• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Don't talk logic. This is all fantasy. :taptaptap:

That wasn't funny or nice.

Is there going to be another "be nice" thread? :facepalm:

No ... trying to teach snarky comic book people to be kind is as difficult as trying to get those same comic book guy types laid or even just shielding them from laughter by attractive women in public places ... somethings require professional help that I don't have the time to teach.

Just a friendly reminder that we don't need to pick at each other all the time. Hell I go out of my way to try and be nice to people on the Boards, compliment others (when I don't need to), etc.

Wow! Just a whole bunch of wow and :facepalm:

When raw books are selling for $50 on feebay three months after the book is released, it's a pretty high print run in my opinoin.

Huh? How exactly is your opinion of the print run being "high" predicated upon the fact that the book is selling for $50? Because I can't point out TONS of books with way smaller print runs that sell for nowhere close to $50.

You need to read my post in full context ... in other words I think its a large print run for the price tag under the circumstances. If the book had a print run like a lot of the other image books that came out arond the same time and it was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. 17K copies at $40-$50 a pop is pretty wild. If the print run was 7K-8K and was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. Look at all my posts. Obviously it is all relevant. The print run is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books and only a fraction of the print run of Saga 1, which is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books. But when you look at the print run on Thief of Thieves in comparison to the Comicspro variant or the ICE variant or Walking Dead 1 or Chew 1 or countless other books that have been published by Image recently - it's a sizeable print run.

First, I meant to say "can point out", not "can't point out." Secondly, print run is nowhere near as relevant as the property being optioned for a show. That is what is fueling the speculative action, not the print run.

Wow! Just a whole bunch of wow and :facepalm:
I love when people go to the sexual activity of comic book collectors.

This must just be another example of him "going out of his way to be nice to other people on the boards". ;-)

lol

Now now guys. Such negativity.

You are just mad because you collect comics and that means you cannot get laid. Oh wait, I collect comics as well. :censored:

That argument is the easiest way to identify a insufficiently_thoughtful_person that I know.

When raw books are selling for $50 on feebay three months after the book is released, it's a pretty high print run in my opinoin.

Huh? How exactly is your opinion of the print run being "high" predicated upon the fact that the book is selling for $50? Because I can't point out TONS of books with way smaller print runs that sell for nowhere close to $50.

You need to read my post in full context ... in other words I think its a large print run for the price tag under the circumstances. If the book had a print run like a lot of the other image books that came out arond the same time and it was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. 17K copies at $40-$50 a pop is pretty wild. If the print run was 7K-8K and was commanding the same money I wouldn't be as shocked. Look at all my posts. Obviously it is all relevant. The print run is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books and only a fraction of the print run of Saga 1, which is small in comparison to Marvel and DC books. But when you look at the print run on Thief of Thieves in comparison to the Comicspro variant or the ICE variant or Walking Dead 1 or Chew 1 or countless other books that have been published by Image recently - it's a sizeable print run.

First, I meant to say "can point out", not "can't point out." Secondly, print run is nowhere near as relevant as the property being optioned for a show. That is what is fueling the speculative action, not the print run.

I agree that the pilot plus AMC's legitimacy earned by the Walking Dead is the cause of the big numbers on Thief of Thieves. What I don't understand is why the comicspo numbers (and to a lesser extent the ICE variant numbers) aren't higher proportionally. I know that comic buyers are emotional and not always reasonable and make lots of strange decisions based upon personal preference, etc. but I still think that the raw comicspro books are a steal in comparison to the regular cover because of the print run.

The comic book man doesn't get chicks joke was not directed at anyone other than the hypothetical comic book man. Please don't take it personally. I probably should have been more careful since it looks like I touched a nerve with a few boardies. That being said, my point was that I give up trying to prevent, curb, discourage - whatever - all the snarky comments by boardies. Some of you boys and girls live for the chance to make a snarky comment. I don't know why, but it appears that it is much more important to you than rubbing people the wrong way, discouraging new board members or anything else. That's sad, but there's nothing that I can do by myself to change it. I don't have the time, energy or resources. So snark on. If it's what you need to do to feel like you fit in. Knock yourselves out.

i've always considered the regular 1st printing a true first....even though there may be another variant that's rarer in terms of numbers.

That's a tough one. I think the key to that is who printed the variant, was it a regional or comic shop exclusive, and when it was printed. With this book I think that the factors support the legitimacy of the comicspro and ICE variants. Obviously the Larry's Chew variant doesn't count as a real #1.

What if the whole storyline of ToT's culminates in Redmond stealing a top secret government virus, and as him, his son and the agent fight over it, it breaks open and starts turning people into Zombie's. It's all a prequel to the Walking Dead.

And the agent is related to Michonne.

And she makes a pre-WD appearance in an issue.

Would that help?

I agree that the pilot plus AMC's legitimacy earned by the Walking Dead is the cause of the big numbers on Thief of Thieves. What I don't understand is why the comicspo numbers (and to a lesser extent the ICE variant numbers) aren't higher proportionally. I know that comic buyers are emotional and not always reasonable and make lots of strange decisions based upon personal preference, etc. but I still think that the raw comicspro books are a steal in comparison to the regular cover because of the print run.

The people who collect variants tend to jump on them fast. After that the demand for them falls pretty quick. In most instances.

Other than that most people just aren't all that interested in them or their print run.

What if the whole storyline of ToT's culminates in Redmond stealing a top secret government virus, and as him, his son and the agent fight over it, it breaks open and starts turning people into Zombie's. It's all a prequel to the Walking Dead.

Would that help?

You've missed your calling. It's time to send you directly to Image to consult on all major plot lines.

Would that help?

You've missed your calling. It's time to send you directly to Image to consult on all major plot lines.

You should see the scripts I write for Cherry Poptart.

Would that help?

:o:signfunny:

Would that help?

:o:signfunny:

lol