• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clayton Crain commissions
4 4

341 posts in this topic

and - I believe he is only accepting acylic commissions on blanks now. he commented he would like to stop accepting commissions shortly.

Blanks with acrylic is the only option on his site now.

His stuff is badazz, for sure.

How much does he charge? How much would it cost (total) for a sketch of similar quality to what people are posting along with all the CGC Sig Series fees?

$375 just for the sketch + $5 blank + $30-40 CGC'd

he just started this rate recently. His prices in February were $130 for marker and $200 for acrylic, even with 2 characters :)

How much does he charge? How much would it cost (total) for a sketch of similar quality to what people are posting along with all the CGC Sig Series fees?

he just started this rate recently. His prices in February were $130 for marker and $200 for acrylic, even with 2 characters :)

That's crazy prices! I got into the mix in the bracket before the current, but it was nothing like that!

turning the corner we come to the 2nd coming of christ himself Mr Clayton Crain

Its not bad enough to be stuffing your pockets with 100s

img1389oi.jpg

But do you have to be laughing your off as you do it??????

img1390vok.jpg

Of course all the while my sketch just sits in front of him not getting done, so I cracked the whip

img1392m.jpg

Thanks to worldsbestcomics for reassuring me the finished product would be really good.

$$$

I might've considered it at that price point. As they are now, I'll just admire everyone elses books.

I might've considered it at that price point. As they are now, I'll just admire everyone elses books.

I hear you. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the new rates either, so I got in right before the storm :eek:

I hear you. Unfortunately I couldn't afford the new rates either, so I got in right before the storm :eek:

Agreed, I was really happy to get one at those rates at ECCC 2010 (Spidey and MJ based on his Sensational Spider-Man 32 cover which was up as an example on his commissions page for quite a while). Even that was hard to do as I got his first acrylic Wolvie at ECCC 2009 when he was first trying them out as an experiment and then they were just a ridiculously good deal...

Always loved Clayton's art and his commissions are absolutely stunning!!!

turning the corner we come to the 2nd coming of christ himself Mr Clayton Crain

Its not bad enough to be stuffing your pockets with 100s

img1389oi.jpg

But do you have to be laughing your off as you do it??????

img1390vok.jpg

Of course all the while my sketch just sits in front of him not getting done, so I cracked the whip

img1392m.jpg

Thanks to worldsbestcomics for reassuring me the finished product would be really good.

(thumbs u