• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,806 posts in this topic

The owner of the shop was working the deal. Believe me, if I was there alone it would've been mine. The FP stuff I remember seeing was a complete farm and many little people along with the old stand byes; the van complete with family and dog, telephone and puppy on a string (plastic wire). All in great condition. I think she got the FP and tonka stuff for $50. I got the MOTU for $40 and The hot wheels, about 50 cars, jammed in 2 Dukes of Hazzard carrying cases, for $25. Included in that was a vintage A-team van. Yippee.

Edited by Jaded Savage

Story behind this purchase. Guy calls me about 3 years ago from Philly - about 2-3 hours one way. Says he has a bunch of 1970s and 1980s comics, not in the best of shape but he has all the titles. So I ask him about Hulk 181, Xmen 94, GS Xmen 1 and Spiderman 129. He doesn't have any of these but he used to and that someone must have grabbed them from him.

OK, great this must be a picked through collection and it's a long drive so I basically blow it off. And he's probably going to ask $1 a book which is about what I'd sell them for so I'll pass.

Well I get another call from Philly about a collection and this one I go to, so as I kept the phone number of the first guy I called him and sure enough he still had them and "I'd really like to just get rid of them all". Well OK.

So he has them in his attic (with air conditioning) and sure enough they are read books but he did find the Hulk 180 and 181, the Xmen are 95 on up and Spiderman is 150 on up, plus every other popular Marvel title about 2000 books. He knows the Hulk 181 is worth good money. I ask how much he wants for everything and he says "just make me an offer, I don't know, 5 or 10 cents a book."

OK - how about $500 for everything.

That include the Hulk 181?

Yeah.

Make it $600.

Ummmmm, OK.

So there you have it, a 6 hour round trip and here they are. The other deal was a wash.

1970s goodness.

PicsOO1137.jpg

PicsOO1179.jpg

PicsOO1196.jpg

PicsOO1208.jpg

Here's the rest of them.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5643776&fpart=1

Edited by ft88

MOTU.jpg

I work at an Antique Shop and this lady came in with boxes upon boxes of toys. 70's Tonka, Fisher Price, and Hot wheels. For the 80's MOTU. She said it was all her son's but man, these pieces were in great condition. I was able to get the MOTU lot. The Castle Greyskull has the best paint I've seen on a loose sample and it's pretty complete. Missing the flag and the cardboard cut outs. The vehicles and cat are complete and the figure case contains 8 all complete (including the mini comic) figures. All in all, about 20 figures in the group.

ALso picked up a vintage lot of SW figures(30) with the Rebel Transport and the AT-ST. All loose.

This stuff is 100% my jam.

What MOTU figures were included?

Pat

I was selling comics at my garage sale last year and the old guy said, "You read the old stuff ?", I said what do you have?

Comes back with a handful of EC's including Crime Suspenstories 22. Told me $80 for all of them. Needless to say I quickly gave him the money.

That of course is nothing compared to the insane Golden Age good luck find that has happened over the last few weeks and days. :insane:

But its still fun.

I'm becoming a firm believer in Karma these days. :angel:

lol you would have loved the lot I sold on Ebay Pat..I was at the DAV thrift shop one day ..I found a MIB Castle Greyskull ,Crystal castle and Snake Mountain all with the little accessories still bagged up and everything for $8 for Crystal castle,$10 for Snake Mountain and $10 for castle greyskull.

I was so excited I nearly broke out in a dance..

They had bags of lose figures with accessories..I flipped the MIB sets in no time on Ebay and ended up having to ship them all to England. I had held out on the figures because a celebrity friend of mine wanted them and I would have just given them to her (because I loooovvve her) but before I could talk to her about it the house burned down :(

But at least I sold the playsets first!

Gah! Vintage FP and you let it get away??? :)

That stuff is GOLD, man. I wish I had the cash to start a collection of that.

Peace,

Chip

You mean FP little people sets?

I have a ton of them my son wants me to sell..lots of people furniture and buildings..are they worth anything? taking up a good 8th of my basement..

lol you would have loved the lot I sold on Ebay Pat..I was at the DAV thrift shop one day ..I found a MIB Castle Greyskull ,Crystal castle and Snake Mountain all with the little accessories still bagged up and everything for $8 for Crystal castle,$10 for Snake Mountain and $10 for castle greyskull.

I was so excited I nearly broke out in a dance..

They had bags of lose figures with accessories..I flipped the MIB sets in no time on Ebay and ended up having to ship them all to England. I had held out on the figures because a celebrity friend of mine wanted them and I would have just given them to her (because I loooovvve her) but before I could talk to her about it the house burned down :(

But at least I sold the playsets first!

Wow, this e-mail is crazy.

I want those MIBs. You got a deal of a lifetime.

Can you share the celebrity friend's name?

Your house burned down?

Pat

Saw these in a local Craigslist ad for a garage sale today and tomorrow. They're asking $4 each or 3 for $10. Assuming they are still there, should I go grab some and which ones should I get? I know nothing about these Star Wars figures but I knew someone on here would know about them.

StarWarsFigures.jpg

I would grab them for as low as possible, dust them off and clean them up to look as presentable or in as new condition as possible, and donate them to your local children's hospital. They unfortunately don't hold much if any collectible value.

I would grab them for as low as possible, dust them off and clean them up to look as presentable or in as new condition as possible, and donate them to your local children's hospital. They unfortunately don't hold much if any collectible value.

Thanks for the info. (thumbs u

Saw these in a local Craigslist ad for a garage sale today and tomorrow. They're asking $4 each or 3 for $10. Assuming they are still there, should I go grab some and which ones should I get? I know nothing about these Star Wars figures but I knew someone on here would know about them.

StarWarsFigures.jpg

These are very common and can be easily found in the $3 to $5 a piece range. There may be a more valuable variant or less common one mixed in there though...

One of my biggest regrets as a kid is that I didn't have enough cars.

If I didn't have so many comics I would love to set up a track in my spare room and get something like this.

Great find, I am very jealous. :cloud9:

Gah! Vintage FP and you let it get away??? :)

That stuff is GOLD, man. I wish I had the cash to start a collection of that.

Peace,

Chip

You mean FP little people sets?

I have a ton of them my son wants me to sell..lots of people furniture and buildings..are they worth anything? taking up a good 8th of my basement..

Depends on condition and completeness, but yeah...there's a big following. Weebles, as well. Weebles rock.

Peace,

Chip

StarWarsFigures.jpg

Thsee are so mass produced, I know a dealer who wholesales them for $1 each. If you want to buy some let me know. If he is at the local flea market this weekend, I'll get his info for you.

This is one of those speculation items that everyone had to have, thinking they would be able to retire on...

Personally, I think $1 is too much...

19 minty fresh cars and track in box, a massive OO collection found hours ago. :acclaim:Picture149.jpgPicture150.jpg

I am insanely jealous. I collect these and they are getting very hard to find. PM me of you maybe want to trade for some comics.

This stuff is 100% my jam.

What MOTU figures were included?

Pat

heman.jpg

Here's what's in the case (I have the comics put away) and the others in my Flea Market booth: Stinkor, Stonedar, Beast Man, Triklops, Grizzlor (?), Ram Man, Stratos, Man at Arms, Merman, Prince Adam,and TWo Bad. There's a few I can't remember though.