• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man Collecting Thread!
38 38

14,405 posts in this topic

My newest addition...finally... :cloud9:

Now need just #11 to complete my 5-41 in 9.0 or better...gonna be a tough one... :frustrated:

ASM13_90_OWW.jpg

Tom,

That is a beautiful book! Good luck with the #11. That is a toughie, but a goodie.

Rick

Since I got back into REALLY collecting several years ago I've been working on an ASM run. It's been really enjoyable to collect all the books I wished I could have had in my younger days. Most of my collection is raw and after recently picking up a mid grade copy of #2 from Dale I'm down to only one which is the most expensive - #1 (my run is currently #2 - 400 with more after up to the current issue). I'm not trying to brag, just saying it's been a lot of fun and hopefully I'll be able to complete it within the next year. BTW, there's some really nice collections here and I never get tired of seeing spidey books.

My newest addition...finally... :cloud9:

Now need just #11 to complete my 5-41 in 9.0 or better...gonna be a tough one... :frustrated:

ASM13_90_OWW.jpg

(thumbs u

Great book Tom. Tough book to find with this kind of eye appeal, maybe second in difficulty to only the 11.

Here are two examples of technical mid-grade books that look so fresh - and present so well in the slab - that they fit in just fine with my growing SA collection (I picked these up in trade with a fellow Boardie):

100_7503.jpg

Here are two examples of technical mid-grade books that look so fresh - and present so well in the slab - that they fit in just fine with my growing SA collection (I picked these up in trade with a fellow Boardie):

100_7503.jpg

Nice! Last one I need :cry:

Finally, I bought this from a Boardie raw (white pages), hard book to grade (that black spine... aaargh), so pretty otherwise, 6.0?:

ASM13stan-1.jpg

Very nice! The #4 is exceptional and the 8 and 9 ain't half-bad either! Welcome to the early SA and ASM obsession! :headbang:

Just picked this up.....nicest 9.2 I've ever seen. Only problems are a small stamp that says "Hillsboro" on the back plus a tiny letter "A"....also on the back. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ASM19f.jpg

ASM19b.jpg

Beautiful book--nice and shiny especially the whites.

SLR

Edited by Stevenrams

Just picked this up.....nicest 9.2 I've ever seen. Only problems are a small stamp that says "Hillsboro" on the back plus a tiny letter "A"....also on the back. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

ASM19f.jpg

ASM19b.jpg

Bueatuifull book--nice and shiny especially the whites.

SLR

Yes, If you purchase a white cover Spidey book, it's essential that the Whites are actually WHITE!!! (thumbs u

Finally, I bought this from a Boardie raw (white pages), hard book to grade (that black spine... aaargh), so pretty otherwise, 6.0?:

ASM13stan-1.jpg

Vibrant colors on this book, Steve. I see that both you and I are buying some Marvels lately. I've always had about 60 Marvels in my collection, mainly because I bought a 1700 book collection from a teacher friend of mine that contained mostly Marvels. Sold a few to friends including Erik, flipped most of the rest to a local shop owner and kept about 100 for myself. I haven't scanned them much, because I've never been a Marvel collector but as I read some of the old books, I realize how great the stories and art are compared to their major competitor who shall remained unnmaed since I collect them, too. Anyway, you're picking up some great books.

SLR