• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

Personally, I don't understand the 1980 cutoff date. That stigma had been associated with toys/action figures since the early to mid 90's, nearly 20 years ago. You think as time marches on, the cutoff date would expand. lol

BTW, I got a guy trying to sell me a N64, mint in box with the Kong rumble/expansion pack and 30 games all with box and instructions. The only game that sticks out to me in the bunch is a Gold edition Legend of Zelda. Wants $100 for the lot. IS that good. I know, check eBay but does anybody have an opinion?

To answer your question about 1980, those in the business are still finding a TON of warehouse finds from this era. A lot of the stuff that is presumed to be 'in demand' or even hard to find 'factory sealed' is still showing up on the open market. Many times I have commented about finding many different video game warehouse finds from the NES, Super NES, and N64 eras. This does not include various Atari finds and the like, among other toys and games. While the 'benchmark' is always moving, 1980 is still relatively new and 'undefined' with very volatile prices on these kind of items.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Thanks for your thoughts, Mint. I remember checking to see if there were sports games there and there wasn't. Let me get in touch with the guy and I'll get a list of what games they are and more specifics about the system. I remember the boxes for tboth the system and the games being in great shape. I'll PM you with what I find out.

Haha. This is what I love about collectibles. You see cards, I see toys.

Here's a smattering of the Die Cast cars I got with that He-Man collection. Late 70's and early 80's. Hots Wheels on the Left and Matchbox on the right with the A-Team in the middle. I was never big on cars as a kid but I buy them up when I can because they just fly off the shelves. I never really gave Matchbox a thought until I bought up this collection. Many of the examples found had hoods and doors that opened and they seemed to like to make construction and industrial type vehicles. I couldn't believe the two trucks pictured still had the two motorcycles in the back and I just love the camper and horse trailer. I liked these so much that I might consider collecting these.DSC00583.jpg

Man, do those scratch n sniff stickers all over those boxes bring back memories. :cloud9:

Thanks for your thoughts, Mint. I remember checking to see if there were sports games there and there wasn't. Let me get in touch with the guy and I'll get a list of what games they are and more specifics about the system. I remember the boxes for tboth the system and the games being in great shape. I'll PM you with what I find out.

Sports games on that system are a dime a dozen. I don't even buy them (i.e. sports games) and at times; when in negotiations with a seller; I tell them I have no use for them. I even offer them back to the seller for a reduced cost. This generally works; as most sellers then realize that all those 'Madden' games they have been buying year after year; are worthless. The same is true for ALMOST all the EA Sports titles and most in general. The exception is a Nintendo game sports title which stars Nintendo characters. But even these have price limits. I would NOT buy GameCube versions of Mario Golf and Mario Tennis; unless they were around $2 each complete; maybe $3, if I had to. The N64 versions go for a little buit more. Keep in mind that the GameCube version of Mario Tennis was rereleased on the Wii and was quickly discounted. I have five to ten copies still factory sealed somewhere.

Not everything Nintendo touches turns to 'gold.' Notable failures do exist.

When looking at this lot; look for RPG's, any MAJOR Nintendo frachise based game, and any 'rarities' that you can identify. At $100; if they are in the box; you would make money; if you BOUGHT AND SOLD the lot CORRECTLY. Keep in mind this may include cleaning the games and system; and breaking up the lot and selling it individually. This can be a lot of work, but this is how I make my money in this business. I never buy a lot of items and sell the entire lot as a whole; unless if I want quick and easy cash. With video games it pays to know what you are doing and pull out the 'good' stuff and sell it separately.

I find a lot of NES systems at flea markets with common games that are NOT in demand. I then hear sellers complain that these systems are NOT selling. This is because no one is going to pay between $60-$75 for a used NES system with common games; especially in horrid condition.

I sell COMPLETE NES systems with three games (including one good one and two common games) for $29.95-$34.95 on eBay. I sell them very quickly at that price. Keep in mind that with video games we are talking tens of millions of items mass produced and released on the market. Almost nothing meets the true definition of 'rare.' Key word is almost; but most 'experts' agree (another controversial topic) that the definition of 'rare' is ten or less copies of one item. Keep in mind that this changes depending on the item in discussion.

Even 'so called uncommon games' I sell cheap. I sold Panic Restaurant a few months back (an uncommon Taito NES game) for $70. I paid $1 for it. I have no desire to hold that kind of game waiting for the right buyer to come along. I am happy with my profil margins. Let someone else buy and hold the game if they want to. I'll find more, I always do.

Bottom line is I think you are okay with the lot; but I would offer $75 and ensure they are not all sports games. If however, this is an email transaction only, you may want to pay the $100 and take the chance. If this is NOT a 'face to face' transaction; I would gladly pay the $100 and take the chance, but that is only my opinion. You have to do what you feel is right.

I get $49.95 for complete in the box N64 systems. I have been told that I sell them 'cheap'; but I disagree; as I find these all the time. If the Zelda games are in the box and complete in near mint condition these can sell for well over $20 each; and more (that is a low end estimate). . My prices may sound low, but I encounter this stuff all the time and can afford to almost 'wholesale' it out. This is my opinion ONLY!

I wish you the best of luck and welcome to the world of 'picking.' Don't worry there is plenty of this stuff to go around. Of that I am sure!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Edited by mintcollector

I was talking with an antique dealer at a mall recently and asked him about comic-related stuff. He told me that he had some Sunday comic pages that he wanted to sell and would bring them in during the next few days.

It turned out to be a huge collection of full pages (with a few tabloids) from the 20's to the 40's, including some Li'l Abner, Alley Oop, Captain Easy, Thimble Theatre, Phantom, a few Tarzans and Flash Gordon, and more!

I ended up buying the whole lot from him and here are some pics:

050132tarzan.jpg

060935jj.jpg

111834ce.jpg

122341phantom.jpg

03539la.jpg

051835kotrm.jpg

042438ao.jpg

There's a lot more, and I still have to get it organized. Only a few of the pages were separated into individual strips, and the page quality overall on the majority is better than I would have expected.

Went out today and found these in a dollar box.

Obviously not the best shape the TOS is missing the entire left corner and the ST has water damage through out but I figured they were worth two bucks.

774c3327.jpg

Laser Tag is a classic. Worlds of Wonder did an excellent job promoting the product and the commercials were like something out of a bad sic-fi movie. I consider that a good thing. I had Laser Tag growing up and I loved it. The problem was finding another use, as most other kids settled for 'Photon' because it was cheaper. It was also 'quite' generic in my opinion.

Great find, especially in the box!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Got this at a yard sale this morning. hm

Suhweeeeeet!

How much did you score that beaut for?

A single Andy Jackson. ^^

FMFMay132012001.jpg

Lone wolf and cub 2, 4,5,6,7,17,18

Hell Yeah 1

Fatale 1 and 2

Saga 1 and 2

FF 600 - 604

Moon Knight 1 the most recent

5 sealed packs of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader cards

Misc Cooper Indy's: Shuriken, Alien Worlds, Steel Pulse, Captain Zilog, Adam & Eve, Elf Warrior, American Flagg, Nexus Color, Elflord, Elric

Warlock 15

Spidey Super Stories 15 & 44

Freak Brothers 5, 6, & 7

Capt Am 115

Iron Fist 14

ToS 86

The four First Graphic Novels for TMNT.

I went to a bunch of antique stores over the weekend. A bunch of them had comics, but they were mostly in stacks in locked display cases. Some of them were in bags (no boards) that were yellowed with age.

I didn't even bother to track down someone to unlock the cases. I can't imagine that these places sell a comic very often.

I went to a bunch of antique stores over the weekend. A bunch of them had comics, but they were mostly in stacks in locked display cases. Some of them were in bags (no boards) that were yellowed with age.

I didn't even bother to track down someone to unlock the cases. I can't imagine that these places sell a comic very often.

For Guide+,over graded books? You could have wasted someones time...including your own.

Thought I would share my purchases from a local show I went to yesterday:

First lot was from the one dealer where I spent a third of the money I brought with me:

dealertablespend.jpg

I bought these books from other dealers:

otherdealertables.jpg

Here are the dollar books:

dollarbooks.jpg

I also picked up a hardcover book:

necrosha.jpg

Of course the real fun at this show is with the no reserve auctions:

This lot includes some early TOS, TTA, Hulk, and Thor books:

marvelauctionlot.jpg

The next lot included five early Daredevil books:

ddauctionlot.jpg

The big lot included 40 books so I had to break it up into two pictures:

bigauctionlot1of2.jpg

bigauctionlot2of2.jpg

I won an odd lot that includes OSPG 5:

ospgauctionlot.jpg

The final lot included two trade paperbacks:

gnauctionlot.jpg

The show went on until 4PM but it only took me until 2:30 to empty my wallet.