• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

So you prefer selling raw?

for the most part, yeah, if i'm not sure they're 9.8.

Though i'll sell the Comicspro/expo cgc i have sitting in limbo at the moment.

The way they're selling now, it'd probably be worth it to sell 9.6's.

Selling raws on eBay, you never know when a buyer is going to complain about the grade. It's a gamble.

Its not that bad as a seller if you know what you are doing and do front and back large scans on higher end books. Detail any defects you might see and act like you give a about your packing and grading.

From someone who buys off of feebay ... that kind of behavior is rare and very appreciated. I generally get stuck with half the books I ordered being over graded, poorly packed or not the image that was sold to me and unless I'm paying over a hundred dollars its not really worth the time to argue about it. People get away with murder on feebay. By contrast, I've never had a bad experiece buying from a board member.

Don't talk logic. This is all fantasy. :taptaptap:

That wasn't funny or nice.

Is there going to be another "be nice" thread? :facepalm:

No ... trying to teach snarky comic book people to be kind is as difficult as trying to get those same comic book guy types laid or even just shielding them from laughter by attractive women in public places ... somethings require professional help that I don't have the time to teach.

Just a friendly reminder that we don't need to pick at each other all the time. Hell I go out of my way to try and be nice to people on the Boards, compliment others (when I don't need to), etc.

My 2c

You shouldn't have to go out of your way to try to be nice to people, or compliment others, for that matter. And no, you will never "need to" do this. Most nice people don't have to go out of their way, nor would they consider whether being nice is something that they need to or don't need to do. They're just plain nice and amazingly, it comes naturally.

Andy

No ... trying to teach snarky comic book people to be kind is as difficult as trying to get those same comic book guy types laid or even just shielding them from laughter by attractive women in public places ... somethings require professional help that I don't have the time to teach.

Just a friendly reminder that we don't need to pick at each other all the time. Hell I go out of my way to try and be nice to people on the Boards, compliment others (when I don't need to), etc.

My 2c

You shouldn't have to go out of your way to try to be nice to people, or compliment others, for that matter. And no, you will never "need to" do this. Most nice people don't have to go out of their way, nor would they consider whether being nice is something that they need to or don't need to do. They're just plain nice and amazingly, it comes naturally.

Andy

Most people aren't as snarky and rude as people are on anonymous message boards like this one. Let's be honest ... comic people are hard to deal with and groening's comic book man stereotype wouldn't be so funny/true if it wasn't so accurate. In real life, in the real world - people would get their teeth kicked in for being as rude and disrespectful as is common place on this board and elsewhere online. There's actually a name for the effect of anonymity on manners and kindness that's discussed in academia - I just can't remember what it is. I disagree that people are just nice all the time. That's fake kindness. Kindness like anything else takes work. It's just like going to the gym. You have to work on it or you get flabby.

Thanks! It wasn't real hard - I live in ia small city. Much more difficult to do the kind of things I've been able to do in a bigger city. I think that was the nicest thing anyone's said to me a long time. I appreciate it. The Jesuit's will hire anyone. When I was a student the paid a lady 6 figures to be some sort of morales coach for the undergrads and she claimed she was a prophet from God on the internet. I got her fired. You can add that and some significant civil settlements for the victims of corporate insurance and banking fraud to my list, but that pretty much does it. lol

Going back to ToT and Saga, these issues are still wrapped up in a box.

I realise I purchase far too many comics and am not reading enough.... I still have books from 2010 that haven't been read doh!

I found the same thing a couple of years ago. It took me 2 years to liquidate the unread comics. It's a slippery slope that I found myself on again recently picking up a few New Image titles. I recommend Saga. :)

I realise I purchase far too many comics and am not reading enough.... I still have books from 2010 that haven't been read doh!

From 2010? Wow, that's a lot of books that you haven't read. Really enjoyed reading Tot and Saga... My life is pretty busy, besides raising three kids, coaching 2 basketball teams and work I still manage to read most of my books every Wednesday...and I get about 30 books every month and I've been doing that for over 10 years.

From 2010? Wow, that's a lot of books that you haven't read. Really enjoyed reading Tot and Saga... My life is pretty busy, besides raising three kids, coaching 2 basketball teams and work I still manage to read most of my books every Wednesday...and I get about 30 books every month and I've been doing that for over 10 years.

Yep, I've got a bunch of Zombies Vs Robots Adventure comics to read. Stuff like Murderland, Green Hornet, Green Hornet Strikes, Do Androids Dream...., Soldier Zero, The Traveller, The Spirit, etc,etc (off the top of my head).

Also I have GN's up the ying-yang and still have about 5 Walking Dead trades to read.

Well you rock! I might get to read 2 a week.

That's about how I was the past couple years. Joined in on the 'Read 1000 Comics' challenge here on the boards this year. That's definitely motivated me to make a point of reading more and catching up on my backlogs of series. And I'm enjoying everything for the most part. Reading = Fun! :banana:

I just started Exmachina. I setup the reading light at the side of the bed again...finally. So far I'm enjoying it. Hopefully it leads to more reading.

My 2c

Andy

Most people aren't as snarky and rude as people are on anonymous message boards like this one. Let's be honest ... comic people are hard to deal with and groening's comic book man stereotype wouldn't be so funny/true if it wasn't so accurate. In real life, in the real world - people would get their teeth kicked in for being as rude and disrespectful as is common place on this board and elsewhere online. There's actually a name for the effect of anonymity on manners and kindness that's discussed in academia - I just can't remember what it is. I disagree that people are just nice all the time. That's fake kindness. Kindness like anything else takes work. It's just like going to the gym. You have to work on it or you get flabby.

:facepalm: