Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#5650431 - 05/03/12 08:12 PM Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch?
Westy Steve Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Too violent? When I was a kid, I watched "Cowboy and Indian Movies" and Tom & Jerry Cartoons. Is this "detached" violence, or gritty bloody stuff?
#5650644 - 05/03/12 09:31 PM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: Westy Steve]
Flash105 Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Central City, Police Station
Depends if he is your first child no way. If he is your sixth child he should be watching rate R movies by now.

#5651323 - 05/04/12 04:13 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: Flash105]
KingOfRulers Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Luctor et emergo
It's definitely not very bloody. The most blood that you see is the traditional Harrison Ford lip or forehead bleeder.

It's amazing that these guys are getting plumbed and thrown through buildings but remain in near pristine condition. Even their hair remains neatly feathered. The biggest injury is probably Thor having to run his cape through the wash because it got a bit of debris on it.

#5651368 - 05/04/12 05:59 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: KingOfRulers]
DeliBebek Offline
Chatzilla

I think the worst language in it was Fury saying "stupidass."
#5651487 - 05/04/12 08:00 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: Flash105]
AtlasFan Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: Flash105
Depends if he is your first child no way. If he is your sixth child he should be watching rate R movies by now.

Ha ha! So true.

#5651772 - 05/04/12 10:17 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: Westy Steve]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.
 Originally Posted By: Weekend Comics
Too violent? When I was a kid, I watched "Cowboy and Indian Movies" and Tom & Jerry Cartoons. Is this "detached" violence, or gritty bloody stuff?

Personally, I don't think 6 year olds "get" this kind of stuff.

Blood and swearing aside, there is a lot of imagery that might leave an impression on them or give them nightmares (alien army, battle scenes, the hulk - stuff they are not used to processing).

When my kids were younger I tried not to push stuff like that on them until they were older.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#5651782 - 05/04/12 10:21 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: VintageComics]
Dr. Balls Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: UP THE IRONS!
Violent and aggressive - not bloody. Barely any swearing, and nothing that really alludes to sexuality (unless you count the audience talking about Black Widows skin-tight suit when she stands against a lit room).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Need a new logo? Send a PM + Work I've done for Boardies + My CAF page
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

#5651815 - 05/04/12 10:39 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: VintageComics]
paperheart Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: VintageComics

Blood and swearing aside, there is a lot of imagery that might leave an impression on them or give them nightmares (alien army, battle scenes, the hulk - stuff they are not used to processing).

When my kids were younger I tried not to push stuff like that on them until they were older.

i'd get my wife w/ the masters in early child development on here but she'd start a rant like you wouldn't believe. roy's right, they cannot process this stuff and often end up obsessed- which is not a sign that they love it but are terrified by it.

#5651827 - 05/04/12 10:45 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: paperheart]
VintageComics Offline

You don't get one.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: I'm busy interneting.
 Originally Posted By: paperheart
 Originally Posted By: VintageComics

i'd get my wife w/ the masters in early child development on here but she'd start a rant like you wouldn't believe. roy's right, they cannot process this stuff and often end up obsessed- which is not a sign that they love it but are terrified by it.

Yeah, that was the point I was gently trying to make. While there is no blood or swearing, the forms, ideas and concepts are mind blowing (not always in a good way) and out of their ability to place in reality.

Their minds are not developed enough to be able to make sense of this stuff and you start triggering all sorts of stuff that I believe shouldn't be triggered.

I get pretty damn upset when I see adults taking their kids to movies that shouldn't be for kids.

As tough as it was, and I really wanted to expose my kids to everything that I loved, I had to wait for them to mature and grow up before I shared stuff like the Avengers movie with them.

My youngest is now 10 going on 11 this year and she saw the most stuff that she shouldn't have but being the youngest and always tagging along with the oldest it was tough to prevent.

Still, we did our best.

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is." - Winston Churchill.

How to use the search function.

I'm so first, I'm last. - Me

#5651849 - 05/04/12 10:54 AM Re: Is the Avengers movie OK for a 6 year old to watch? [Re: VintageComics]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida
I guess I'm the bad father in here!

When I was a kid, my dad let me watch Conan, Alien, Jaws, all of those movies before I was 10. Depending on who you ask, it didn't screw me up much lol

My son has seen almost all the superhero movies in the last couple years and loved them all \(shrug\)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Budget Kitchens London
by rakpenak
10:57 PM
WTB: Junk Silver
by ChasingKingKirby
10:54 AM
New @ kittlecoins.com - Type Coins; Lovett Tokens; Copper Wilson Dollar; Commems
by illini420
10/29/14 10:08 PM
PROOF 70 COINS FOR SALE
by wmfielding
10/28/14 09:58 AM
Comics Marketplace
25% OFF DTACOLLECTIBLES.COM - HALLOWEEN SALE!
by TopNotch
AUCTION FANTASTIC FOUR #22 ENDS 11/1/2014 @ 9pm
by harvdoss
Golden Age comics for sale
by Chuck Gower
Grummett Art For Sale - pages w/Starfire, Black Widow, Tigra, more
by Viking001
12:42 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum