• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,805 posts in this topic

Sweet!

I picked up a few things. Not pictured are about 26 Archie digest which are books I hoard throughout the year because they always sell super-well for me at the outdoor show I do in late July. This year, I think I'll have a few hundred on hand and that should last me for the length of the 3 day show.

I also found a few of the Jakks TV games. Super Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and a Fantastic Four with the Things head on one corner and the 4 on the joystick. Also picked up a hood ornament of a soldier that looked too cool an oddity to leave behind so I picked that up as well.

An OPC Gretzky rookie card (real-deal) and the one piece I'm stoked about is the Miniature Voltron III. I've done some pre-lim research on this but just wondering if anyone here collects this sort of stuff. I have not seen a MIB example like this one before (instruction sheet, styrofoam, and window are all there, and still tape on one end). A bit of wear on the box, but this is clearly a never removed from box (NRFB) example.

I've seen very few examples offered online and they are usually at such a wide-range of prices, but I have never seen a Canadian example (french/english description on the box). This also has French and English stickers explaining what is included which might make it a transition piece, but I've never seen a Canadian example before so until I have one to compare, I'm not sure about the transition aspect. 43 Hanna Street, Toronto, which is the maker location for many of the great Kenner Canada GDE/SW toys:

2012-05-05103745.jpg

2012-05-05103823.jpg

Haha. This is what I love about collectibles. You see cards, I see toys.

Here's a smattering of the Die Cast cars I got with that He-Man collection. Late 70's and early 80's. Hots Wheels on the Left and Matchbox on the right with the A-Team in the middle. I was never big on cars as a kid but I buy them up when I can because they just fly off the shelves. I never really gave Matchbox a thought until I bought up this collection. Many of the examples found had hoods and doors that opened and they seemed to like to make construction and industrial type vehicles. I couldn't believe the two trucks pictured still had the two motorcycles in the back and I just love the camper and horse trailer. I liked these so much that I might consider collecting these.DSC00583.jpg

Edited by Jaded Savage

A great opportunity arose earlier today so I jumped on it. I picked up Our Fighting Forces #1,2,3 and 4 today and finalized a deal for the rest of the books at a local flea market. I pick the rest of the books up tomorrow. They are:

G.I. Combat #74, 76, 77, 79, 80, 83, 86, 87 (2 copies), 88 (mostly greytone issues)

Green Lantern #1

Our Army at War #52, 65

Sea Devils #4

Showcase #16, 17, 23, 27, 28, 29

The seller had most of the books graded in the 6.0-7.0 range but I think he was a little high on his grading. These are still all very nice mid-grade copies that are complete with nice white to off-white pages. He had the Showcase #23, 27 and 29 graded at VF (8.0) and they actually might be close to that. The seller assured me that none of the books had been restored in any way. I went through most of the books myself and verified that they were complete with no missing pages or cutouts and that everything was completely attached. (thumbs u

I'll be starting a sales thread in Gold/Silver/Bronze for all of the books later tonight. Send me a PM if you have interest in any particular book or books. :)

:whee::whee::whee:

Put together this box of mostly Transformers today at a garage sale. Some have missing or broken pieces but for a quarter each I wasn't inspecting anything too close. I was basically just grabbing from miscellaneous boxes and making a full one for stuff I wanted. I am way too old and way to uneducated to even begin how to transform them or try to pretend I know who 99% of them are. Thankfully, there are ID sites for pretty much all toy lines now so it may be time consuming, but I'll find out all their names.

100_3681.jpg

Edited by TAFKADixie

I also picked up these 1971-1972 Mego Spider-Man and Superman figures today. Anybody know what these are worth? Both say MCMLXXI (1971) on their backs but the Spidey says "Marvel 1972" on the back of his neck.

MegoSpider-Man1.jpg

MegoSpider-Man2.jpg

MegoSpider-Man3.jpg

MegoSuperman1jpg.jpg

MegoSuperman2.jpg

MegoSuperman3.jpg

I picked up some Megos recently. Mostly the new re-released versions, but a few vintage in there. He only had DC, so no Spidey for me. Nice find!

Has anyone been to the Portland, OR antique and collectibles 2 day 1,300 table show in July each year? They bill it as the largest in the USA. Vendor is not allowed to sell anything produced after 1970 according to their website so no bulk overstock 1975 comics but also no 1977 Star Wars toys. Looking for all vintage paper collectibles there. :wishluck:

Has anyone been to the Portland, OR antique and collectibles 2 day 1,300 table show in July each year? They bill it as the largest in the USA. Vendor is not allowed to sell anything produced after 1970 according to their website so no bulk overstock 1975 comics but also no 1977 Star Wars toys. Looking for all vintage paper collectibles there. :wishluck:

I like this idea personally, Vintage should not include a lot of the 80's mass produced 'junk' that some are still 'speculating' on. That being said, I am split on it as well. I wanted to get together with a few well respected dealers I know and start a vintage toy and collectibles show in my area; as collecting is huge here. That being said, I have been considering 1979 and earlier for the 'cut-off.'

Still, I make a lot of money on some of the later stuff, as do some other dealers. The issue is Star Wars. Where do you draw the line? 12 backs? 20/21 backs? Nothing is 'cut and dry' and we are still in debate over this.

Respectfully,

'mint'

I don't see how you can cut off before 1987. That includes the final waves of Star Wars, Super Powers, Thundercats, He-Man, MASK, GI Joe, and tons of other 80's lines that are what drives the action figure hobby these days.

Peace,

Chip

Those shows are full of themselves. The dealers NEVER stick to any of the thresholds, and if they do bring stuff to please the organizers, 20-30% of their junk might meet the "vintage"guideline, and the other 70-80% is contemporary/reproduction/modern junk.

As far as toys are concerned, no toy collector would even bother showing up to such a show as more in-demand toy lines were made between the late 70's to the late 80's.

Actually I have been to several vintage toy and collectibles shows that set the cut off at 1979. Keep in mind guys that this is NOT a strict toy show. These kind of venues are actually like a mini antique and collectible show in one that focuses on vintage items. Vintage lunch boxes, comic books, board games, earlier action figures, and vintage coin op items take center stage. These shows are actually very popular and attract the people who are looking for a rare Mego action figure or a vintage slot machine. This is the kind of show that gets heavy promotion as well because it skirts the thin line between 'collectible and antique.'

As for video games, I would not be able to sell video games at this show. This is unfortunate, should I decide to go this route (assuming this idea is chosen), but I have to also cater to the other dealers as well. It is true that I make a ton of money in video games and rightfully so, as that is my first 'love.' That being said, I also realize that most other collecting categories are much more popular (note I said collecting).

For instance, I do collect and believe in vintage Star Wars action figures as a 'great' collectible. One however must understand that some experts consider the true definition of a collectible as an item made before 1980. This is one of those 'controversial topics' (much like the definition of an antique) that a lot of us in the business argue about. Sad to say.

Respectfully,

'mint'

Edited by mintcollector

Personally, I don't understand the 1980 cutoff date. That stigma had been associated with toys/action figures since the early to mid 90's, nearly 20 years ago. You think as time marches on, the cutoff date would expand. lol

BTW, I got a guy trying to sell me a N64, mint in box with the Kong rumble/expansion pack and 30 games all with box and instructions. The only game that sticks out to me in the bunch is a Gold edition Legend of Zelda. Wants $100 for the lot. IS that good. I know, check eBay but does anybody have an opinion?

As long as those aren't sports games, you should be fine. Try to get the price at $75. If not, as long as all the classic Nintendo franchise games are there, it is a steal!

'mint'

PS if you don't want it, I'll buy it!

Edited by mintcollector