• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

That includes items sent without delivery confirmation, media mail, international sales, or otherwise where there is no tracking information to be sent.

Delivery Confirmation is available with Media Mail.

Not that I trust it to work, but Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation are available on Priority Mail International.

Also keep in mind that I never outed the seller and my questions were process related.
If you had taken more care in hiding the seller's ID then I wouldn't have posted what I did - it took 10 seconds to find your :takeit: post in the thread, how do you think I knew to advise you the international transit time, how did I know Sufunk bought in the same thread?

I'll clarify my points:

- General discussions about customer service expectations are fine even when they exceed community standards.

- General discussions about what is or is not an "acceptable life changing" event to warrant delay of books is also fine.

HOWEVER once you discuss either one where it can be related back to a specific board member then I don't think it's fair in the former or wise in the latter since you never know what the circumstances might be. I'd suggest a better effort in hiding someone's identity if you want to just ask questions or engage in general discussions.

I'm glad you got some follow up communication from the seller (10-14 business days like I said) and if you truly felt you didn't "out" the seller here then I apologize for adding the STFU graemlin thing.

It never occurred to me that someone would go and dig the information out of the posting history. I certainly never intended to out the seller, you figured that out all on your own. But now that you've brought posting history, I've reviewed your posting history as well and IMHO I wonder what makes you qualified to define/enforce buyer/seller interaction rules (other then hanging out on the board and talking alot). I don't see that you sell books, it looks like mostly you buy $5-$30 books. So unless you're doing a lot of PM purchasing, from what I can see your largest purchase is around $160 dollars.

:eyeroll:

And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that and I'm not a big book buyer either, I'm sure my $400 to $1500 dollar transactions cause some of the folks on here to roll their eyes as well but IMHO if you're going to call someone who's spending thousands of dollars on the board an idi0t and tell them to STFU because they have some concerns about a first time transaction with a given seller, at the very least make sure you're in the same situation.

2c

*ahem* - Correction, I have bought $1.50 books here. :acclaim:

And I was quite happy with them. :)

if you're going to call someone who's spending thousands of dollars on the board an idi0t and tell them to STFU because they have some concerns about a first time transaction with a given seller, at the very least make sure you're in the same situation.

Please keep me posted on how this works out for you.

Indubitably.

That includes items sent without delivery confirmation, media mail, international sales, or otherwise where there is no tracking information to be sent.

Delivery Confirmation is available with Media Mail.

Not that I trust it to work, but Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation are available on Priority Mail International.

I am aware of that (and you are right sometimes the effectiveness is pretty spotty), but sometimes this option is not exercised by the buyer for smaller orders :foryou:

Edited by Snake Eyes

Also keep in mind that I never outed the seller and my questions were process related.
If you had taken more care in hiding the seller's ID then I wouldn't have posted what I did - it took 10 seconds to find your :takeit: post in the thread, how do you think I knew to advise you the international transit time, how did I know Sufunk bought in the same thread?

I'll clarify my points:

- General discussions about customer service expectations are fine even when they exceed community standards.

- General discussions about what is or is not an "acceptable life changing" event to warrant delay of books is also fine.

HOWEVER once you discuss either one where it can be related back to a specific board member then I don't think it's fair in the former or wise in the latter since you never know what the circumstances might be. I'd suggest a better effort in hiding someone's identity if you want to just ask questions or engage in general discussions.

I'm glad you got some follow up communication from the seller (10-14 business days like I said) and if you truly felt you didn't "out" the seller here then I apologize for adding the STFU graemlin thing.

It never occurred to me that someone would go and dig the information out of the posting history. I certainly never intended to out the seller, you figured that out all on your own. But now that you've brought posting history, I've reviewed your posting history as well and IMHO I wonder what makes you qualified to define/enforce buyer/seller interaction rules (other then hanging out on the board and talking alot). I don't see that you sell books, it looks like mostly you buy $5-$30 books. So unless you're doing a lot of PM purchasing, from what I can see your largest purchase is around $160 dollars.

:eyeroll:

And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that and I'm not a big book buyer either, I'm sure my $400 to $1500 dollar transactions cause some of the folks on here to roll their eyes as well but IMHO if you're going to call someone who's spending thousands of dollars on the board an idi0t and tell them to STFU because they have some concerns about a first time transaction with a given seller, at the very least make sure you're in the same situation.

2c

*ahem* - Correction, I have bought $1.50 books here. :acclaim:

And I was quite happy with them. :)

that drek was mine!!! Yay variant madness (thinking a come back of that once I get settled in to the new job) :ohnoez:

Just to clarify I think Walls might have reference a sale he made with me. Books are in the mail but I take full accountability for not getting it out sooner and I have apologize to him for not being able to communicate this earlier. It was a slab and a raw copy of the same book but it took me almost a week to find the raw copy. Then I just hit a super busy spell at work, etc but that's not his problem.

Walls is fairly new here so I think him asking general questions in this thread is perfectly fine and the right thing to do. I've been here for years and have done a lot of deals with people so I have the luxury of knowing the general landscape whereas a new guy has to rely on what he sees and hears. Besides I'm sure we all agree that the HOS and this thread is much bigger than it should be. Carry on folks. (thumbs u

Just to clarify I think Walls might have reference a sale he made with me. Books are in the mail but I take full accountability for not getting it out sooner and I have apologize to him for not being able to communicate this earlier. It was a slab and a raw copy of the same book but it took me almost a week to find the raw copy. Then I just hit a super busy spell at work, etc but that's not his problem.

Walls is fairly new here so I think him asking general questions in this thread is perfectly fine and the right thing to do. I've been here for years and have done a lot of deals with people so I have the luxury of knowing the general landscape whereas a new guy has to rely on what he sees and hears. Besides I'm sure we all agree that the HOS and this thread is much bigger than it should be. Carry on folks. (thumbs u

I guess I'm small fish, but if it took almost a week to find one of my comic books, I'd re-evaluate the location of my collection.

Dan

As I told walls in pm, he had absolutely NOTHING to worry about with Peter ( silver surfer) because he's as stand up a guy as you will ever meet. Owning up and apologizing here when he wasn't even named should just proves how stand up he is even more for any of you that don't know him and know that already (thumbs u Most people would have not just said a word and left it at walls saying it was resolved. Outing himself and apologizing publicly is more than the most people I know on here would do.

You won't find anyone on here as willing to go out of his way to help someone. I've bought from him many times and have never had a problem. This little snafu with walls aside, I would never hesitate to buy from him Or recommend him to someone looking to buy. Anyone who's been here awhile already knows this.

Oh and as far as the taking a week to find the book, if you saw surfers collection dano, you'd be surprised it didn't take him a month to find it! He has more insane Pedigrees than 95% of us have books. Just looking thru those would take a good 2-3 weeks (worship)

Edited by sufunk

Ha! Excellent! I had a feeling he was a much bigger fish! I think you are right in recognizing him for coming forward and making things right. A solid move!

Dan

As I told walls in pm, he had absolutely NOTHING to worry about with Peter ( silver surfer) because he's as stand up a guy as you will ever meet. Owning up and apologizing here when he wasn't even named should just proves how stand up he is even more for any of you that don't know him and know that already (thumbs u Most people would have not just said a word and left it at walls saying it was resolved. Outing himself and apologizing publicly is more than the most people I know on here would do.

You won't find anyone on here as willing to go out of his way to help someone. I've bought from him many times and have never had a problem. This little snafu with walls aside, I would never hesitate to buy from him Or recommend him to someone looking to buy. Anyone who's been here awhile already knows this.

Oh and as far as the taking a week to find the book, if you saw surfers collection dano, you'd be surprised it didn't take him a month to find it! He has more insane Pedigrees than 95% of us have books. Just looking thru those would take a good 2-3 weeks (worship)

+1 to the whole post. Peter is one of the best, most patient and decent sellers on these boards.

+1 to the whole post. Peter is one of the best, most patient and decent sellers on these boards.

Why did you change your user id?

Was sick of Doiby Dickles. I must have been drunk when I made up that screen name!

Was sick of Doiby Dickles. I must have been drunk when I made up that screen name!

lol (thumbs u

I'd like to add Joey21 to the Probation List. Notification has been sent.

On March 23rd, I paid for 2 comics. When I returned from vacation in April and had not received them, I contacted him. I received no reply. In the 2nd week of April, I started a claim with Paypal. On April 16th, he told me he was out of the country and would send my books. I re-sent my address and waited. Still didn't receive anything. Fully submitted my Paypal claim. I have not heard from him since and still no books.

Pat

On March 23rd, I paid for 2 comics. When I returned from vacation in April and had not received them, I contacted him. I received no reply. In the 2nd week of April, I started a claim with Paypal. On April 16th, he told me he was out of the country and would send my books. I re-sent my address and waited. Still didn't receive anything. Fully submitted my Paypal claim. I have not heard from him since and still no books.

Pat

No one has any interest?

Am I doing this correctly?

Since you asked, who are you? No one knows who you are and you're starting a sales thread at <25 posts.

hm

Prescient.

Pat

It would seem that if he doesn't reply here within 72 hours, he should be added to the list.

ASM252 9.8 Twin Cities came in to day and it is fantastic. Again, part of the problem may have been me, I certainly suffer from buyer apprehension....

However, I reserve the right to "chirp" up, especially when I need a hug or some hand holding on a transaction.

:cool:

I would like to add qualitycomix to the list. He had a huge sale that basically ended on 4/11/12. No money has been exchanged, but I thought it was poor form as I probably put the sign guy on $70 worth of books and he vanished. He came on a week later and purchased something and then disappeared completely.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=5592745&Searchpage=1&Main=254509&Words=+qualitycomix&topic=0&Search=true#Post5592745