• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,936 posts in this topic

I was so excited when Neal Adams was announced as a guest for C2E2. I, like so many others, am a huge fan of his work. I've been going to shows for autographs and such pretty much since I started collecting comics but in all that time (roughly 27 years) I never had the opportunity to meet Neal Adams in person. The week before the show I joined the ranks of the unemployed which was a real downer because I wanted so badly to get a sketch cover from him. I resigned myself to settling for having him sign one or two books for me and that would be good enough. My fiancee, who is the best (you'll see why) made the decision that no matter what, job or no job, I was going to have my Adams sketch cover. She was determined that she was not going to let the experience be a disappointment for me. It ended up with these as the result.

I very much wanted Ra's Al Ghul because he's one of my favorite characters and you don't see Adams pieces with him very often.

DarkAvengers1Adams.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for Krypto and I don't think I've seen another blank that anyone has had done with him.

MidOhioConAdams.jpg

Did I mention my fiancee is the best? :banana:

I was so excited when Neal Adams was announced as a guest for C2E2. I, like so many others, am a huge fan of his work. I've been going to shows for autographs and such pretty much since I started collecting comics but in all that time (roughly 27 years) I never had the opportunity to meet Neal Adams in person. The week before the show I joined the ranks of the unemployed which was a real downer because I wanted so badly to get a sketch cover from him. I resigned myself to settling for having him sign one or two books for me and that would be good enough. My fiancee, who is the best (you'll see why) made the decision that no matter what, job or no job, I was going to have my Adams sketch cover. She was determined that she was not going to let the experience be a disappointment for me. It ended up with these as the result.

I very much wanted Ra's Al Ghul because he's one of my favorite characters and you don't see Adams pieces with him very often.

DarkAvengers1Adams.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for Krypto and I don't think I've seen another blank that anyone has had done with him.

MidOhioConAdams.jpg

Very nice She is a keeper for sure (thumbs u

DarkAvengers1Adams.jpg

MidOhioConAdams.jpg

Very nice She is a keeper for sure (thumbs u

Wow very nice.Neal Adams charges alot for sketches,it must have cost you a pretty penny.

Called for some grades today and really pleased with the results. I only asked about 3 out of the 60, but I like to be surprised when the box gets here. These are from another OO collection I found recently...

ASM 2: 8.5 white

ASM 10: 9.2 white

Daredevil 1: 8.0 white

Called for some grades today and really pleased with the results. I only asked about 3 out of the 60, but I like to be surprised when the box gets here. These are from another OO collection I found recently...

ASM 2: 8.5 white

ASM 10: 9.2 white

Daredevil 1: 8.0 white

Outstanding! :applause: