Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#5648078 - 05/02/12 10:45 PM Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree?
baronfizzwell Offline
Hobbyist

I bought my first pedigree comic this week, which was a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea CGC graded comic, from Sparkle City, which was very nice.

The reason for this topic came up as I've just been bidding on some raw comics on Ebay, all from the same seller, that were listed as Bethlehem Pedigree, with the date stamp etc.

I bid on another copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, as I like to have raw copies of certain titles to look through (even though the grade was alleged to be higher than the CGC copy I'd already bought).

I did a little bit of reading around about pedigrees and found a thread somewhere that stated that there weren't multiple copies of what they called the "mass pedigree collections", which makes me wonder. Are there any experts on the Bethlehem Pedigree on here that might know about the likelihood of multiple copies of the same comic coming from this collection? I'm sure if this is the case, then somebody here must have come across some ...

I did a search on "Bethlehem" here, but it only came up with three posts.

#5648146 - 05/02/12 11:10 PM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: baronfizzwell]
Heresy Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Dallas, TX
Bethlem Pedigree

Check that out, that cache was huge with many multiple copy issues.

#5648287 - 05/03/12 12:19 AM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: Heresy]
icculus308win Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Barrington, IL
There are indeed multiple copies for many Bethlem books.

Go Cubs Go!

Bear Down Chicago Bears!! (*uck Cutler though)

Lets Go Hawks!!! Lets Go Hawks!!! Lets Go Hawks!!!

"These should have boards in them - Bloody Savages!!"
"Oooh man.......Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning."

#5648348 - 05/03/12 01:14 AM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: icculus308win]
baronfizzwell Offline
Hobbyist

Oh cool, thanks for letting me know. The thread I was looking at was mainly about a couple of pedigrees, one of them being Bethlehem. And thanks for the link as well, what a great resource.
#5648544 - 05/03/12 07:41 AM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: baronfizzwell]
ngh81 Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Pa
I saw each of those copies of 20,000 Leagues for sale recently as well. Nice pick-up!

In the limited research i have done i agree that there are multiple copies of the same book for the bethlehem collection.

#5648648 - 05/03/12 09:10 AM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: ngh81]
baronfizzwell Offline
Hobbyist

Yeah I was pretty pleased to get them, even though one would have been enough ... but sometimes you only find the "ideal" copy when you've just bought another one.
But yeah, I guess the 9.4 is the "reading copy" ...

#5650181 - 05/03/12 06:35 PM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: baronfizzwell]
icculus308win Offline

I own quite a few Beth. books and I'm a big fan of them. I'm not a huge date stamp fan, but when it is one on a Bethlehem book - I love it. Bethlehem books have overall great pq (ow/w or better majority wise) and they cover such a terrific array of titles.

I'm sure other Boardies know more or have seen more about the Pedigree, but personally I have seen up to three copies for one book.

Great pickup!

Go Cubs Go!

#5650188 - 05/03/12 06:38 PM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: icculus308win]
Silver Surfer Online   sleepy

Man this is just a reminder of how much work I haven't done in the last 8 years!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: icculus308win

I own quite a few Beth. books and I'm a big fan of them. I'm not a huge date stamp fan, but when it is one on a Bethlehem book - I love it. Bethlehem books have overall great pq (ow/w or better majority wise and they cover such a terrific array of titles.

Great pickup!!

That's exactly how I feel. I also love that the collection has crazy depth of cool 50's books you rarely see in high grade. I don't think this collection gets enough prasie these days.

#5651191 - 05/04/12 01:22 AM Re: Multiple Copies for Bethlehem Pedigree? [Re: Silver Surfer]
icculus308win Offline

If I didn't own some of these and other Pedigrees, trying to be unbiased.....when actually processing the range and overall vast array and depth this Ped. encompasses......it is indeed a VERY under appreciated Pedigree imho. It really has something for everyone! Lol!!
Long live coveted Bethlehem date stamps!!

Go Cubs Go!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: 2014 Gold Kennedy Proof .50C Coins. Graded PF69s at issue price
by stckplunge
06:57 PM
FSH: 1995-S Civil War Commomorative Dollar PCGS PF-69DCAM & More!
by 123cents
10:30 PM
Auction Catalog Labor Day Sale 40 % off !
by RichH
03:12 PM
FSH - GIANT 44x20 inch prints of 1896 $1 & $5 Silver Certificates! +2 more!
by Paul S
11:54 AM
Comics Marketplace
Some nice high grade slabs - Detective, Strange Adventures, Underworld Crime
by jhutton2
SOLD Amazing Spider-Man #129 FN- 5.5 (raw) First Full Punisher
by Leon's Comics
06:33 PM
sold and closed
by violentluke
05:30 PM
High Grade Copper Singles & Runs - Mostly Indies w/some Marvel & DC / 1982-1985
by faster friends
04:14 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.013 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing