Page 1279 of 2695 « First<12771278127912801281>Last »
Topic Options
#5643633 - 05/01/12 02:22 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Logan510 Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago, IL
I never like the excuse that a seller is too busy with their life to complete a timely transaction. If you're too busy to complete transactions, why have a sale in the first place? \(shrug\)

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5643641 - 05/01/12 02:24 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: AndyBoBo]
spiderphill Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: AndyBoBo
 Originally Posted By: ASMguyyy
 Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: Benjamin Grimm
I suppose you're right. I just don't like the idea of being responsible for someone ending up in the Probation list and not being able to buy/sell on the site. I don't want them nominated, I'd just like some resolution. Even if the answer is just "I don't want to sell my comics to you". I'd be disappointed, but that would be enough to end it for me. I don't understand being intentionally avoided.

The seller was "cheetah", and the sales thread was here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5491537&fpart=5

I posted the first "Take It" on 3/4/12, sent the first PM inquiry on 3/31/12, the second on 4/23/12, the third on 4/28/12 and then as suggested earlier here, on 4/29/12 sent an entirely new PM copying the contents of the first PM string in its entirety with a link to the sale and a note saying I was just making sure they hadn't accidentally removed themselves from the previous PM. Only the PM from 3/31/12 was read. Even the new PM from 4/29/12 was not.

For once, I'll keep my mouth shut and let others say their piece and deal with this. I don't want anything I say misconstrued or thought as me taking it personal because of prior dealings.

I'm sure he'll either see this or someone will pm him and he will respond \(thumbs u
Nobody will say anything about any well established members here. The pl is a little funky in that aspect and i feel it only targets a certain group of members but I'm sure cheetah will speak on his behalf and clear it up.

Not questioning the validity of your opinion, nor arguing with you; but it could be, alternatively, that in order to be respected as a "well established member," that individual as gained the reputation of fulfilling his commitments on these boards.

I understand that many first time sellers and/or "noobies" (even though I hate that classification), are nominated or discussed here - that makes sense though. Those individuals have failed to make a reputation on these boards prior to entering into an obligation here and when they mess up or fail to carry through with their obligations, they are brought to the attention of the community (sooner than that of a reputable member). AND, where many members have not dealt with that new individual, they have no basis on saying an opinion other than what is reported. On the other hand, an established member has a wealth of individuals that would come to their defense (not as their friend, but as someone who has previously dealt with them).
In this world even the well established have robbed a bank. \(thumbs u

#5643646 - 05/01/12 02:25 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Logan510]
Bio-Rupp Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: EAAT - TN (DE)
 Originally Posted By: Logan510
I never like the excuse that a seller is too busy with their life to complete a timely transaction. If you're too busy to complete transactions, why have a sale in the first place? \(shrug\)

Not making excuses for anyone, but there has to be some leeway here. Death in the family, loss of job, divorce, car wreck etc.

But barring a life changing event, I'd say 30 days is plenty of time to complete a transaction.

#5643654 - 05/01/12 02:26 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: spiderphill]
Bio-Rupp Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: AndyBoBo
 Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: Benjamin Grimm
I suppose you're right. I just don't like the idea of being responsible for someone ending up in the Probation list and not being able to buy/sell on the site. I don't want them nominated, I'd just like some resolution. Even if the answer is just "I don't want to sell my comics to you". I'd be disappointed, but that would be enough to end it for me. I don't understand being intentionally avoided.

The seller was "cheetah", and the sales thread was here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5491537&fpart=5

I posted the first "Take It" on 3/4/12, sent the first PM inquiry on 3/31/12, the second on 4/23/12, the third on 4/28/12 and then as suggested earlier here, on 4/29/12 sent an entirely new PM copying the contents of the first PM string in its entirety with a link to the sale and a note saying I was just making sure they hadn't accidentally removed themselves from the previous PM. Only the PM from 3/31/12 was read. Even the new PM from 4/29/12 was not.

For once, I'll keep my mouth shut and let others say their piece and deal with this. I don't want anything I say misconstrued or thought as me taking it personal because of prior dealings.

I'm sure he'll either see this or someone will pm him and he will respond \(thumbs u
Nobody will say anything about any well established members here. The pl is a little funky in that aspect and i feel it only targets a certain group of members but I'm sure cheetah will speak on his behalf and clear it up.

Not questioning the validity of your opinion, nor arguing with you; but it could be, alternatively, that in order to be respected as a "well established member," that individual as gained the reputation of fulfilling his commitments on these boards.

I understand that many first time sellers and/or "noobies" (even though I hate that classification), are nominated or discussed here - that makes sense though. Those individuals have failed to make a reputation on these boards prior to entering into an obligation here and when they mess up or fail to carry through with their obligations, they are brought to the attention of the community (sooner than that of a reputable member). AND, where many members have not dealt with that new individual, they have no basis on saying an opinion other than what is reported. On the other hand, an established member has a wealth of individuals that would come to their defense (not as their friend, but as someone who has previously dealt with them).
In this world even the well established have robbed a bank. \(thumbs u

Agreed !

#5643665 - 05/01/12 02:30 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Bio-Rupp]
Darrell F Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Building a snowman
 Originally Posted By: Bio-Rupp

Not making excuses for anyone, but there has to be some leeway here. Death in the family, loss of job, divorce, car wreck etc.

But barring a life changing event, I'd say 30 days is plenty of time to complete a transaction.
You are right that those are valid reasons. I just do not get how he can be too busy if that is what the excuse is and he has continued to post here on the boards (10 times or so today).

#5643708 - 05/01/12 02:43 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Bio-Rupp]
Logan510 Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago, IL

I thought that would be assumed \(shrug\) BUT, to be 100% honest I would still hope at the very least if at all possible to receive a quick note letting me know it will be delayed.

#5643741 - 05/01/12 02:53 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Darrell F]
Lebowski Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Careful, man, there's a bevera...
 Originally Posted By: Darrell F

You are right that those are valid reasons. I just do not get how he can be too busy if that is what the excuse is and he has continued to post here on the boards (10 times or so today).

Very much agreed. The flashing envelope isn't that hard to miss.

Order your copy here!

#5643754 - 05/01/12 02:56 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Logan510]
Bio-Rupp Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I thought that would be assumed \(shrug\) BUT, to be 100% honest I would still hope at the very least if at all possible to receive a quick note letting me know it will be delayed.

I've found that when dealing with anyone over the internet that you can't assume anything

Concerning other post... I agree... that flashing mailbox is very hard to miss \:\)

#5643763 - 05/01/12 02:58 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Lebowski]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida
 Originally Posted By: Lebowski
 Originally Posted By: Darrell F

Very much agreed. The flashing envelope isn't that hard to miss.

Very easy to ignore though \(thumbs u

#5644005 - 05/01/12 04:07 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Logan510]
Walls Offline
Talkative?

Loc: Washington DC
I've got a potentially, problematic purchase as well and I'm curious how the probation list works if it comes to that.

I posted a on a sales thread back on 4/3/2012 for a specific item. In all the transactions that I've completed on the board, granted only about 4 (just under 3k worth of transactions), the seller normally responds with an invoice so I normally just wait and no money has changed hands yet so I'm not really worried about it. About a week later (4/10/2012), I get a message saying the seller didn't see the but that the item was on hold before I posted the anyway (no info posted to the thread). I said OK. The seller comes back one day later (4/11/2012) and states that the item is still available and mine if I want it, I guess the original transaction fell through. I still wanted it and I promptly paypaled money on 4/12/2012 and the seller responds stating that he'll get back to me with tracking/carrier information. I don't hear back from the seller for about a week. I PM the seller on 4/20/2012 asking if he's had a chance to get the item in the mail. He responds on 4/20/2012 saying no but he'll get it in the mail shortly, I don't hear back that he's put it in the mail so I wait another week and PM again 4 days ago on 4/28/2012. I've had no response at this point but I don't see that the message has been read. So maybe the seller has just been really busy. \(shrug\)

So it's now been just under 30 days since I started the transaction and just under 20 days since I've payed. Everything could still be fine and maybe the seller has some personal problems that are causing extremely slow shipping. So, I have a few questions.

1. Let's say that I don't hear from the seller by 5/11/2012, 30 days from when I paid, what process do I need to go through to submit the seller for probation? I'm willing to post a PM transcript and Paypal transcript.

2. Also, let's say that the seller responds but does not deliver the item by 30 days after payment has been received. Should I continue forward with requesting an election to the probation list or trust that the seller will deliver the item?

3. Just under $400 dollars has been sent to the seller ($382 to be exact). I know this is not a huge sum compared to some of the transactions on the list but $400 is a moderate transaction for me. Unfortunately, naively perhaps, I sent the payment as a gift so the seller would not be charged any Paypal fees. The seller did not request this but the seller is a boardie who has been here a long time and was selling the item for under the last GPA sale so I sent it as a personal payment so as not to hit the seller with any additional fees. So I'm not sure that I have any recourse to recover the money in the event that this transaction goes sideways. In that case, if actual money has changed hands and no item is delivered is this sufficient to submit the seller for the HOS list?

Again, everything could turn out OK but I am somewhat concerned about the communication and how long this transaction is taking. I would like to get everything in order to at least inform other board members about the problem if necessary. I will wait until 5/11/2012 which is roughly 30 days after I sent money although 5/3/2012 is when I commenced this transaction.

Beyond that, are there any thoughts on this? Am I being overly paranoid about the transaction? TIA.

Edited by Walls (05/01/12 04:19 PM)

Page 1279 of 2695 « First<12771278127912801281>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FSH - 1843 MS64+ CAC quarter, 1824 AU53 half, doubled profile
by scubafuel
07:17 PM
Auctioning Raw Rainbow toned ASE's on eBay started at .99c
by Doily
03:26 PM
New coins @ kittlecoins.com: MS67+ Buffalo 5c, Toned Bust Halves, Commems & more
by illini420
09/19/14 09:06 PM
1837 Feuchtwanger 3c coin for sale at the Gettysburg Coin Show
by MICHAELDIXON
09/19/14 09:25 AM
Comics Marketplace
Mal signature services - UK based.
by Garf
08:48 AM
Art for Sale 25% off
by Pirate
08:06 AM
Cry for Dawn 1 Counterfeit CGC 9.2
by Ryan.
07:05 AM
Floyd Gottfredson autographed 8x10 photo and RARE 1966 Batman Dairy 24x44 Poster
by comicartcom
04:39 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.264 seconds in which 0.253 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum