Page 1 of 21 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5609704 - 04/18/12 11:45 AM Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update 8/20 - Bump PMs!
BeachBum Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Stay 9.8 thirsty my friends.
Hey everybody. This goes out to everyone including present customers.

I need to apologize if I havent gotten back to everyone's PMs. I've been slammed by new subscription info/requests so I wanted to post this info again to make it easily accessible.

As most of you know I have been running a 9.8 subscription service via PM here on the boards for new Moderns.

CGC 9.8 terms are $35 up to $4.99 cover price. Variants are additional based on price paid if higher than cover. CGC 9.9 & 10.0 are offered when available but cost more of course and are offered on a rotating basis within a title pull list. Payment for books is due when books make it to the "Graded" status. Books go in weekly under CGC 9.8 Pre-Screen Service. No charge for failed books. Shipping is extra & I hold books to save on shipping. Books are shipped Priority Mail.

Recently, many people have requested new titles so I need all present customers to send me their pull lists so I'm sure they're current. If you are a confirmed new subscriber please send me the list again as well, plus the date of original request so I have you properly slotted witihn a title pull list.

Also from this day on, if you are a new subscriber you will need to pay for 3 months subscription of the title(s) you are requesting upfront. This is a probation period to make sure you are serious about your purchases. I've been hit with a lot of requests for new "hot" titles and I want to make sure I'm not dealing with a speculator. For example, my Walking Dead subscription list tripled in one week.

All new additions or removal requests need to be in by Sunday evening before release day.

I've been extremely busy with both businesses, con season, and my upcoming wedding (what day is it now? lol ) so hopefully I will get the website up soon so everyone can go directly there.

Most important thing I need right now is everyones complete monthly pull list and dates of requests.

If you are interested in becoming a new subscriber please PM me.

Thanks, hope everyone is well!

Edited by BeachBum (08/21/13 12:19 AM)

#5609739 - 04/18/12 11:59 AM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: BeachBum]
BeachBum Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Quote:
Hi,

I'm sure you are flooded with PM's, but I have a quick question. Do you only offer the service to subscribers of a title or can we request single issues? For example, the Watchmen #1's but not the following issues.

Thanks,

XXXX

As of now no, no single issue requests. If you want #1s you at least need to get the first three issues of a title.

#5609758 - 04/18/12 12:07 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: BeachBum]
BeachBum Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Also, I am no longer taking requests for IDW titles until they change their cover stock. The stuff is a joke lol . Oh how I miss the old IDW cover stock.

I will continue to struggle for present customers until I've had enough. (G.I. Joe, TMNT, Rocketeer Adventures 2)

#5609833 - 04/18/12 12:41 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: BeachBum]
MadGenius Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: Mechanicsville, VA
Dre,

Here's a question for you. Those of us who subscribe generally know our titles better than those who don't collect them. If we know of an additional printings, or random variants for a title we subscribe to, do you want us to give you the head's up on it, or are you on top of these releases?

#5609843 - 04/18/12 12:47 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: MadGenius]
BeachBum Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: MadGenius
Dre,

Here's a question for you. Those of us who subscribe generally know our titles better than those who don't collect them. If we know of an additional printings, or random variants for a title we subscribe to, do you want us to give you the head's up on it, or are you on top of these releases?

It's usually good to give me a heads up just in case. Latley all the reprintings on the major DC titles have been hard to keep up with. (#1 seventh printing, #2 fourth printing, #3 second printing, and son on)

#5609991 - 04/18/12 01:47 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: BeachBum]
Waylander Offline
Pedigreed

Loc: Olde Jersey
Dre,

What about someone who just want variants of certain titles CGC and the regular one raw will you do variants only?

Edit -good luck with the wedding

Edited by Waylander (04/18/12 01:47 PM)
And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend

#5610093 - 04/18/12 02:31 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: Waylander]
jump_ace Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: PDX!
Well I for one can't wait for the website. Good luck with that and your wedding buddy. PM incoming.

Jerome

Batman: Hush

Try my free CGC Submission Calculator for your next shipment of books.

#5610415 - 04/18/12 04:34 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: jump_ace]
the blob Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

jeez louise, tracking down 4th prints must be an absolute brute
#5610479 - 04/18/12 04:57 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: the blob]
nickwire Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: niagara falls
do any canucks on here get the service? just wondering on the shipping costs.
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...rue#Post4685969
always looking for IRON MAIDEN items
always looking for FELIX POTVIN items
always looking for ARCHIE related books and HALLOWEEN and CHRISTMAS covers
always looking for MATTHEW KIRSCHT postcards, art, books etc etc

#5610483 - 04/18/12 05:00 PM Re: Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update [Re: the blob]
gyro-1 Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Alberta
Great service Great prices all a colector could ask for ! Have a fun wedding !
Invaders TV show photo covers 1967 top grades
Doc Savage 1972 2/7/8 and giant sized in 9.8
Rima 4/6/7 in 9.8

Page 1 of 21 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod3, dena, scaffrey, plitch, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, Matt Nelson, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Two Large Size Notes CHEAP
by BRIAN339
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
SOLD
by PrezErrors
11/25/14 03:40 PM
Rainbow Toned Franklin and Nuclear Toned Lincoln for sale
by PCcoins
11/25/14 09:23 AM
Huge BLACK FRIDAY Sale starting at 12 am November 28th!
by JackieOF
11/24/14 08:28 PM
Comics Marketplace
Anyone interested in a Double Cover Dells?
by gdfisher
Today at 02:02 AM
Avengers HUGE Movie Banner
by Secret Son
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
TRADE ONLY- Detective Comics 39, 94, 111; Ned Adventure 18, Am. Spider-Man 14
by timecrisisfan
Yesterday at 10:36 PM
Turkey Day Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC .5 Blue Cr-OW Pages
by jgallo
Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.019 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles