• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange Tales Collecting Thread !
12 12

2,876 posts in this topic

Finally got an old thorn out of my paw!

The first time a 9.6 came up (White Mountain copy) my internet jammed just as I placed a bid (would have won too).

When another 9.6 copy came up, it arrived damaged in shipment.

Finally, Doug must have upgraded his copy and I discovered this little gem for sale, and it is safely in my greedy little hands :whee:

Only took about 6 years of searching...

ST-166-96PC.jpg

ST110CGC.jpg

Awesome copy (thumbs u

Very nice.

My grail too.... Not too ambitious in the grail stakes really though.

I understand that you are probably thinking in terms of expense but I would politely disagree on the grounds of comic history.

It would be a very fine addition to any collection that has a focus on early Marvel or Steve Ditko.

ST110CGC.jpg

Awesome copy (thumbs u

Very nice.

My grail too.... Not too ambitious in the grail stakes really though.

I understand that you are probably thinking in terms of expense but I would politely disagree on the grounds of comic history.

It would be a very fine addition to any collection that has a focus on early Marvel or Steve Ditko.

I am referring to expense. Which suits me, as Doc Strange is my favourite Marvel character and the only one where I can realistically expect to put together a full SA run. I'll be lucky to match that 7.0 copy of ST 110 though.

Edited by RickL

As a Fantastic Four guy, Strange Tales is a must-have run. Those early Torch adventures, annuals, The Thing in a Beatle wig, the occasional Kirby story and so many little keys! Just so cool.

Doc is without question the star of the show, but even without him, Strange Tales is a really fun title.

As a Fantastic Four guy, Strange Tales is a must-have run. Those early Torch adventures, annuals, The Thing in a Beatle wig, the occasional Kirby story and so many little keys! Just so cool.

Doc is without question the star of the show, but even without him, Strange Tales is a really fun title.

Glad you said that - I can't recall where I heard this (probably because I wasn't collecting SA at the time), but someone related that the early (pre-Doc) Strange Tales issues weren't very good.

I read some reprints and disagreed, so I've already picked up 102, 104, 105, and 107 all CGC'd. They'll get de-slabbed one day, but right now I have plenty of other ST issues to read and enjoy.

Came across this raw beauty today - don't see these early ST in such nice shaps as compared to other titles, or so it seems.

It's white on the inside, too.

ST106.jpg

Damn Steve...that's a nice copy! Whereya finding all these books??!! :headbang: