• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
37 37

12,725 posts in this topic

I just got these in the mail today from the artist Tradd Moore...both are from issue 3 of Luther Strode

Great pages! That was a fantastic series.

Guest Grails
I won't have it in hand for a couple of weeks, but here be my latest watercolour addition:

the_joker.jpg

Very cool, who's the artist?

I won't have it in hand for a couple of weeks, but here be my latest watercolour addition:

Very cool, who's the artist?

Scott Rockwell - I have dozens of his paintings. Very gifted, he is!

From Calgary this weekend; George Perez Superman

GeorgePerezSuperman9x12CCEE2012.jpg

Is this one of his $25 sketches? I got an Adam Strange a little while ago, and this is far superior. Congrats!!

It was $30 here in Canada, but the same yes. 9x12, as well. Great value.

The Superman is his most requested sketch, or so he said, along with Batman and Captain America.

I saw him do a Batman and Wonder Womabn while I waited. While the WW was very good, the Supes and Batman came out much better, I am assuming from the fact he draws so many more.

It was very cool to watch him do the "S" symbol freehand with a marker, no pencil on the interior part.

Edited by wolf_2099

From Calgary this weekend; George Perez Superman

Is this one of his $25 sketches? I got an Adam Strange a little while ago, and this is far superior. Congrats!!

It was $30 here in Canada, but the same yes. 9x12, as well. Great value.

The Superman is his most requested sketch, or so he said, along with Batman and Captain America.

I saw him do a Batman and Wonder Womabn while I waited. While the WW was very good, the Supes and Batman came out much better, I am assuming from the fact he draws so many more.

It was very cool to watch him do the "S" symbol freehand with a marker, no pencil on the interior part.

So cool! I was wondering about the . I shouldn't have asked for Adam Strange. I love the character, but for such a quickie sketch, I should have gone with someone he's more familiar with.

Guest Grails

I'm thrilled to add this to my small collection. I've been looking for a femme fatale from either Frank Miller or Steranko for a while.

NSFW

Joe Rubinstein inked and finished over a blueline print of a Frank Miller convention sketch circa 1982. I chose Rubinstein because he worked on Miller during that era with Wolverine.

You can see art, additional images, original pencil and work-in-progress pictures - and leave comments - here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=890570&GSub=122145

If you just want to see the finished art, here it is:

CAF-04-Batman-Frank-Miller-1982-Rubinstein-Complete.jpg

And here is my humble attempt at digitally coloring the piece:

CAF-05-Batman-Frank-Miller-1982-Rubinstein-Colored.jpg

I went to TCAF this weekend and bought two pages from Matt Kindt's Sweet Tooth Run. I'm having troubles taking pictures of them so here are two commissions I got this weekend.

This was a piece Matt Kindt worked on with Bri Hurtt. Bri Hurtt created the Sixth Gun or something? I don't know - but this Punisher piece is so cool!

IMG1_0047.jpg

This is a Emi Lenox commission I got. She does the web diary Emi's Town and is amazing. I'm glad I read she had a boyfriend before I went to the show because I probably would have made an out of myself. I asked her for a Sweet Tooth / Punisher Commission and I'm really happy with how it turned out!

may6_0001.jpg