• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

Hi Mark, good to see you back to ASM. Those new books look great. I hope to some day begin another title or more. :wishluck:

Here's a couple I couldn't resist last month, tough to find issues for me.

:acclaim:

ASM52CGC92White.jpg

ASMAnnual3CGC92White.jpg

You have an undercopy of that Annual #3 you looking to sell? :baiting:

Hi Mark, good to see you back to ASM. Those new books look great. I hope to some day begin another title or more. :wishluck:

Here's a couple I couldn't resist last month, tough to find issues for me.

:acclaim:

ASMAnnual3CGC92White.jpg

So you did pick up a ASM Ann. #3, congrats :applause:

That one presents very nicely. (thumbs u

So the question is; Are you still looking for a 9.4/9.6 copy??? If you are, I wouldn't mind picking up this copy if you sell it. :baiting:

Thanks

I might still want a 9.4/9.6, there's now a 9.4 coming soon in auction, though it's not very square. I sold my other annual 3(9.0) long ago, but I didn't know how rarely others would turn up.

These two look like NM easily, but in slabs it's still hard to know what they have going on to get a 9.2 grade. The annual is super square, like my original #1 was. I hope to keep it. The #52 has a minor top edge crease, most likely from over wrap there. I might just let Joey have them both, but it could be that CGC has really become strict in the last few months. These were both just graded, I was one of the last to call for grader's notes(Tuesday last week).

I don't see how pressing the Annual would help it very much... (shrug)

Looks great the way it is... hm

I believe I once showed an ASM Annual 1 to a well known service provider and he said it is not wise to press an Annual. Something about applying heat to a cover that is glued to the book doesn't always work well. The annual looks great as is = I would leave it alone.

I meant for a second opinion, a second pair of eyes more familiar with seeing defects through the cases. My eyesight has declined again since Lasic surgery in 2003. I'd trust his opinion over mine as to whether it would be worth resubmitting.

I sent three of my old raw annuals in last year to CGC. The #4 and #5 looked very much like this #3, and those came back as 9.6 and 9.4 grades. I sold the #9 as planned, it was a mid grade copy.

asmannual04front94.jpg

asmannual05front94.jpg

Thanks, I never thought of a lot of issues as special, like this one, until I tried to find it centered and in the right grade. I appreciate a lot more what some people go through to make their collection.

ASM 104, 114, and 120 are my latest nemesis books. Help me find those. :gossip:

Just got this one....a long time favorite. It's hard finding these in the right price range for me. FT had a nicer one I really wanted, but we've got 2 young adults who've had to move back home, so I'm going to have to ease up on comics for a bit. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. No longer slabbed :cloud9:

ASM4fs.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

It has a 2 inch band of discoloration on the inside front cover caused by some humidity....but it presentslike a Fine in the mylar....my kind of book :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u