• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Moore is not at SDCC but if you fast track Kirkman at that show you should make Moore in Toronto or failing that in Cincy in Sept.

Check NYCC in October if you want them both at the same show but I'm guessing.

So I will be buying my first piece of Walking Dead OA on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have to wait until a payment clears the Paypal hold. I have my eye on a page on Splashpageart. Does anyone know why they only accept money orders, cashier's checks or personal checks?

It says they take Paypal if necessary. That is the way I would like to pay, but I don't want to cause a headache.

Mark is great guy to deal with an talk to. Anyhow, I have bought a half dozen pieces from Mark using Paypal with zero issues. You just have to add %3 for PayPal fees.

I believe the paypal fee is now 4% of the total purchase price now. I just bought three pieces the other day, first time OA buyer, cant wait to receive them. Mark is a nice guy, however there were a few hiccups in my order.

Also FYI, the prices for WD OA are going UP! In just the few short days that I have been researching/viewing pages he has marked them up significantly. I inquired about this and he says it is due to the popularity of the TV Show as well as people buying large batches and flipping them on eBay and if anyone is to make a profit it should be Charlie. I assured him he would certainly not see mine listed on eBay, however I did not say anything aboue listing them here lol.

Yeah, people are marking up a few pages and listing them but I haven't seen much, if any, action on those. The No Reserve auctions seem to end about where Splash Art had them at.

Not sure how much the cover to 93 was bought for but the seller got $799 for it on ebay...I'm guessing that's around what he paid for it. The cover to 92 got a good price though...

The 19 cover shouldn't factor in too much, b/c that is Tony Moore and not Adlard.

Okay.

There are actually at least 10 pieces of WD art on ebay atm, most of which have simply been purchased and put on ebay rather quickly.

As for the pages on splash going up, Mark's slowly but surely been doing this for the past few years. I think it's good in a sense because it's setting the bar for how much the least expensive pages are. That and the ebay sales have been creating a secondary market for the pages, which I have to say, is becoming more and more developed.

As of now, there are less than 5 issues worth of pages left from the first 70 issues!

Just checked...7 pieces of art right now, all very pedestrian pieces that have been listed for weeks as BIN's that nobody is interested in except for the latest cover which is listed as an actual auction :o

Jim

It's essentially got more story in it than 10-15 issues of the comic.

So 30-45 minutes worth? lol

So true :). More like 2 hours or so. So that's gotta be 5-6 tpbs worth.

The game is pretty fun, it's definitely not a blockbuster title or anything. It is fairly priced for what you get. I finished the first episode in one session, pretty short, however there are upcoming episodes.

It's a must have for even the casual fan.

The 50k price tag on the cover to issue 19 didn't help lol

It's not on Ebay but on Heritage or Comic Connect?

It's on Comic Link but you dont need to concern yourself with it, once I win lotto it's going to be mine lol

When I win the lottery, I'm going to buy Tony Moore. He will sign and sketch all the books I want. He will also redraw the interior of every Walking Dead book, as only he can :cloud9:

It's on Comic Link but you dont need to concern yourself with it, once I win lotto it's going to be mine lol

When I win the lottery, I'm going to buy Tony Moore. He will sign and sketch all the books I want. He will also redraw the interior of every Walking Dead book, as only he can :cloud9:

Touché! :golfclap:

Screw that, I would buy Rob Liefeld and have him redraw the whole WD series. Huge boobies and no feet baby!!

Screw that, I would buy Rob Liefeld and have him redraw the whole WD series. Huge boobies and no feet baby!!

Don't you mean man-boobies?