• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Quick question about the Golden Age TPB.

I have just picked up the McKean cover copy for £6.50 (ten dollars) is this the second print, or UK copy or what?

I thought this was the first printing but I'm not sure now my commic software says its the 2nd print.

Either way its a bargain for me.

They are dated May 1992 and April 1993 respectively but I can't recall what dates they were released. I don't count them as 1st and 2nd printings though or different variants... they're different versions...

Here's my graded copy

0165958_009-1.jpg

So here is a little gem that very few Miracleman collectors even know about. I sure didn't until a few months ago. It took me a few weeks to research it.

Read the back cover and it will give all the information.

Miracleman appears on the cover only and is drawn by Mark Buckingham. Back cover also contains references to Miracleman and Eclipse Comics.

scan0267-6.jpg

scan0266-6.jpg

This is quite an interesting Miracleman item - one I didn't know about either until last year. It's not a fanzine per se, it's comic published by Richard Johnston, the comics journalist. It was published after MM 24 so is the last appearance of MM until 2004's A1 Sketchbook (minus a few mags). Print run was 3,000 and there was an ashcan version.

Wow, that went for a lot of money really. Good sale.

It was a record price and I got overbid - but it was bought by another MM completionist so fair enough. The article is not by Grant Morrison - that was a misunderstanding I perhaps created years back (see early part of this thread) when I was first searching for it. Obviously, the cover is by GM though.

The article is the 2nd part of one begun in Fusion no.4. It's by a chap called James Clements and is a fascinating feature that I understand was a "big influence" on Grant.

Both Fusion no.4 and no.6 had a tiny 300 print run so are amazingly rare.

No.4 also has an Alan Moore letter in it.

Ironically, no.6 has sold two copies recently on ebay - the one for £316 and one about 2 months ago on a £1 BIN ! :takeit:

So here is a little gem that very few Miracleman collectors even know about. I sure didn't until a few months ago. It took me a few weeks to research it.

Miracleman appears on the cover only and is drawn by Mark Buckingham. Back cover also contains references to Miracleman and Eclipse Comics.

scan0267-6.jpg

scan0266-6.jpg

This is quite an interesting Miracleman item - one I didn't know about either until last year. It's not a fanzine per se, it's comic published by Richard Johnston, the comics journalist. It was published after MM 24 so is the last appearance of MM until 2004's A1 Sketchbook (minus a few mags). Print run was 3,000 and there was an ashcan version.

Thanks for the info. I am looking into getting more copies at my LCS. Didn't know there was an ashcan.

Just started my research on #1 & 3. Dirtbag #1-3 is turning out to be a hidden gem.

Thanks for the info. I am looking into getting more copies at my LCS. Didn't know there was an ashcan.

Just started my research on #1 & 3. Dirtbag #1-3 is turning out to be a hidden gem.

If anyone will find it, it will be you. :wishluck:

Woah, didn't know this thread existed. Nice! I had a full run of MM 1-24, Family 1-3 and all 5 TPBs but sold the floppies last year and am in the process of selling my TPBs right now. Financial necessity and all that. It's sad to see them go but I'm actually holding out hope that Marvel will somehow, some way, some day reprint the original run and finish 25 and 26 in a single recolored Omnibus edition. Probably unrealistic because of all the rights stuff but :wishluck:

I reckon Marvel will announce sometime that Gaiman will be finishing the Silver Age and do the Dark Age but I don't know if Moore will allow reprints of his material.

I know he did say something about giving his royalties to Mick An lo but he has died now so i don't know what he would do now.

I reckon Marvel will announce sometime that Gaiman will be finishing the Silver Age and do the Dark Age but I don't know if Moore will allow reprints of his material.

I know he did say something about giving his royalties to Mick An lo but he has died now so i don't know what he would do now.

The hold up isn't with Moore - he has given permission as his "payment" is going to Mick Anglo's estate. The hold up is with Marvel themselves as they will not pay Garrry Leach appropriately for the use of Warpsmiths and Qys.

Both Gaiman and Buckingham are waiting to complete the series but Marvel want to run the first 24 first.

They lost a huge amount on the Marvelman reprints which sold very poorly - it will happen, there's too much money at stake for it not to. :cloud9:

The hold up isn't with Moore - he has given permission as his "payment" is going to Mick Anglo's estate. The hold up is with Marvel themselves as they will not pay Garrry Leach appropriately for the use of Warpsmiths and Qys.

Both Gaiman and Buckingham are waiting to complete the series but Marvel want to run the first 24 first.

They lost a huge amount on the Marvelman reprints which sold very poorly - it will happen, there's too much money at stake for it not to. :cloud9:

They should just pay Leach the money then.

I'm sure Rich would be happy to tell you anything you'd want to know. He might even still have some copies for all I know.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/contact/

scan0267-6.jpg

scan0266-6.jpg

Yup, that's me, though I'm not sure about "journalist". I was at 20 or 21 at University, I was reading Cerebus, I wanted to put out a comic. I noted how publishers used hot artists to do covers, I decided to go round conventions getting "jam" covers from a bunch of cool artists. Bisley, Sim, Gaiman, Talbot, and the ones you see here - Campbell, Smith, Fegredo, Glyn Dillon, Sean Phillips, Paul Grist, Gary Erskine, Woodrow Phoenix and Mark Buckingham - remember this was all twenty years ago as well. Last year Gary Erskine drew my royal wedding comic biography.

Some never even got used, like one with Frank Quitely art... I shoudl find that.

Because here's the thing. I don't have a lot of spare copies, they were pulped along the way. I think 800 copies sold to the direct market, the rest are in landfill mostly.

I do however have the original cover art. Hmmm.

Have you all notice the new Captain Mar-vell (Ms.Marvel) looks similar to MiracleWoman? hm

I am surprised that no one else here mentioned that. I noticed that a few weeks ago an was thinking maybe MM will show up in Avengers vs X-men.

Jamie McKelvie, who is the designer of the new look of the character & costume, said on twitter at the time that it's just a coincidental resemblance.

Have you all notice the new Captain Mar-vell (Ms.Marvel) looks similar to MiracleWoman? hm

I am surprised that no one else here mentioned that. I noticed that a few weeks ago an was thinking maybe MM will show up in Avengers vs X-men.

Jamie McKelvie, who is the designer of the new look of the character & costume, said on twitter at the time that it's just a coincidental resemblance.

I don't think it was just a coincident :shy:

Yup, that's me, though I'm not sure about "journalist". I was at 20 or 21 at University, I was reading Cerebus, I wanted to put out a comic. I noted how publishers used hot artists to do covers, I decided to go round conventions getting "jam" covers from a bunch of cool artists. Bisley, Sim, Gaiman, Talbot, and the ones you see here - Campbell, Smith, Fegredo, Glyn Dillon, Sean Phillips, Paul Grist, Gary Erskine, Woodrow Phoenix and Mark Buckingham - remember this was all twenty years ago as well. Last year Gary Erskine drew my royal wedding comic biography.

Some never even got used, like one with Frank Quitely art... I shoudl find that.

Because here's the thing. I don't have a lot of spare copies, they were pulped along the way. I think 800 copies sold to the direct market, the rest are in landfill mostly.

I do however have the original cover art. Hmmm.

Welcome to the boards Richard

Questions please :gossip:

Were the print runs 3,000?

Was it 800 sold for each issue?

How many do you have left?

Do you want to sell the OA for no.2 to me? :takeit:

p.s. sorry, would you prefer "writer" ? you run that web-site?