Page 448 of 560 « First<446447448449450>Last »
Topic Options
#5645387 - 05/02/12 01:22 AM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: tortoise]
sacentaur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Here
Nice Mark - two issues in my sweet spot.

The human race will eventually die of civilization. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Am I a sociopath? Everyone was greedy. - Bernie Madoff

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges - Cicero

#5645389 - 05/02/12 01:29 AM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: sacentaur]
sacentaur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Here are two more technical mid-grade (but still w/bright colors and nearly white interiors) Spideys that got me started. I had previously purchased these from a dealer - Ed Robertson out of Arizona - who had the integrity to see the few flaws (e.g., notice the right side staining on the ASM 19 and the bottom edge center damage on the ASM 17) to grade/price these books fairly.

I've enjoyed them both a bunch.

#5645391 - 05/02/12 01:29 AM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: sacentaur]
sacentaur Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

#5645891 - 05/02/12 10:25 AM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: sacentaur]
trmoore54 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Southern California
 Originally Posted By: sacentaur
Nice Mark - two issues in my sweet spot.

+1 !

#5645893 - 05/02/12 10:26 AM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: sacentaur]
trmoore54 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Here are two more technical mid-grade (but still w/bright colors and nearly white interiors) Spideys that got me started. I had previously purchased these from a dealer - Ed Robertson out of Arizona - who had the integrity to see the few flaws (e.g., notice the right side staining on the ASM 19 and the bottom edge center damage on the ASM 17) to grade/price these books fairly.

I've enjoyed them both a bunch.

XLNT pickups! Ed R's good peeps!

#5647691 - 05/02/12 09:04 PM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: sacentaur]
jimjum12 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: In Line at the Principal's Off...

.....17 - 19 is such a rich storyline. The cover of # 19 is quintessential SA. I did a friend a favor a while back and bought some books from him to help him out. ASM 7 was one of them.....and it reignited my ASM passion.....ASM 7 is one of my favorite early marvels...don't really know why, it's not profound but it sure was, and is, a fun read. What started as a favor has turned into a stack of 12 different Ditko gems. I'm going to try and get the first appearance of all of Ditko's ASM villains. As of now, I lack 1, 2, 20, and 28. I'm looking for 4.5 to 6.0 copies that present well in a mylar.....stuff I can take out and look at often. I won't have a 1 for a very long while....as it's pricey.....but what fun. I had forgotten how much I love Spidey. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) \(thumbs u

#5648708 - 05/03/12 09:39 AM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: jimjum12]
trmoore54 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: jimjum12

.....17 - 19 is such a rich storyline. The cover of # 19 is quintessential SA. I did a friend a favor a while back and bought some books from him to help him out. ASM 7 was one of them.....and it reignited my ASM passion.....ASM 7 is one of my favorite early marvels...don't really know why, it's not profound but it sure was, and is, a fun read. What started as a favor has turned into a stack of 12 different Ditko gems. I'm going to try and get the first appearance of all of Ditko's ASM villains. As of now, I lack 1, 2, 20, and 28. I'm looking for 4.5 to 6.0 copies that present well in a mylar.....stuff I can take out and look at often. I won't have a 1 for a very long while....as it's pricey.....but what fun. I had forgotten how much I love Spidey. GOD BLESS...

I always love your posts Jim! Another great tribute to a great artist and book!

#5648786 - 05/03/12 10:08 AM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: bomber-bob]
trmoore54 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: bomber-bob
 Originally Posted By: trmoore54
My newest addition...finally...
Now need just #11 to complete my 5-41 in 9.0 or better...gonna be a tough one...

\(thumbs u

Great book Tom. Tough book to find with this kind of eye appeal, maybe second in difficulty to only the 11.

THX Bob! Appreciate the thoughts! Yeah I hunted for awhile for the right copy

#5649217 - 05/03/12 01:01 PM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: trmoore54]
jimjum12 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: In Line at the Principal's Off...
 Originally Posted By: trmoore54
 Originally Posted By: jimjum12

I always love your posts Jim! Another great tribute to a great artist and book!

....thanks Tom. After giving this more thought , I realized that there are more first appearances of villains in Ditko's run than I realized....18 if I'm not mistaken. GOD BLESS....

1...Chameleon
2...Vulture, Tinker
3...Dr. Octopus
4...Sandman
6...Lizard
9...Electro
10...Enforcers
13...Mysterio
14...Green Goblin
15...Kraven
20...Scorpion
25...Spider Slayer
26...Crime Master
28...Molten Man
30...Cat Burgler (almost didn't include)
36...Looter
37...Strom's Robots (almost didn't include)
38...A Guy Named Joe (almost didn't include)

....I didn't include the Living Brain, as it was just a malfunctioning machine.

#5649507 - 05/03/12 02:28 PM Re: Amazing Spiderman Collecting Thread! [Re: jimjum12]
Peter Loves Gwen Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Near Dollywood, TN.
What about the circus bunch in 16 and 22? The Beetle was in ASM 21, he was a big villain for somebody else later on. Where did he come from?

My Feedback thread in the Kudos forum.

Page 448 of 560 « First<446447448449450>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTB: Junk Silver
by ChasingKingKirby
16 minutes 57 seconds ago
New @ kittlecoins.com - Type Coins; Lovett Tokens; Copper Wilson Dollar; Commems
by illini420
Yesterday at 10:08 PM
PROOF 70 COINS FOR SALE
by wmfielding
10/28/14 09:58 AM
Canadian Large Cents, more
by stldanceartist
10/26/14 08:44 PM
Comics Marketplace
Bronze ASMs, Byrne UNCANNY X-MEN, CAPs & MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE ANNUAL #2
by sakaridis
7 minutes 10 seconds ago
Few Copper Keys - NM 98, TTT 44x2
by KPR Comics
42 minutes 43 seconds ago
CAF SALE! Chrissie Zullo, Robbi Rodriquez, and others!!
by Stringer
Today at 09:59 AM
Ms. Marvel 1 9.4 white and some junk keys
by october
Today at 08:55 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.102 seconds in which 0.09 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum