Page 1277 of 2813 « First<12751276127712781279>Last »
Topic Options
#5639708 - 04/29/12 11:44 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Darrell F]
Benjamin Grimm Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Ohio
As a buyer, I've always been contacted by the sellers first. As a seller, I have always made sure to contact the buyer first. Perhaps it was my mistake in assuming this was normal etiquette.

I had started with a fresh PM, not the one which had been used to contact the seller during the sale as in inquiry about whether or not they had certain other items to add to the order. I have just now sent another PM, quoting the previous one and explaining that I was doing so to make sure they hadn't accidentally removed themselves from the previous PM. I'm fairly certain this is not the case, however, because it tells you at the bottom of the PM when someone has removed themselves.

Guess if there is no answer to this PM and no one has any other suggestions, I'll just forget about it and move on.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5639794 - 04/30/12 12:28 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Benjamin Grimm]
Green Offline

WHAT is your favorite color?
Blue. No, Green! AAAAHHHHH!!!!

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Begging AND Choosing
 Originally Posted By: Benjamin Grimm
As a buyer, I've always been contacted by the sellers first. As a seller, I have always made sure to contact the buyer first. Perhaps it was my mistake in assuming this was normal etiquette.

I had started with a fresh PM, not the one which had been used to contact the seller during the sale as in inquiry about whether or not they had certain other items to add to the order. I have just now sent another PM, quoting the previous one and explaining that I was doing so to make sure they hadn't accidentally removed themselves from the previous PM. I'm fairly certain this is not the case, however, because it tells you at the bottom of the PM when someone has removed themselves.

Guess if there is no answer to this PM and no one has any other suggestions, I'll just forget about it and move on.
It sucks, but sometimes sellers back out of deals. Its happened to me 3 or 4 times.

Also buying 80s nintendo powers in nm or better!

#5640093 - 04/30/12 08:53 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Benjamin Grimm]
sufunk Offline

It used to at least change but now its just stuck on TOTAL NEWBIE forever.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Davie, Florida

Out him

#5640236 - 04/30/12 10:20 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Benjamin Grimm]
Speedy-D Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.

You're welcome to blow it off, but this is what the PL is for. Put him up for inclusion in the list and see what happens.

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

“There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.”
- Hamlet

"Speedy, you look like a member of Black Sabbath."
- Mark 1

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

#5640292 - 04/30/12 10:52 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Speedy-D]
sufunk Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: Speedy-D

You're welcome to blow it off, but this is what the PL is for. Put him up for inclusion in the list and see what happens.

Even if it doesn't rise to including him on the PL, you at least let the other members here know if they hit the in his sales threads, you might not actually ever get a book \(thumbs u

Thats info i'd like to know when looking thru a sales thread \(shrug\)

#5640561 - 04/30/12 12:39 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
DWL Offline
Bid more or post more... tough one...

Loc: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
 Originally Posted By: sufunk
 Originally Posted By: Speedy-D

Even if it doesn't rise to including him on the PL, you at least let the other members here know if they hit the in his sales threads, you might not actually ever get a book \(thumbs u

Thats info i'd like to know when looking thru a sales thread \(shrug\)

Agreed. Give the seller the appropriate time to respond. If still no response, out the seller. The PL is for both bad buyers and sellers.

#5643104 - 05/01/12 10:48 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: DWL]
sufunk Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Guess we're not getting an outing

#5643145 - 05/01/12 10:57 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
roulette44 Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: Atlanta GA
I think the seller should be outed so others can benefit from your experience. Goal of this thread is more about minimizing issues going forward (atleast that's how i view it!)
2) Marvels (CGC 7.0 only): FF 11, Iron Fist 14, WBN 32, ASM 5,10,13, TOS 43,

#5643159 - 05/01/12 11:00 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: roulette44]
sufunk Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: roulette44
I think the seller should be outed so others can benefit from your experience. Goal of this thread is more about minimizing issues going forward (atleast that's how i view it!)

DEFINITELY!

When i hit the , i expect to receive the book. Thinking you already have it, you can pass on another copy, a different book, whatever only to find out 30 days later that the seller has decided to just blow it off and not sell.

That certainly isnt cool in my book and would be a seller i'd avoid. If i buy something, i expect to receive it \(shrug\)

#5643197 - 05/01/12 11:17 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: sufunk]
Logan510 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chicago, IL
What would be an appropiate time to wait to receive an invoice? How many ( semi nagging ) PM's should be sent without an answer before bringing it up here?

Page 1277 of 2813 « First<12751276127712781279>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
SOLD
by PrezErrors
Yesterday at 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
Yesterday at 09:23 AM
Huge BLACK FRIDAY Sale starting at 12 am November 28th!
by JackieOF
11/24/14 08:28 PM
dave wnuck's mid-november new coin listing and newsletter
by michael
11/24/14 01:36 AM
Comics Marketplace
Marvel Preview #4 CGC 9.8 White Pages - Newly Added!!!
by MichaelB1973
54 minutes 14 seconds ago
10 Mystery Boxes For Sale
by bubbagump
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Batman #47 Classic Cover & Story
by Westy Steve
Yesterday at 11:43 PM
First Issues: X-Men, Silver Surfer & Iron Man In This Sunday’s Auction
by HeritageComics
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.371 seconds in which 0.361 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum