• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,202 posts in this topic

Instead of searching for cute little graemlins to suit your needs, perhaps a reading comprehension course would be useful (thumbs u

I've got no dog in this fight. I'm not complaining about anyone and have no "sour deals" pending so why are you quoting me saying I'm person_without_enough_empathying about a bad seller??? (shrug) I'm just agreeing with someone who does have a problem and giving my opinion. If you like waiting around for someone to send what you paid for until their life is absolutely perfect, great for you! I pay for my books immediately and expect the same courtesy in sending my books as soon as reasonably possible.

It has nothing to do with OCD. When I pay for something, I expect to receive it in a timely manner or have some communication explaining why that isn't happening. As far as I know, that's how buying/selling works on this planet. "life issues"??? Honestly, I could give two craps about that. Everyone has problems but still manage to do what needs to be done without curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again.

It doesnt strike you as odd how no one EVER has one of these major "life issues" when setting up a sales thread and taking your money? Weird how that only comes up AFTER someone has your money.

Oh and don't give me the "it's only comics so relax" line. If they are only comics and don't matter, then don't sell them and collect people's money. I don't care if it's a stick of gum, when I pay for it, get it to me in a timely manner or communicate why you aren't. Doing anything less is the nothing but selfish, immature and unacceptable in my book (thumbs u

Brilliant.

Dan

I agree with you 100% (thumbs u

This whole "personal issues" or "life gets in the way" is the most ridiculous excuse ive ever heard? what are they 5 years old?!?

Pretty much ALL of us have jobs, family, kids, personal issues, injuries, whatever and still manage not to basically steal someones money and not send what they paid for. Ignoring an :takeit: is one thing, once you've PAID.....thats a different story. I dont care what has happened in your life, unless you are in a hospital in a coma, send the books you took money for! Everyone has their problems but manages not to steal from people which not sending the books after being paid is in my mind.

I'm shocked how much leeway people are ready to give because of a stupid "my life is more important than comics" excuse. Once someone pays you, there is no excuse short of a debilitating injury to not send what was paid for rantrant

I'm not ready to call this one theft yet, I mean the seller could be in the middle of chemotherapy or in a coma as you've mentioned. Right now its just really slow shipping and handling until I guess the 30 day criteria has been met. And who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and the package will show up this week or early next in the mail and the seller just failed to communicate that the item was shipped. Other than that I 100% agree with you. Also, I agree with the excuses as well. S&H time should take no more than three days unless agreed upon during the negotiating of the transaction. Regardless, I think sellers and buyers need to take this very seriously and communication is essential.

However, if it gets past this I guess I would consider it theft. If it comes to that I'm still considering how I will handle it. However, in cases of theft I think this should be an automatic nomination to the HoS list until the person resolves the issue. IMO, posting a :takeit: and then failing to complete a transaction is not even in the same ballpark as taking monies and failing to provide the item. A buyer attempting to commit fraud should be held to the same standard. Regardless of whether the amount is in the hundreds or thousands. In some states (my state included, VA), theft is considered a felony if its over $200.....

International transit time is probably going to run 10-14 business days - presuming southbound is the same as northbound.

I'm guessing you guys are both in the same boat but chirping about it here before 30 days is up seems kinda petty to me considering it's being done in a thread where actual bad deals are intended to be brought up. Once I buy a book I want it ASAP just like you guys, I think all collectors are like that but griping about it publicly while sharing your OCD fueled customer service expectations & relating it to the PL/HOS/theft/fraud is kind of dumb.

Speculating the extent to which "real life" would/could/should impact service on someone who hasn't posted in a week is dumber than what I mentioned in the first paragraph.

The forum has a kudos thread, there is no anti-kudos thread where you can critique sellers/buyers - right now all you can do is choose to privately avoid a seller/buyer who doesn't meet service expectations that YOU have that exceed those of the community. I'd think non-infractions would be stuff like: - books arrived intact but weren't well packed, shipper delayed shipping out my books for a week with no communication/explanation - - -

:eyeroll: < ---- closest I could come to a STFU graemlin

I posted in here to find out what was the process for reporting a transaction that I was starting to become uncomfortable with was. To be honest I don’t really care what speculation you think is dumb or not. You might want to get over yourself because you’re just poster on a comic book board like the rest of us. At least be civil, and leave STFU comments @ home. I mean would you seriously say that to a person you just met? I’d expect that type of from a kid.

Some of us are relatively new buyers and don’t know everyone on this board and who’s dependable and who’s not. Some of us may not feel comfortable having hundreds or thousands of dollars on the table and poor communication. If you have input, recommendations, suggestions you may want to rethink how you state them.

Thanks to those who answered my questions and now I’m done.

Instead of searching for cute little graemlins to suit your needs, perhaps a reading comprehension course would be useful (thumbs u

I've got no dog in this fight. I'm not complaining about anyone and have no "sour deals" pending so why are you quoting me saying I'm person_without_enough_empathying about a bad seller??? (shrug) I'm just agreeing with someone who does have a problem and giving my opinion. If you like waiting around for someone to send what you paid for until their life is absolutely perfect, great for you! I pay for my books immediately and expect the same courtesy in sending my books as soon as reasonably possible.

It has nothing to do with OCD. When I pay for something, I expect to receive it in a timely manner or have some communication explaining why that isn't happening. As far as I know, that's how buying/selling works on this planet. "life issues"??? Honestly, I could give two craps about that. Everyone has problems but still manage to do what needs to be done without curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again.

It doesnt strike you as odd how no one EVER has one of these major "life issues" when setting up a sales thread and taking your money? Weird how that only comes up AFTER someone has your money.

Oh and don't give me the "it's only comics so relax" line. If they are only comics and don't matter, then don't sell them and collect people's money. I don't care if it's a stick of gum, when I pay for it, get it to me in a timely manner or communicate why you aren't. Doing anything less is the nothing but selfish, immature and unacceptable in my book (thumbs u

Brilliant.

Dan

Being the Internet, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.

Just to clarify though, I don't want it to sound like I don't care about someone else's problems. I've had MANY times on here where someone pm'd me and explained the problem and why they couldn't send the book or payment. Every single time, my response has been " cool, no problem and don't worry about it, just let me know when it's better and it'll be sent" (thumbs u

To just completely ignore someone is completely unacceptable unless you are dead or I. The hospital. Losing your job, getting sick etc is NOT an excuse to just leave someone hanging for weeks on end with no communication at all. That's what a 5 year old would do not an adult with any sense of responsibility. I think 99.9% of people on here would be understanding and give you as much time as you need tout you just communicate with them. Ignoring a buyer/seller you have a responsibility to is NEVER acceptable though in my book (thumbs u

My reading comprehension is fine but you might want to look up selfish and immature if you plan on slinging them around in your childish rants.

So if you got your book from the thread where the other guy bought then that would have been a more valuable contribution to the concerns he's raising prematurely in the probation discussion thread. You could have actually helped someone out & put the guys mind at ease..but that wouldn't even cross your mind would it?

Considering that was done hours ago by me via pm assuring him that this seller would get him his books and I'd help if needed, you're looking even more stupid than usual d u m m y (thumbs u

My reading comprehension is fine but you might want to look up selfish and immature if you plan on slinging them around in your childish rants.

So if you got your book from the thread where the other guy bought then that would have been a more valuable contribution to the concerns he's raising prematurely in the probation discussion thread. You could have actually helped someone out & put the guys mind at ease..but that wouldn't even cross your mind would it?

Yep, we've already had s PM discussion and sufunk vouched for the seller's reliability. And to think he did this without a single STFU.

Yep, we've already had s PM discussion and sufunk vouched for the seller's reliability. And to think he did this without a single STFU.

:eyeroll:

:baiting:

We think alike....scary! (thumbs u

Ease up guys. There is no reason to call each other names and toss virtual punches. We're all here in this thread because we believe in community and honest and easy transactions.

Life can get crazy and sometimes people are slow to deliver but at least this situation is resolved. As someone said earlier, the pl has done its job.

+1.......thousand (thumbs u

+1

I don't know where the "the buyer should contact the seller" idea came from but I've never once not been invoiced by a seller for a purchase. Ive probably bought 100 times on here and every single time, I've been invoiced by the seller. It's definitely the sellers responsibility to do that IMO.

If its been more than a week, I might send a pm asking for an invoice but even that has happened only once I think. If a seller is waiting for you to pm him, he needs some lessons in how buying/selling works on this planet IMO. You sell something, you send the person a bill. That's the way it works everywhere I've ever been (shrug)

It ain't rocket science (thumbs u

Agreed. Seller has the responsibility of sending the buyer an invoice for his purchases. That is the way it has been on here forever.

Agree but sometimes with long sales threads (CDforever and FoolKiller come to mind) that often go on all weekend with 100s of books buyers often "start a pile". The buyer should let the seller know when their pile is complete. :foryou:

+1

I don't know where the "the buyer should contact the seller" idea came from but I've never once not been invoiced by a seller for a purchase. Ive probably bought 100 times on here and every single time, I've been invoiced by the seller. It's definitely the sellers responsibility to do that IMO.

If its been more than a week, I might send a pm asking for an invoice but even that has happened only once I think. If a seller is waiting for you to pm him, he needs some lessons in how buying/selling works on this planet IMO. You sell something, you send the person a bill. That's the way it works everywhere I've ever been (shrug)

It ain't rocket science (thumbs u

Agreed. Seller has the responsibility of sending the buyer an invoice for his purchases. That is the way it has been on here forever.

Agree but sometimes with long sales threads (CDforever and FoolKiller come to mind) that often go on all weekend with 100s of books buyers often "start a pile". The buyer should let the seller know when their pile is complete. :foryou:

Well yea

Maybe it's just my perspective, and I wasn't here when it was discussed and created, but the '30 Day Rule" seems incredibly long to me.

I would think that if someone hasn't given you a delivery confirmation number within a week of taking your money, there's either something wrong or they aren't really taking the sale seriously.

30 days for comics to ship is a bit long, but the number was decided upon because it allows for a decent amount of padding ... after waiting 30 days, no one can say you're jumping the gun. It also allows for any USPS tricksiness.

The way I understood it was the 30 day rule was for formal nominations to the PL. You can make posts in the discussions thread sooner if you suspect foul play, especially if the seller has started another sales thread looking to rip more people off.

Brilliant.

Dan

Being the Internet, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.

Just to clarify though, I don't want it to sound like I don't care about someone else's problems. I've had MANY times on here where someone pm'd me and explained the problem and why they couldn't send the book or payment. Every single time, my response has been " cool, no problem and don't worry about it, just let me know when it's better and it'll be sent" (thumbs u

To just completely ignore someone is completely unacceptable unless you are dead or I. The hospital. Losing your job, getting sick etc is NOT an excuse to just leave someone hanging for weeks on end with no communication at all. That's what a 5 year old would do not an adult with any sense of responsibility. I think 99.9% of people on here would be understanding and give you as much time as you need tout you just communicate with them. Ignoring a buyer/seller you have a responsibility to is NEVER acceptable though in my book (thumbs u

No sarcasm at all. I totally agree with you! :) I agree especially that true life changing events that preclude concluding a comic deal are very rare.

Dan

We've decided that 30 days is the amount of time. If it feels unreasonable, then you just don't like the rules around here. You could certainly try to change them, but until then, 30 is the magic number. Sellers have 30 days to get you your comics after you pay. Buyers have 30 days to pay after the :takeit:.

Also, hyperbole, while amusing and powerful, doesn't really help either side of an argument.

Again, this may just be exaggeration on your part to make a point, but ... if someone has "life issues" before setting up a sales thread, they just don't set up the sales thread. Seems pretty logical to me, and completely un-devious. Even so, I have definitely seen people start sales threads, then let them fall off because something has come up and they can't maintain it. They come back a week or whatever later apologizing for letting it slide, and often start it back up again. As for taking your money, the seller doesn't even have to do anything. They can take your money via paypal while in the very act of "curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again."

Edited by Speedy-D

We've decided that 30 days is the amount of time. If it feels unreasonable, then you just don't like the rules around here. You could certainly try to change them, but until then, 30 is the magic number. Sellers have 30 days to get you your comics after you pay. Buyers have 30 days to pay after the :takeit:.

Also, hyperbole, while amusing and powerful, doesn't really help either side of an argument.

Again, this may just be exaggeration on your part to make a point, but ... if someone has "life issues" before setting up a sales thread, they just don't set up the sales thread. Seems pretty logical to me, and completely un-devious. Even so, I have definitely seen people start sales threads, then let them fall off because something has come up and they can't maintain it. They come back a week or whatever later apologizing for letting it slide, and often start it back up again. As for taking your money, the seller doesn't even have to do anything. They can take your money via paypal while in the very act of "curling up in a ball and Sucking their thumb ignoring their responsibilities until life is perfect again."

Wow, do your friends call you Mr. Literal at home??? :baiting:

lol

I have no problem with the 30 days although personally i think that is a little long. I guess i dont mind because ive never had anyone on here take even remotely that long to send me the books. The only problem i have is if there was no communication during that time. If i pay for a book and then dont hear a single word and pm's go unanswered for 30 days, i'm definitely going to get a little worried and annoyed. Again, thats never remotely happened so wether i like it or not doesnt really matter.

As to "life issues", like i said other than a one in a million occurrence that shouldnt affect a sale or sending a book. Like some others have said, how often does someone have a life changing problem that prevents them from taking 10 minutes to send a book or 30 seconds to send a PM??? Not NEARLY as much as people try to act on here when they arent doing what they should for whatever reason imo.

Regardless, all i said and meant is that you need to communicate with the other party no matter whats going on unless you are incapacitated. Both of these last posters had sent PM's that went unread or unanswered for weeks on end. Thats just not acceptable 99% of the time. It takes 30 seconds to respond to a pm. That just shouldnt happen imo (shrug)

Wow, do your friends call you Mr. Literal at home??? :baiting:

lol

I have no problem with the 30 days although personally i think that is a little long. I guess i dont mind because ive never had anyone on here take even remotely that long to send me the books. The only problem i have is if there was no communication during that time. If i pay for a book and then dont hear a single word and pm's go unanswered for 30 days, i'm definitely going to get a little worried and annoyed. Again, thats never remotely happened so wether i like it or not doesnt really matter.

As to "life issues", like i said other than a one in a million occurrence that shouldnt affect a sale or sending a book. Like some others have said, how often does someone have a life changing problem that prevents them from taking 10 minutes to send a book or 30 seconds to send a PM??? Not NEARLY as much as people try to act on here when they arent doing what they should for whatever reason imo.

Regardless, all i said and meant is that you need to communicate with the other party no matter whats going on unless you are incapacitated. Both of these last posters had sent PM's that went unread or unanswered for weeks on end. Thats just not acceptable 99% of the time. It takes 30 seconds to respond to a pm. That just shouldnt happen imo (shrug)

You could not be more wrong! Everything you've said is as unreasonable as it gets, I can't believe you're a real human!

Nah, just kidding. I agree with you on all points. Hyperbole is one of my pet peeves, sorry. :sorry: Anyway, of course if someone isn't answering your PMs that's not cool. Like you, I pay for my comics within minutes of getting a Paypal address from the seller, and I'd be totally annoyed if they then sat on my comics, incommunicado, for upwards of a month. I'm just saying we've agreed to allow for 30 days, so that's the way it is. If some lazy SOB wants to wait that long to get me my comics, that's my tough luck. Come day 31, I may well exercise my right to PL his butt.

Like you, I pay for my comics within minutes of getting a Paypal address from the seller

I don't know if that's true. It took you twenty minutes to pay me from our last transaction. I was just about to go into panic mode and throw you on the list. :fear:

:jokealert: