• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Merle actually lives in Abraham's body and will explode out his stomach like in the movie alien in issue 99.

Michonne will then fall in love with Merle and take over as King and Queen of the Zombie Nation.

This will Rick off and he will kill Andrea cause no one can out last the "kiss of death". The Governor will then come back to life to adopt Carl but we all know that Carl can't be parented so Carl will run away with Merle and Michonne and start a new family.

:tonofbricks:

Merle actually lives in Abraham's body and will explode out his stomach like in the movie alien in issue 99.

Michonne will then fall in love with Merle and take over as King and Queen of the Zombie Nation.

This will Rick off and he will kill Andrea cause no one can out last the "kiss of death". The Governor will then come back to life to adopt Carl but we all know that Carl can't be parented so Carl will run away with Merle and Michonne and start a new family.

Where does Tyrone fit into all of this? hm

Where does Tyrone fit into all of this? hm

Well we all know Tyrone is dead :makepoint: ...so Kirkman will introduce T-dog (Tyrone's wimpy brother) T-dog will become Glenn's assistant but Maggie will become attracted to T-dog causing Maggie to leave Glenn. This will Glenn off and he will start to like men starting with Daryl hm

I think it is funny that we have 300 threads about WD prices but a new issue comes out yesterday and only a handful of us actually talk about the story :sorry:

I really miss the WDC :cloud9:

I think it is funny that we have 300 threads about WD prices but a new issue comes out yesterday and only a handful of us actually talk about the story :sorry:

Absolutely!

Issue 97 was great, loved it!

Can't wait to see how it all plays out....

Somebody better call Tyrone and tell him to get his mess...

So sad that Rick's BFF for over 30 issues (they did have that fight) doesn't get remembered properly.

Click my signature for a proper memorial to those that have fallen.

As for the issue, it was good.

Just read 97.

Looks interesting how they all refer to themselves as Negan. Not eager to see how Abraham and Eugene handle what's coming. Also, I called Maggie's issue. WOOT!

Good call on Maggie. Very good issue. The zombies aren't the threat anymore...I wonder if they are "dying" off as well. The scene where they talked about the extremely different/rotten one ambling along on the ground might make for some interesting foreshadowing.

Rick is becoming the Governor

I actually agree on this last one. Rick's gonna turn I think. He's too ruthless - at what point do the good guys become the bad guys?

Looking back over the last few pages on this thread I reckon that the OA market will get big given enough time, and anyone with enough cash who sees it will try and flip it with reasonable success the first time around... and they will be followed by some re-flippers too (that's happening with the comics I sell, about 10% are getting listed by the buyer a week later!? crazy... speculation on all issues past 95 possibly past 96 looks like it has hit saturation. ebay looks like a LCS pre-order form). I agree it will get ruined for the fans but demand is demand.

If it's like that with comics I bet a lot of people also don't know where they should be looking for pages in the first place or are just hardwired to ebay.

If you are just reading the trades, just watching the show or simply can't complete your collection. It may well make sense to pick up a page from an arc or issue you love which is well within reach at the moment compared to buying some of the early first print comics. Why not just go for something unique as a fan? At least that was the rationale for my page purchase. I know I can't afford a full collection now but a nice piece will fill the void for me.

Popped the payment through a few hours ago. Can't wait.

I agree, I think most people flock to eBay because that's all they know, this was me when I first started getting into building my collection. I didnt know about SplashPage or other OA sites or these message boards for that matter. So when they see WD OA listed, people asume those are the going prices.

I bought a few pieces and I am happy with them, not really key pages but ones that I personally liked. I would love to own some of the Michonne revenge pieces with the Governor all *spoon'ed* up! lol litterally spooned up! Those would be sweeet!

Prices will continue to rise, which is a good thing. With Kirkman planning to take the series to 200-300 issues, Walking Dead isnt going anywhere anytime soon, which is awesome! :whee:

I will have a 500 word essay ready soon, on my thoughts of issue 97 :grin:

oh post deleted:

was going to say...

Anyone who does will pretty much say they are not his agent / rep... speak to them. Mark seems like a nice enough guy willing to respond to mails.

I spoke to a lot of comic shops in the UK whilst hunting out TWD stock and was chatting to Infinity UK regarding requests. They mentioned Charlie would be contactable via his site (i.e. Yahoo), but is probably going to be really tied up right now until after San Diego.

:taptaptap: That is more like it

:taptaptap: That is more like it

Just read 97 and I'm personally pleased with the drama that is developing amongst the many characters. Should be interesting to see how the interactions between some of the characters will affect the group as this story arc plays out. Can't imagine how Glenn's news will affect him, after their first taste of conflict with their new threat. I'm feeling pretty excited to see how this one turns out in the end :headbang: