Page 1 of 357 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3347247 - 07/31/09 05:40 PM Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK
Whenever I'm out searching for comics, I find that the methods that stir the most anticipation inside of me are whenever I go to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets or antique malls. You just never know what you're going to come across at one of these or at what price. I find comics other ways (eBay, the boards, online auctions, etc.) but my anticipation always seems to be higher with the old manual foot search methods.

So post all of your great garage sale/estate sale/flea market/antique mall finds here. Doesn't have to be a comic either. It could be magazines, toys, posters or anything else you deem appropriate but try to keep it comic related if possible.

One of the best finds I ever had was in Wisconsin on my way to a programming class in Minnesota a few years ago. About half-way there I stopped at an antique mall which was 3 levels high. Looked and looked and found nothing on the first 2 levels. Got to the 3rd level, made a left turn and looked down on the floor to my left. I just about had a heart attack. There sitting on the floor was an Exciting Comics #49 and an Adventure Comics #62. \:o And what was the price on them? How about a nice low 10 bucks each? Needless to say, I snatched them up as faster than the Flash. I ended up selling both of them but made a nice healthy profit on each.

I'll start it out with some comics and a lunch box. Picked up the first comic at a garage sale and the rest from a local antique mall. The lunch box came from another garage sale and I paid a whopping 50 cents for it.

#3347255 - 07/31/09 05:43 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Shark]
seanfingh Offline

You earn it. It's like MMA for nerds.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Iron Throne

It's funny, Shark. Everytime I go to a flea market or an antique mall, everything they have is jacked up beyond belief in price.

#3347315 - 07/31/09 06:02 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Shark]
ArAich Offline

... ;)

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Freakin' America !
Bought this 20 years ago for $5 ... ;\)

#3347344 - 07/31/09 06:09 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: ArAich]
Scrooge Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Midwest
Under $10 at 1/2 Price Book this past April - Not crazy but pleasant

#3347349 - 07/31/09 06:12 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Scrooge]
Scrooge Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Midwest
Paid a whole $1 at a LCS in October 2008 - Sold for close to $70 (?) on eBay

#3347367 - 07/31/09 06:22 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Shark]
s-man Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: RedSox/Celtics Country

I had this pail when I was a lad!

#3347512 - 07/31/09 07:30 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Shark]
sakaridis Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Athens, Greece
 Originally Posted By: shark2557
Whenever I'm out searching for comics, I find that the methods that stir the most anticipation inside of me are whenever I go to garage sales, estate sales, flea markets or antique malls. You just never know what you're going to come across at one of these or at what price. I find comics other ways (eBay, the boards, online auctions, etc.) but my anticipation always seems to be higher with the old manual foot search methods.

So post all of your great garage sale/estate sale/flea market/antique mall finds here. Doesn't have to be a comic either. It could be magazines, toys, posters or anything else you deem appropriate but try to keep it comic related if possible.

One of the best finds I ever had was in Wisconsin on my way to a programming class in Minnesota a few years ago. About half-way there I stopped at an antique mall which was 3 levels high. Looked and looked and found nothing on the first 2 levels. Got to the 3rd level, made a left turn and looked down on the floor to my left. I just about had a heart attack. There sitting on the floor was an Exciting Comics #49 and an Adventure Comics #62. \:o And what was the price on them? How about a nice low 10 bucks each? Needless to say, I snatched them up as faster than the Flash. I ended up selling both of them but made a nice healthy profit on each.

I'll start it out with some comics and a lunch box. Picked up the first comic at a garage sale and the rest from a local antique mall. The lunch box came from another garage sale and I paid a whopping 50 cents for it.

Cool stuff!
That Judge Dredd #1 is sharp! \:o

#3347517 - 07/31/09 07:34 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: s-man]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: xsmanx

I had this pail when I was a lad!

The thermos wasn't with it but I still couldn't pass it up for a lousy 50 cents.
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4294915

#3347525 - 07/31/09 07:39 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: sakaridis]
Shark Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: sakaridis
 Originally Posted By: shark2557

Cool stuff!
That Judge Dredd #1 is sharp! \:o

Thanks. Both the Judge Dredd and the Usagi Yojimbo are both 9.6/9.8's (I think). I realized after posting that the little spot at the bottom of both comics is on the scanner bed and not on the comics.
"Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy. the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period."

Shark's Feedback Thread:
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4294915

#3347729 - 07/31/09 09:43 PM Re: Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here [Re: Shark]
sakaridis Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Athens, Greece
Yeah, I saw it too on the JD #1, but after seeing the exact same thing on the Usagi, I figured it was a spot on the scanner bed. \(thumbs u

Page 1 of 357 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Budget Kitchens London
by rakpenak
10/30/14 10:57 PM
WTB: Junk Silver
by ChasingKingKirby
10/30/14 10:54 AM
New @ kittlecoins.com - Type Coins; Lovett Tokens; Copper Wilson Dollar; Commems
by illini420
10/29/14 10:08 PM
PROOF 70 COINS FOR SALE
by wmfielding
10/28/14 09:58 AM
Comics Marketplace
Some Spidey's
by gojira
Today at 05:04 AM
GA Action Comics Mega Thread
by quadman78
Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Thrilling Adventures in Stamps #8 Overstreet "Very Rare"
by Dr. Love
Yesterday at 09:04 PM
Guardians of the Galaxy, Bettie Page, The Walking Dead, prints, & more on Ebay
by FAKadar
Yesterday at 07:13 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles