• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I have a member to include for discussion to include on the probation list.

Member name: Xalechim from this link to my selling thread.

Xalechim's purchases in my selling thread

He agreed to pay after being invoiced, later I reminded him to which he responded and wanted to back out of part of the deal. Then he said he'd pay for all... then he quit responding. He has been inactive for some time now.

I PM'd him per the rules letting him know about this, so we'll see if he responds.

OK, over 72 hours later & no response from him.

I have a member to include for discussion to include on the probation list.

Member name: Xalechim from this link to my selling thread.

Xalechim's purchases in my selling thread

He agreed to pay after being invoiced, later I reminded him to which he responded and wanted to back out of part of the deal. Then he said he'd pay for all... then he quit responding. He has been inactive for some time now.

I PM'd him per the rules letting him know about this, so we'll see if he responds.

I believe he's been officially added to the list.

Ummm, i think us relatively new guys could use a link to past fun with this guy! :wishluck:

my favorite meltdown!!!

and his attempted rehabilitation

Holy mess that took a long time to read!!! :o

:sick: Honestly, I tried to get through the first thread and finally gave up after 87 pages... Although, I must say that photo that FleeMarquette posted on page 37 (Frankie with the comic and the 1912 newspaper) made it worth it! I laughed so hard I almost cried. :applause:

Ummm, i think us relatively new guys could use a link to past fun with this guy! :wishluck:

my favorite meltdown!!!

and his attempted rehabilitation

Holy mess that took a long time to read!!! :o

:sick: Honestly, I tried to get through the first thread and finally gave up after 87 pages... Although, I must say that photo that FleeMarquette posted on page 37 (Frankie with the comic and the 1912 newspaper) made it worth it! I laughed so hard I almost cried. :applause:

quitter! :baiting:

That pic was freaking hilarious! lol Made the whole read worth it (thumbs u

I'm not looking to nominate someone, just looking for advice...

There was a sale here about two months ago. I posted the "Take It" on several items. After waiting a month, I PM'd the seller politely asking about the sale. The PM was read but not responded to. I waited another three weeks and PM'd again, expressing my confusion as to the lack of a response and asking if the seller still wanted to make the sale. Despite the board member continuing to be quite a prolific poster here, the PM wasn't even read. As much as I want the items, I'd settle for just a response saying the sale was off, or how to pay, whatever...

Advice?

it sounds like seller's remorse, and probation list worthy, but would be best to have his/her side of the story

Andy 2c

I agree, but without answers to my PMs, I'm not seeing a way to find out their side of the story, which is what I was asking advice for.

it sounds like seller's remorse, and probation list worthy, but would be best to have his/her side of the story

Andy 2c

I agree, but without answers to my PMs, I'm not seeing a way to find out their side of the story, which is what I was asking advice for.

I'm afraid you are going to have to post the person's forum ID, If you have sent PMs and they have not answered, Hopefully, they will respond here once you do.

A month seems like a long time to initiate a discussion after posting the :takeit:

Just sayin' :baiting:

With all quirks surrounding PM's (read/not read), make sure you aren't sending the seller a PM in a thread that he's removed himself from - I'd suggest a fresh PM w/link to your purchase posts and ask for paypal address and if the thread gives clear shipping costs then summarize what books you are getting and what amount you'll be sending along with your mailing address. I've always just assumed buyer initiates post purchase PM to make payment unless the seller says they are going to issue invoices.

Not sure if I'd chalk it up to seller's remorse...yet, it could be a seller who presumed there was some buyer's remorse when he hadn't heard anything for a month. (shrug)

A month seems like a long time to initiate a discussion after posting the :takeit:

With all quirks surrounding PM's (read/not read), make sure you aren't sending the seller a PM in a thread that he's removed himself from - I'd suggest a fresh PM w/link to your purchase posts and ask for paypal address and if the thread gives clear shipping costs then summarize what books you are getting and what amount you'll be sending along with your mailing address. I've always just assumed buyer initiates post purchase PM to make payment unless the seller says they are going to issue invoices.

Not sure if I'd chalk it up to seller's remorse...yet, it could be a seller who presumed there was some buyer's remorse when he hadn't heard anything for a month. (shrug)

Almost every time I've bought comics here, the seller has sent me a follow up PM with a total pretty quickly. I don't think it's the norm for a seller just to wait indefinitely for the buyer to offer up payment. That's a good point about making sure that the seller is still in the PM thread though.

Almost every time I've bought comics here, the seller has sent me a follow up PM with a total pretty quickly. I don't think it's the norm for a seller just to wait indefinitely for the buyer to offer up payment. That's a good point about making sure that the seller is still in the PM thread though.

I'd never expect the buyer to contact me if I have a sales thread, that's the seller's job, giving a total and your Paypal address. Sometimes buyers DO PM me first, but that might be because they are done and I haven't bothered them yet, because I have not closed the thread.

A new PM is a good idea, just in case.

+1

I don't know where the "the buyer should contact the seller" idea came from but I've never once not been invoiced by a seller for a purchase. Ive probably bought 100 times on here and every single time, I've been invoiced by the seller. It's definitely the sellers responsibility to do that IMO.

If its been more than a week, I might send a pm asking for an invoice but even that has happened only once I think. If a seller is waiting for you to pm him, he needs some lessons in how buying/selling works on this planet IMO. You sell something, you send the person a bill. That's the way it works everywhere I've ever been (shrug)

It ain't rocket science (thumbs u

+1

I don't know where the "the buyer should contact the seller" idea came from but I've never once not been invoiced by a seller for a purchase. Ive probably bought 100 times on here and every single time, I've been invoiced by the seller. It's definitely the sellers responsibility to do that IMO.

If its been more than a week, I might send a pm asking for an invoice but even that has happened only once I think. If a seller is waiting for you to pm him, he needs some lessons in how buying/selling works on this planet IMO. You sell something, you send the person a bill. That's the way it works everywhere I've ever been (shrug)

It ain't rocket science (thumbs u

Agreed. Seller has the responsibility of sending the buyer an invoice for his purchases. That is the way it has been on here forever.

As a buyer, I've always been contacted by the sellers first. As a seller, I have always made sure to contact the buyer first. Perhaps it was my mistake in assuming this was normal etiquette.

I had started with a fresh PM, not the one which had been used to contact the seller during the sale as in inquiry about whether or not they had certain other items to add to the order. I have just now sent another PM, quoting the previous one and explaining that I was doing so to make sure they hadn't accidentally removed themselves from the previous PM. I'm fairly certain this is not the case, however, because it tells you at the bottom of the PM when someone has removed themselves.

Guess if there is no answer to this PM and no one has any other suggestions, I'll just forget about it and move on.

As a buyer, I've always been contacted by the sellers first. As a seller, I have always made sure to contact the buyer first. Perhaps it was my mistake in assuming this was normal etiquette.

I had started with a fresh PM, not the one which had been used to contact the seller during the sale as in inquiry about whether or not they had certain other items to add to the order. I have just now sent another PM, quoting the previous one and explaining that I was doing so to make sure they hadn't accidentally removed themselves from the previous PM. I'm fairly certain this is not the case, however, because it tells you at the bottom of the PM when someone has removed themselves.

Guess if there is no answer to this PM and no one has any other suggestions, I'll just forget about it and move on.

It sucks, but sometimes sellers back out of deals. Its happened to me 3 or 4 times.

Out him :gossip:

You're welcome to blow it off, but this is what the PL is for. Put him up for inclusion in the list and see what happens.

You're welcome to blow it off, but this is what the PL is for. Put him up for inclusion in the list and see what happens.

Even if it doesn't rise to including him on the PL, you at least let the other members here know if they hit the :takeit: in his sales threads, you might not actually ever get a book (thumbs u

Thats info i'd like to know when looking thru a sales thread (shrug)