Page 1276 of 2683 « First<12741275127612771278>Last »
Topic Options
#5635638 - 04/28/12 10:20 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: CycleGirl]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida
 Originally Posted By: CycleGirl
 Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: Speedy-D
Ummm, i think us relatively new guys could use a link to past fun with this guy!

my favorite meltdown!!!

and his attempted rehabilitation

Holy *spoon* that took a long time to read!!! \:o

Honestly, I tried to get through the first thread and finally gave up after 87 pages... Although, I must say that photo that FleeMarquette posted on page 37 (Frankie with the comic and the 1912 newspaper) made it worth it! I laughed so hard I almost cried.

quitter!

That pic was freaking hilarious! lol Made the whole read worth it \(thumbs u

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5635964 - 04/28/12 01:02 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Benjamin Grimm Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Ohio
I'm not looking to nominate someone, just looking for advice...

There was a sale here about two months ago. I posted the "Take It" on several items. After waiting a month, I PM'd the seller politely asking about the sale. The PM was read but not responded to. I waited another three weeks and PM'd again, expressing my confusion as to the lack of a response and asking if the seller still wanted to make the sale. Despite the board member continuing to be quite a prolific poster here, the PM wasn't even read. As much as I want the items, I'd settle for just a response saying the sale was off, or how to pay, whatever...

Advice?

#5637528 - 04/29/12 05:29 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Benjamin Grimm]
thirdgreenham Offline
Eleventy millionth person to declare their first year on the boards as the golden age, and the current era to be worthless.
TOTAL NEWBIE

it sounds like seller's remorse, and probation list worthy, but would be best to have his/her side of the story

Andy 2c

what goes around comes around...oh yeah, and respect your parents

forestcitycoins is my eBay store, click if you like. \(thumbs u

#5637685 - 04/29/12 09:42 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: thirdgreenham]
Benjamin Grimm Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: thirdgreenham
it sounds like seller's remorse, and probation list worthy, but would be best to have his/her side of the story

Andy 2c

I agree, but without answers to my PMs, I'm not seeing a way to find out their side of the story, which is what I was asking advice for.

#5637692 - 04/29/12 09:46 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Benjamin Grimm]
skypinkblu Offline

I'm just the coordinator. Just?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: WESTCHESTER NY (like the X-Men...
 Originally Posted By: Benjamin Grimm
 Originally Posted By: thirdgreenham

Andy 2c

I agree, but without answers to my PMs, I'm not seeing a way to find out their side of the story, which is what I was asking advice for.

I'm afraid you are going to have to post the person's forum ID, If you have sent PMs and they have not answered, Hopefully, they will respond here once you do.

My eBay listings

#5637752 - 04/29/12 10:36 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: skypinkblu]
bababooey Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Ontario, Canada
A month seems like a long time to initiate a discussion after posting the

Just sayin'

With all quirks surrounding PM's (read/not read), make sure you aren't sending the seller a PM in a thread that he's removed himself from - I'd suggest a fresh PM w/link to your purchase posts and ask for paypal address and if the thread gives clear shipping costs then summarize what books you are getting and what amount you'll be sending along with your mailing address. I've always just assumed buyer initiates post purchase PM to make payment unless the seller says they are going to issue invoices.

Not sure if I'd chalk it up to seller's remorse...yet, it could be a seller who presumed there was some buyer's remorse when he hadn't heard anything for a month. \(shrug\)

#5637775 - 04/29/12 10:49 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: bababooey]
Speedy-D Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: bababooey

Just sayin'

With all quirks surrounding PM's (read/not read), make sure you aren't sending the seller a PM in a thread that he's removed himself from - I'd suggest a fresh PM w/link to your purchase posts and ask for paypal address and if the thread gives clear shipping costs then summarize what books you are getting and what amount you'll be sending along with your mailing address. I've always just assumed buyer initiates post purchase PM to make payment unless the seller says they are going to issue invoices.

Not sure if I'd chalk it up to seller's remorse...yet, it could be a seller who presumed there was some buyer's remorse when he hadn't heard anything for a month. \(shrug\)

Almost every time I've bought comics here, the seller has sent me a follow up PM with a total pretty quickly. I don't think it's the norm for a seller just to wait indefinitely for the buyer to offer up payment. That's a good point about making sure that the seller is still in the PM thread though.

OA @ CAF || Comic artist contact/commission info

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

“There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
- Hamlet

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

#5638523 - 04/29/12 03:31 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Speedy-D]
skypinkblu Offline

I'm just the coordinator. Just?

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: WESTCHESTER NY (like the X-Men...
 Originally Posted By: Speedy-D
 Originally Posted By: bababooey

Just sayin'

Almost every time I've bought comics here, the seller has sent me a follow up PM with a total pretty quickly. I don't think it's the norm for a seller just to wait indefinitely for the buyer to offer up payment. That's a good point about making sure that the seller is still in the PM thread though.

I'd never expect the buyer to contact me if I have a sales thread, that's the seller's job, giving a total and your Paypal address. Sometimes buyers DO PM me first, but that might be because they are done and I haven't bothered them yet, because I have not closed the thread.
A new PM is a good idea, just in case.

My eBay listings

#5639012 - 04/29/12 06:28 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: skypinkblu]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida
+1

I don't know where the "the buyer should contact the seller" idea came from but I've never once not been invoiced by a seller for a purchase. Ive probably bought 100 times on here and every single time, I've been invoiced by the seller. It's definitely the sellers responsibility to do that IMO.

If its been more than a week, I might send a pm asking for an invoice but even that has happened only once I think. If a seller is waiting for you to pm him, he needs some lessons in how buying/selling works on this planet IMO. You sell something, you send the person a bill. That's the way it works everywhere I've ever been \(shrug\)

It ain't rocket science \(thumbs u

#5639031 - 04/29/12 06:33 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Darrell F Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Building a snowman
+1

I don't know where the "the buyer should contact the seller" idea came from but I've never once not been invoiced by a seller for a purchase. Ive probably bought 100 times on here and every single time, I've been invoiced by the seller. It's definitely the sellers responsibility to do that IMO.

If its been more than a week, I might send a pm asking for an invoice but even that has happened only once I think. If a seller is waiting for you to pm him, he needs some lessons in how buying/selling works on this planet IMO. You sell something, you send the person a bill. That's the way it works everywhere I've ever been \(shrug\)

It ain't rocket science \(thumbs u
Agreed. Seller has the responsibility of sending the buyer an invoice for his purchases. That is the way it has been on here forever.

Page 1276 of 2683 « First<12741275127612771278>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
WTS: Grandma's coins
by stldanceartist
11:23 PM
WTB 1963-D Roosevelt MS67* of MS67*FT
by Lablover
08:51 PM
Labor Day Sale - Toners!
by physics-fan3.14
06:16 PM
Today at GreatCollections - NGC Franklins, Morgans, Rare Gold and More
by ianrussell
08/31/14 05:03 PM
Comics Marketplace
JIM 83 Blue Label CGC 1.0
by MarvelOnly
11:27 PM
CGC SALE! Strange Tales #115 CGC 8.0 SS (Signed by Stan Lee) more to come
by chezmtghut
11:12 PM
Marvel Preview #4 CGC 9.2 White Pages
by MPS
11:07 PM
Brave & the Bold #28 and Speed Comics #1
by nearmint
10:49 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.274 seconds in which 0.261 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles IDW Publishing