Page 1270 of 2627 « First<12681269127012711272>Last »
Topic Options
#5605172 - 04/16/12 05:41 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Speedy-D]
spiderphill Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: Speedy-D
 Originally Posted By: ASMguyyy
If you sell a book raw and it comes back restored no matter when it's submitted. You must refund the full amount. That's the only thing you can do.

How do you know the person you sold it to didn't do the resto?
Well, you keep your scans in case. I'm no resto expert. If a book I sold raw comes back restored and its the book I sold in my scans. I have no problem refunding. Especially here on the boards. For the most part we have a great community when it comes to the market place. I don't sell many raw books anyhow.

Yeah, but no matter when it's submitted? You're gonna refund someone 30 years later? Will you adjust for inflation? (sorry, work is boring me to tears)
Well within reasonable time. I suppose.

Forum only selling notice

GENERAL PUBLIC SERVICE NOTICE ON POSTING GUIDELINES

Note that the members of this board are encouraged to POLITELY point out posts that violate the marketplace posting guidelines, and to notify the moderators.

Thread starters: If you disagree that the guidelines have been violated and have reasons, then take it to the discussion thread and hash it out there. But please take the time to read the guidelines.

A probation list for bad transactions is maintained by the community. You are still responsible for your own transactions.

#5605356 - 04/16/12 06:59 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: spiderphill]
Branget Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The placement is PERFECT!
If you sell a book raw and it comes back restored no matter when it's submitted. You must refund the full amount. That's the only thing you can do.

How do you know the person you sold it to didn't do the resto?
Well, you keep your scans in case. I'm no resto expert. If a book I sold raw comes back restored and its the book I sold in my scans. I have no problem refunding. Especially here on the boards. For the most part we have a great community when it comes to the market place. I don't sell many raw books anyhow.

Yeah, but no matter when it's submitted? You're gonna refund someone 30 years later? Will you adjust for inflation? (sorry, work is boring me to tears)
Well within reasonable time. I suppose.

He's just busting your balls because he's bored.
I don't pick fights. I simply toss what I call cuddly, little fun bombs. Often these are mistaken for digs or digs in disguise. Despite not attaching an rsvp nor sase, they always seem to elicit a response nevertheless. I am told this is because I have a pugnacious, jackassery style of posting which requires me to be regularly reminded of how unpleasant I can be. - hockey&comicsguy

#5609060 - 04/18/12 12:03 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: oakman29]
thirdgreenham Offline
Eleventy millionth person to declare their first year on the boards as the golden age, and the current era to be worthless.
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: oakman29
 Originally Posted By: mikenyc
That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% Since the probie list was Divads brain child I nominate him.

lol funny, since Divad sold some comics to someone on the list and couldn't care less.

what goes around comes around...oh yeah, and respect your parents

forestcitycoins is my eBay store, click if you like. \(thumbs u

#5609081 - 04/18/12 12:17 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
thirdgreenham Offline
Eleventy millionth person to declare their first year on the boards as the golden age, and the current era to be worthless.
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: RockMyAmadeus
 Originally Posted By: Bio-Rupp
Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Nice to see you're getting your tongue back. ....that didn't sound quite right.... hm

#5609188 - 04/18/12 02:18 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: thirdgreenham]
RockMyAmadeus Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Sting
 Originally Posted By: thirdgreenham
 Originally Posted By: RockMyAmadeus
 Originally Posted By: Bio-Rupp
Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Nice to see you're getting your tongue back. ....that didn't sound quite right.... hm

\(tsk\)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5009723#Post5009723

"People don't get nostalgic over coins." - delekkerste

"DESSLOK, desslok desslok,...."

#5609218 - 04/18/12 03:35 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
Aces Offline

Seemed lonely sitting around with no custom title.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Phil's Parking Lot
Uhm... Nobody's getting any real power other than the recognition that a select few should be able to update the probation list with proper removals or additions. These people will not have the "power" to decide who goes on or off, just merely the ability through a locked thread to update the list so we don't have Rambo (not that I didn't like the movie Rambo) posters doing it themselves and causing mass confusion.

My Auctions

Board Feedback

#5609522 - 04/18/12 10:18 AM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: thirdgreenham]
divad Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: bolinas lagoon
 Originally Posted By: thirdgreenham
 Originally Posted By: oakman29
 Originally Posted By: mikenyc
That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% Since the probie list was Divads brain child I nominate him.

lol funny, since Divad sold some comics to someone on the list and couldn't care less.

hm I didn't sell any books to you . . . did I? lol

btw, I decline the nomination as sole mod - I'm not compulsive enough

#5609888 - 04/18/12 01:04 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: Aces]
RockMyAmadeus Offline

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Sting
 Originally Posted By: Aces
Uhm... Nobody's getting any real power other than the recognition that a select few should be able to update the probation list with proper removals or additions. These people will not have the "power" to decide who goes on or off, just merely the ability through a locked thread to update the list so we don't have Rambo (not that I didn't like the movie Rambo) posters doing it themselves and causing mass confusion.

meh

Originally Posted By: RMA
even if it's only procedural power at this point

\(thumbs u

"People don't get nostalgic over coins." - delekkerste

"DESSLOK, desslok desslok,...."

#5611149 - 04/18/12 09:11 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: RockMyAmadeus]
mikenyc Offline

Your generous actions only serve to shine the spotlight on everyone else's lack of moral fiber.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Chuckle Patch

#5611520 - 04/18/12 11:01 PM Re: PROBATION THREAD - for forum sales problems [Re: mikenyc]
thirdgreenham Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Perhaps you should have posted this instead:

Page 1270 of 2627 « First<12681269127012711272>Last »

Moderator:  cgcmod6, Architecht, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, plitch, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS: 3 NGC graded Irish Pennies
by agentjim007
Today at 07:12 AM
Today: Coin Auctions by GreatCollections - Superb Half Dimes, Morgans and More
by ianrussell
Yesterday at 02:05 PM
FSH: Nuclear toned 1969-d pcgs ms64 Kennedy Half dollar, Rainbow Washingtons too
by PCcoins
Yesterday at 01:53 PM
1819/8 Capped Bust Half NGC VF30 O-102 on Ebay
by A.Phillips
07/26/14 09:13 PM
Comics Marketplace
SDCC 2014 Toasty Toy Sale
by Designer Toast
Today at 01:17 AM
Sealed DC 3-pack + JIM 109 112 + Superman vs Spidey
by ajaxfarrell
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Action 252, IH 180-2, MP 4, ST 110, AT 25...a few others
by peterpark
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Nintendo 3ds XL and games
by Giroux
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.36 seconds in which 0.348 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Aspen Titles 125 x 125 - Geppi's Entertainment Museum