Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#5648921 - 05/03/12 11:21 AM Tales of Suspense #39 (first appearance of iron man)
shine_pittsy Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Loc: Peterborough, Canada
Recently was shocked by the grade this got. Grader notes said: Spine readers crease, spine wear, right center front cover lite crease, bottom back cover small lite stain, center back cover lite crease...

WHITE PAGES, 7.0

Picture is the best I can do for now, shows camera flash...

How bad does these factors affect a grade? And would pressing it improve the grade? (Don't care about opinion of right and wrong on pressing, just if it would help). Thanks.

Attachments
125532.jpg
Description:

125533.jpg
Description:

Edited by shine_pittsy (05/03/12 12:23 PM)

#5648938 - 05/03/12 11:26 AM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: shine_pittsy]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida
Well, thats a TOS 39 not #1

Stains and creases get HAMMERED by CGC ime. What you think is a small crease, CGC can and will drop the grade much farther than you might think it should.

As to pressing, it depends if the creases break color. if they do, a press isnt going to help. If they dont break color, a press might take them out.

What was the grade that book got?

#5648973 - 05/03/12 11:41 AM Re: Tales of Suspense #39 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: shine_pittsy]
etanick Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Sarasota
tough to tell from those 2 pics but since the grade was lower than what you expected, I am throwing out a wag of 5.5 based on the notes.

#5648979 - 05/03/12 11:43 AM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: sufunk]
shine_pittsy Offline

It received a 7... respectful but still... I have been tracking this one comic on Heritage auctions, and the comic looks way worse than mine.

Attachments
lf.jpeg (97 downloads)
Description:

#5648983 - 05/03/12 11:45 AM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: shine_pittsy]
etanick Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Sarasota
if that got a 7.0 with those notes, then don't ever crack, press or resub this book in my opinion.

#5649068 - 05/03/12 12:11 PM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: etanick]
Columbia Comics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: etanick
if that got a 7.0 with those notes, then don't ever crack, press or resub this book in my opinion.

+1 billion! I can see the spine roll in the first photograph. I don't think you should be disappointed with that grade. I would be jumping up and down!

Columbia Comics - http://www.columbiacomics.com

Always looking to buy and sell key Silver Age issues! PM me with anything you're looking to sell as we pay aggressive prices for items we want!!!

#5649100 - 05/03/12 12:17 PM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: Columbia Comics]
shine_pittsy Offline

Since you can see the roll, why would one not press and resubmit??

#5649118 - 05/03/12 12:22 PM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: shine_pittsy]
shine_pittsy Offline

ALSO: this book has WHITE pages... does that help the grade? Or is that even considered?

#5649125 - 05/03/12 12:24 PM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: shine_pittsy]
Columbia Comics Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I believe PQ helps the grade.

My main ? is...why didn't you have it pressed prior to submission?

Columbia Comics - http://www.columbiacomics.com

Always looking to buy and sell key Silver Age issues! PM me with anything you're looking to sell as we pay aggressive prices for items we want!!!

#5649127 - 05/03/12 12:25 PM Re: Tales of Suspense #1 (first appearance of iron man) [Re: Columbia Comics]
shine_pittsy Offline

Never heard about it, until recently... Sort of took up the hobby again, after years off

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  cgcmod3-migration, Gemma, Harshen, dena, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod7, plitch, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, PaulS., ccgmod1, ccgmod2-migration, Bree 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Use Google to Search the Boards

The Money Marketplace
Comics Marketplace
Advertisements

Generated in 0.015 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles