worked out well and quickly).

If anyone is having problems with him that are not related to communication I would love to know.

Edit----Oh, I see. He started a sales thread and didn't follow through. OK. I am less worried. I will definitely keep people on here posted about my recent purchase though, when it is complete.

The books from that thread are all here and ready to be shipped. Everything that is ever paid for via the boards, ebay or QualityComix.com will be shipped and shipped promptly. Check out my feedback on ebay. I hadn't sent out PM invoices but I didn't think that is sufficient to be discussed in a Probation thread.

The books from that thread are all here and ready to be shipped. Everything that is ever paid for via the boards, ebay or QualityComix.com will be shipped and shipped promptly. Check out my feedback on ebay. I hadn't sent out PM invoices but I didn't think that is sufficient to be discussed in a Probation thread.

If it ended on or about the 11th of last month, as I think Pirate mentioned, then that's more than 30 days, no?

Yep, and I believe the intent of probation lists are for a) buyers who don't pay on time or b) sellers who don't ship books after being paid.

Actually, as I was replying to you, I was wondering whether the new rules we made up address a seller just blowing off sales, but ... a huge part of the intent of the probation list is to keep buyers and sellers honest, and to keep transactions flowing smoothly. I don't see why this would not include the part of the transaction between the :takeit: and the PM invoice, or other means of facilitating payment.

:screwy:

so people of the probation discussions i have a question. If i was to finally get said PM with invoice after 30 days, do i still have to buy said books?

so people of the probation discussions i have a question. If i was to finally get said PM with invoice after 30 days, do i still have to buy said books?

hm

No dog in this race... but dang... that is a GREAT question.

Seems like this particular situation might have been missed, but I'd say no, after 30 days you're off the hook. Unless of course some other time frame had been worked out.

To me, 30 days sounds like too long for this step of the process. I think something like 10 days is ample. All the seller has to do is send a PM with a total, or respond to a PM from the buyer. Does 10 days not sound decent? (O god, am I reopening a crazy can of worms?)

:hi::baiting::taptaptap:

:sorry: