Page 312 of 314 « First<310311312313314>
Topic Options
#5647017 - 05/02/12 05:15 PM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: supapimp]
40sJohn Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Originally Posted By: supapimp

I believe the ship has sailed on that one. I loved LOST like no other show, but I don't think I could pick up where it left off. It would be tough for them to go back and properly insert Dharma/Hanso/Others story to make it fit like we all hoped that it would.

Would I give it a chance? You bet. Since Christopher Nolan did what he did with the Batman franchise and JJ Abrams did what he did with Star Trek, then I will always have hope that this could be pulled off. Doubt it, but it is possible.

#5648250 - 05/03/12 12:01 AM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: 40sJohn]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

If "Lost" comes back then I hope they have a proper budget as well as a proper story. Otherwise we'll be in "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" or "The X Files" territory again. Also, it's hard to imagine being able to reassemble that large cast, so they'd likely have to bring in replacement actors, which would be tough for fans to get past.
#5648821 - 05/03/12 10:31 AM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: Doohickamabob]
BlowUpTheMoon Offline

Don't let these guys jerk you around. To change your custom title, go to My Stuff, then go to Preferences. You can change your custom title there.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Here's a scenario:

The biggest star/mystery of Lost was The Island.

Bring in a fresh plane load of characters. Have Hurley and Ben Linus as The Island protectors.

#5648873 - 05/03/12 10:51 AM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: BlowUpTheMoon]
s-man Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: RedSox/Celtics Country
 Originally Posted By: BlowUpTheMoon
Here's a scenario:

The biggest star/mystery of Lost was The Island.

Bring in a fresh plane load of characters. Have Hurley and Ben Linus as The Island protectors.

\(thumbs u

#5648893 - 05/03/12 11:05 AM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: supapimp]
Kal-El Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Sugar Land, TX

#5648913 - 05/03/12 11:15 AM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: Doohickamabob]
dem1138 Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Originally Posted By: Doohickamabob
Oh man, you got me thinking about "Lost" again. There's a show I don't plan to watch again. It was fun being into it for the first few seasons. I think what bothered me the most was when they explained that Hurley doesn't ever lose weight, in spite of constantly hiking and having access to healthy food, because the Dharma Initiative keeps air-dropping huge CostCo-sized jars of ranch dressing.

they explained that with him hoarding and hiding food. this is my fave thread in the watercooler. thxs, for the link 40sjohn

Yeah, they explained it. Still, I wish they would have given that actor more money and then set him up with a dietician and a personal trainer and had him gradually lose weight on the show. That would have been cool to see, especially since he is one of the most likeable cast members.

I watched "Lost" all the way through and was really disappointed to find out the makers didn't have more of a master plan to the various storylines. They basically lied during their ComicCon appearances when they said everything had a designated endpoint.

I knew Jorge way back when and am still friends with one of his closest friends. The real story is that he actually did get a trainer after the first season and he did lose a lot of weight. However, when you are as big of a guy as Jorge is (and he's tall too), even losing 60 lbs doesn't make you look that much different. In the end, I think he did improve his eating habits but he gave up on the trainer. I think he is very comfortable with who he is and his size.
He's one of the nicest guys in the world and I don't think the fame changed him much at all. And I can say that from seeing how he treated his best friend/ex-roommate once he became famous. He still flew him to Hawaii and treated him the same. He did not "go Hollywood."

#5649129 - 05/03/12 12:27 PM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: dem1138]
ckb Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: dem1138
Oh man, you got me thinking about "Lost" again. There's a show I don't plan to watch again. It was fun being into it for the first few seasons. I think what bothered me the most was when they explained that Hurley doesn't ever lose weight, in spite of constantly hiking and having access to healthy food, because the Dharma Initiative keeps air-dropping huge CostCo-sized jars of ranch dressing.

they explained that with him hoarding and hiding food. this is my fave thread in the watercooler. thxs, for the link 40sjohn

Yeah, they explained it. Still, I wish they would have given that actor more money and then set him up with a dietician and a personal trainer and had him gradually lose weight on the show. That would have been cool to see, especially since he is one of the most likeable cast members.

I watched "Lost" all the way through and was really disappointed to find out the makers didn't have more of a master plan to the various storylines. They basically lied during their ComicCon appearances when they said everything had a designated endpoint.

I knew Jorge way back when and am still friends with one of his closest friends. The real story is that he actually did get a trainer after the first season and he did lose a lot of weight. However, when you are as big of a guy as Jorge is (and he's tall too), even losing 60 lbs doesn't make you look that much different. In the end, I think he did improve his eating habits but he gave up on the trainer. I think he is very comfortable with who he is and his size.
He's one of the nicest guys in the world and I don't think the fame changed him much at all. And I can say that from seeing how he treated his best friend/ex-roommate once he became famous. He still flew him to Hawaii and treated him the same. He did not "go Hollywood."

He is doing great work on Alcatraz, as a comic book guy no less.

Yea, but he's on "the wrong side of right". Someone can be 100% right about something and still be wrong. If I hit a person in a
crosswalk with my car then I am wrong and they are right, but they are on "the wrong side of right".
-OldGuy 11/09/2006

I SUPPORT THE 1%. Without them, the rest of us are screwed.

#5649541 - 05/03/12 02:38 PM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: dem1138]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: dem1138

That's cool and just to be clear, I did not mean to rag on him for his size. Maybe it's a personal issue on my part, but when I like somebody -- who obviously has great charisma and charm -- I want them to be healthy. Anyway I appreciate your comments and insight.

#5649562 - 05/03/12 02:48 PM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: Doohickamabob]
dem1138 Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

I didn't take any of the comments as people ragging on him. For whatever reason, he really resonated as a character to people and from the beginning, people were hoping that he would lose weight.
Jorge was always a shy guy who was conscientious of his weight but I don't think we'll ever see him on Celebrity Biggest Loser or anything like that.
The big joke Jorge would make is that when he used to walk around pre-Lost, mother's would shield their children from him but once he became famous, mothers would push their children towards him.
It's been remarkable to see him become this cult figure and the guy you saw on Lost is not that far from who he really was.
He always had that subtle humor to him that he knew how to play up. My buddy was in film school and did a short film with him and a midget in a cat an mouse caper that he keeps meaning to put on YouTube one of these days.

#5649575 - 05/03/12 02:56 PM Re: LOST ****Warning - Spoilers**** [Re: dem1138]
Doohickamabob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Let me know when that film is on YouTube...

Gotta add to my previous comment that losing 60 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. It's hard enough for most people to lose 15 pounds so, Jorge Garcia losing 4x that much is impressive.

I count myself as a fan. When Profiles in History auctioned all the "Lost" props and wardrobe a couple years ago, I set my sights on one thing: Hurley's passport. It was small compared to everything else being auctioned, and the estimate value was $200-$300. So I figured if I was willing to bid up to $500 or $600, I might be able to win it. I'd get it framed and it would make a cool memento from the show, great conversation piece, etc. Well, the bidding on those "Lost" auctions got crazy, and Hurley's passport very quickly was bid well past what I was willing to bid. I think it ended up selling for $4,500 or thereabouts.

I enjoyed Jorge's cameo on "How I Met Your Mother," which was I think last season or maybe 2 seasons ago. It was something to do with a curse. I often think about Hurley's curse and it being the downside of his Lottery win, especially whenever I read news articles about Lottery winners who end up with all these problems.

Page 312 of 314 « First<310311312313314>

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
2014 Gold Kennedys Early Releases $1480 for 70s
by Slayeron
09:28 AM
Foreign silver for sale Germany/Switzerland/
Cuba/more

by stldanceartist
12:55 AM
1923 Liberty Head Silver Dollar
by krighton
08/25/14 09:19 PM
Great coins for sale all reasonable offers accepted
by wmfielding
08/25/14 03:04 PM
Comics Marketplace
SIMPSONS 1 CGC SS 9.6 Signed & Sketched by Bill Morrison
by LloydJBailey
06:26 AM
Flash Sale for The Fastest Man Alive
by innocuous
01:34 AM
SOME BAKER ROMANCES
by comicnoir
12:40 AM
Amazing Spider-Man - 200 Auctions - From #15-up - Silver & Bronze & Copper
by Chip Cataldo
11:35 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.056 seconds in which 0.046 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.