• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Guest Grails
So I saw this on the web a week or so ago, and now it's been pulled and I can't find it again. Is this a fake? Or a possible 100 cover? Anybody know? I haven't been keeping up with all the different WD threads. It was not discussed in this one yet.

WD100.jpg

lol That image escaped the boards? I made that a little while ago and posted it here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=5589146&Searchpage=4&Main=254482&Words=Grails&topic=0&Search=true#Post5589146

And yes, its Wrightson, greatest horror artist ever.

Preview of #97 is up - seven pages: Walking Dead #97 preview

Hard to tell much from just 7 pages, but seems another slowish start. I like it though, has a feeling of menace. Mystery illness, Eugene "messing with" Abraham... Eugene reminds me of Harold from The Stand

I like the ominous last line..."Motorcycle?"

Edited by pkveronese

So I saw this on the web a week (thumbs u or so ago, and now it's been pulled and I can't find it again. Is this a fake? Or a possible 100 cover? Anybody know? I haven't been keeping up with all the different WD threads. It was not discussed in this one yet.

WD100.jpg

lol That image escaped the boards? I made that a little while ago and posted it here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=60&Number=5589146&Searchpage=4&Main=254482&Words=Grails&topic=0&Search=true#Post5589146

And yes, its Wrightson, greatest horror artist ever.

NICE! Mystery solved! (thumbs u

I thought it was Wrightson's! ;)

Which comic did you pull the image from?

Preview of #97 is up - seven pages: Walking Dead #97 preview

Hard to tell much from just 7 pages, but seems another slowish start. I like it though, has a feeling of menace. Mystery illness, Eugene "messing with" Abraham... Eugene reminds me of Harold from The Stand

I like the ominous last line..."Motorcycle?"

If you're thinking it's Daryl, don't worry, it's not.

Just read 97.

Looks interesting how they all refer to themselves as Negan. Not eager to see how Abraham and Eugene handle what's coming. Also, I called Maggie's issue. WOOT!

Good call on Maggie. Very good issue. The zombies aren't the threat anymore...I wonder if they are "dying" off as well. The scene where they talked about the extremely different/rotten one ambling along on the ground might make for some interesting foreshadowing.

Edited by pkveronese

Just read 97.

Looks interesting how they all refer to themselves as Negan. Not eager to see how Abraham and Eugene handle what's coming. Also, I called Maggie's issue. WOOT!

Good call on Maggie. Very good issue. The zombies aren't the threat anymore...

Exactly, Rick and his crew are the threat. Those three don't stand a chance against Abe and Euge.

97 has really left me hanging. I just can't see it going well for any place that Rick sees a future in.

Looking back over the last few pages on this thread I reckon that the OA market will get big given enough time, and anyone with enough cash who sees it will try and flip it with reasonable success the first time around... and they will be followed by some re-flippers too (that's happening with the comics I sell, about 10% are getting listed by the buyer a week later!? crazy... speculation on all issues past 95 possibly past 96 looks like it has hit saturation. ebay looks like a LCS pre-order form). I agree it will get ruined for the fans but demand is demand.

If it's like that with comics I bet a lot of people also don't know where they should be looking for pages in the first place or are just hardwired to ebay.

If you are just reading the trades, just watching the show or simply can't complete your collection. It may well make sense to pick up a page from an arc or issue you love which is well within reach at the moment compared to buying some of the early first print comics. Why not just go for something unique as a fan? At least that was the rationale for my page purchase. I know I can't afford a full collection now but a nice piece will fill the void for me.

Popped the payment through a few hours ago. Can't wait.

Edited by Garf

Just read 97.

Good call on Maggie. Very good issue. The zombies aren't the threat anymore...I wonder if they are "dying" off as well. The scene where they talked about the extremely different/rotten one ambling along on the ground might make for some interesting foreshadowing.

Rick is becoming the Governor

I wouldn't agree. Ricks actions are justified as there is a threat. The Governor was the threat, and given the last page of the issue and the next 5 covers, I think we know who the threat really is this time. Kirkman really likes to foreshadow..

ex: Hershel in issue 45, "I can't shake the feeling that that was the last time I'll ever see Maggie". 3 Issues later - dead.

Edited by Phillip

Anyone have any new theories about when we are going to see Daryl, Merle or what role they will play in the Something to Fear story arc before or after issue 100. Do we think he is part of Nagan's group, a loner who saves the survivors of the encounter with Nagan's group, or any other theories you are willing to share. I am a big Daryl fan and excited about the countless different ways Daryl could play a part in the comic's story line. After the release of issue 97, it is clear that the cross-bow issue will be issue 101. It seems reasonable that we will get a panel or a few panels of foreshadowing of Daryl in 100 and that he will be introduced in issue 101 to keep sales up, and if anyone other than Kirkman was writing this book, I would be comfortable that this was the plan. But Kirkman is writing the book and because of that, I'm pretty sure that anything could happen.