Page 27 of 42 « First<2526272829>Last »
Topic Options
#5312223 - 12/18/11 12:32 AM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: jump_ace]
Liaton-9000 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
\(thumbs u

I have a Record Label!: http://www.FourDestinations.com

Check out the Foreign Comic Collector Forum! http://www.ForeignComicDB.com

#5348057 - 01/03/12 03:31 PM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: Liaton-9000]
IamtheNorm Offline
Just got here

A question I think I know the answer too, but I just want to make sure.

If I had a book SS at one convention and want to get it SS again at another one by someone else. What are the steps that I need to take to get this done?

#5348080 - 01/03/12 03:38 PM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: IamtheNorm]
mschmidt Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Vernon Hills, IL
 Originally Posted By: IamtheNorm
A question I think I know the answer too, but I just want to make sure.

If I had a book SS at one convention and want to get it SS again at another one by someone else. What are the steps that I need to take to get this done?

Take the book to CGC's booth and have them crack it for the second signature.
Cerebus #1 in VF/NM or better

#5348085 - 01/03/12 03:39 PM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: IamtheNorm]
GoldenGuardian Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey Norm,

welcome to the boards. Take a peak at the following from the SS director:

Originally Posted By: Piersonite
Signature Series for 2012 will run as it has with the exception of a few changes.

Additional signature hold will no longer be available. A book can be signed at one event and then it must be submitted. The only exception to this is if a facilitator arranges a signing event such as DWC's Legends signings or NYComics Masters signings. The event much be pre-arranged with us and the books must be completed within that arranged window of time and then submitted.

Essentially you will need to submit your book at the first convention and then crack the slab at the second show, with CGC/CAW supervision, and then add your second batch of signatures.

#5348114 - 01/03/12 03:51 PM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: GoldenGuardian]
Liaton-9000 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Keep in mind there will likely be a 2-3 month wait after you submit the books so you may very will miss the second show.

I have a Record Label!: http://www.FourDestinations.com

Check out the Foreign Comic Collector Forum! http://www.ForeignComicDB.com

#5348147 - 01/03/12 04:04 PM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: Liaton-9000]
GoldenGuardian Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Liaton-9000
Keep in mind there will likely be a 2-3 month wait after you submit the books so you may very will miss the second show.

Use Fast Track or On-Site submissions when available \:D

#5348167 - 01/03/12 04:15 PM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: Liaton-9000]
IamtheNorm Offline
Just got here

Thanks for the welcome and response. I have the SS books with me I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing when it came to this.

Thanks again.

#5392390 - 01/22/12 09:12 AM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: IamtheNorm]
Stein Offline
If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

I have a lot of books with unwitnessed signatures that have a green label. Green label to me seems like it should be for a book with pages missing or a book ruined in some way. Would you consider creating a new label for unwitnessed signatures? Maybe an orange label called 'Unwitnessed Signature". CGC would have no responsibility for the authenticity of the signature. The market can determine the worth of these books. The person submiting the book could send in the book with a list of the names on the cover or a certificate of authenticity if there is one. Again, CGC takes no responsibility for the authenticity. CGC puts on an orange label and the name or names claimed to be on the cover. I understand that CGC wants it black and white that they saw the book signed or it wasn't signed, and maybe there would be some dishonest people, but that would be the whole point of a new label. A label with non-witnessed names written on the cover that cannot be authenticated by CGC but do not ruin the comic. I have a bunch of green label books that I would send in for a new label. The green label just doesn't seem right for this to me.

#5392407 - 01/22/12 09:30 AM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: Stein]
PeasOfCrap Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: AKA Yo Mama
OLOD? hm

#5392531 - 01/22/12 10:50 AM Re: CGC Signature Series Jan 2010 - Present Q & A Thread [Re: Stein]
Rich_Henn Online   offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Maryland
 Originally Posted By: Stein
I have a lot of books with unwitnessed signatures that have a green label. Green label to me seems like it should be for a book with pages missing or a book ruined in some way. Would you consider creating a new label for unwitnessed signatures? Maybe an orange label called 'Unwitnessed Signature". CGC would have no responsibility for the authenticity of the signature. The market can determine the worth of these books. The person submiting the book could send in the book with a list of the names on the cover or a certificate of authenticity if there is one. Again, CGC takes no responsibility for the authenticity. CGC puts on an orange label and the name or names claimed to be on the cover. I understand that CGC wants it black and white that they saw the book signed or it wasn't signed, and maybe there would be some dishonest people, but that would be the whole point of a new label. A label with non-witnessed names written on the cover that cannot be authenticated by CGC but do not ruin the comic. I have a bunch of green label books that I would send in for a new label. The green label just doesn't seem right for this to me.

I like this idea lot.
I think it could open up a whole new market, it allows the book to carry the name of the signature on the label, and there were so many books int he 90s that had these COAs.

Green labels suggest manufacture damage, but the books issued with COA's for sigs are not technically damged books. hm

Page 27 of 42 « First<2526272829>Last »

Moderator:  SoylentBlue, Architecht, dena, Gemma, cgcmod2, cgcmod, cgcmod3, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Gold and Silver Certificate for Sale
by Ugakoivet
Today at 08:01 AM
WTB; PCGS/NGC Mercury dimes 1929 PDS through 1945 PDS
by cucamongacoin
Today at 02:17 AM
Silver Eagle, Maple 1oz, Shield Nickel, 3 Cent, Seated Liberty Quarts &
by FlipofaCoin
Yesterday at 10:06 PM
$20 FOLDOVER ERROR. MUST SEE
by BRIAN339
Yesterday at 07:09 PM
Comics Marketplace
Ebay deals
by stormtrigger
2 minutes 6 seconds ago
Spider Woman #1 Manara Variant
by TheDynasty
5 minutes 33 seconds ago
AUCTION ENDS 11/24 Lot of 19 Bronze Age #1's (Looking for "keys", don't click)
by joel scott
42 minutes 58 seconds ago
3 Graded Sketchcovers for 1 Low Price!!!
by Peter Palmer
Today at 04:12 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.023 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles IDW Publishing