• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

If you sell a book raw and it comes back restored no matter when it's submitted. You must refund the full amount. That's the only thing you can do.

How do you know the person you sold it to didn't do the resto?

If you sell a book raw and it comes back restored no matter when it's submitted. You must refund the full amount. That's the only thing you can do.

Or that it is the same book?

Well, you keep your scans in case. I'm no resto expert. If a book I sold raw comes back restored and its the book I sold in my scans. I have no problem refunding. Especially here on the boards. For the most part we have a great community when it comes to the market place. I don't sell many raw books anyhow.

Well, you keep your scans in case. I'm no resto expert. If a book I sold raw comes back restored and its the book I sold in my scans. I have no problem refunding. Especially here on the boards. For the most part we have a great community when it comes to the market place. I don't sell many raw books anyhow.

Yeah, but no matter when it's submitted? You're gonna refund someone 30 years later? Will you adjust for inflation? (sorry, work is boring me to tears)

Yeah, but no matter when it's submitted? You're gonna refund someone 30 years later? Will you adjust for inflation? (sorry, work is boring me to tears)

Well within reasonable time. I suppose.

Well within reasonable time. I suppose.

He's just busting your balls because he's bored. :whistle:

That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% Since the probie list was Divads brain child I nominate him.

lol funny, since Divad sold some comics to someone on the list and couldn't care less.

Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Nice to see you're getting your tongue back. ....that didn't sound quite right.... hm

Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Nice to see you're getting your tongue back. ....that didn't sound quite right.... hm

(tsk)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5009723#Post5009723

Uhm... Nobody's getting any real power other than the recognition that a select few should be able to update the probation list with proper removals or additions. These people will not have the "power" to decide who goes on or off, just merely the ability through a locked thread to update the list so we don't have Rambo (not that I didn't like the movie Rambo) posters doing it themselves and causing mass confusion.

That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% Since the probie list was Divads brain child I nominate him.

lol funny, since Divad sold some comics to someone on the list and couldn't care less.

hm I didn't sell any books to you . . . did I? lol

btw, I decline the nomination as sole mod - I'm not compulsive enough :grin:

Uhm... Nobody's getting any real power other than the recognition that a select few should be able to update the probation list with proper removals or additions. These people will not have the "power" to decide who goes on or off, just merely the ability through a locked thread to update the list so we don't have Rambo (not that I didn't like the movie Rambo) posters doing it themselves and causing mass confusion.

meh

even if it's only procedural power at this point

(thumbs u

Perhaps you should have posted this instead:

:baiting:

Seriously!

Are people really concerned that Divad and oak man are going to go power mad and just start HOS'ing people at their leisure?!? ???

Seriously!

Are people really concerned that Divad and oak man are going to go power mad and just start HOS'ing people at their leisure?!? ???

:roflmao: I thought this was just to keep a list from getting changed by probies on the list? Wow! how much power does anyone truly think that is? lol

Seriously!

:roflmao: I thought this was just to keep a list from getting changed by probies on the list? Wow! how much power does anyone truly think that is? lol

And also to keep the conversations belonging here to be posted there. (a titch of Ed Wood channeling).

Seriously!

:facepalm:for the most part, it appears to be a "person".

:popcorn:

Seriously!

:facepalm:for the most part, it appears to be a "person".

:popcorn:

yep . . .

4589.gif