• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

Killer collection of stuff! Nice representation across the main silver-age titles. (thumbs u

But where are the DC war books?????

I just worked my way through A-Z and tried to cover DC, Marvel, Gold Key & Charlton.

Next time I am off work I will do some war books.

:applause:

I love your sig line Oakman and thats some line up.

I'm gonna have to get me one of those.

Killer collection of stuff! Nice representation across the main silver-age titles. (thumbs u

I just worked my way through A-Z and tried to cover DC, Marvel, Gold Key & Charlton.

Very impressive :golfclap:

Moreover you are from UK and for non-US collectors is much more difficult to build this kind of collection.

:applause:

I love your sig line Oakman and thats some line up.

I'm gonna have to get me one of those.

You certainly have an awesome collection.

Very impressive :golfclap:

Moreover you are from UK and for non-US collectors is much more difficult to build this kind of collection.

I am from the UK and it has been and is difficult, much easier since the internet.

Back in the days of catalogs, changing currency & sending cash or American express money orders to some random seller in the US only to find the issue sold or never to hear from him again, used to be worrying.

Luckily 99% of people I dealt with turned out to be honest decent sellers. Thanks guys.

I have a question for you. As a U.K. person, do you prefer Pence or Cents copies. I have a buddy who owns an LCS whose Mom is British and he always gets excited when a pence copy turns up over here. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have a question for you. As a U.K. person, do you prefer Pence or Cents copies. I have a buddy who owns an LCS whose Mom is British and he always gets excited when a pence copy turns up over here. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't discriminate really between Pence or Cents and have lots of each.

I would normally buy whichever the higher grade.

Obviously the Pence copies have a much smaller print run and are desirable to a lot of people, but I think think that the Cents copies are more widely accepted, especially the keys.

If faced with the choice of buying Pence or Cents of equal grade, I would buy the Cents but the completist in me would get them both if I could afford them.

A few examples of both.

PP1.jpg

MSpot.jpg

DD1.jpg

Very nice collection kevin j. Im hopin mine one day will look like that too. And youre the only other person ive seen that bags their trades. I guess were just weird. Thanks for posting all the pics. I really enjoyed looking through them.

I bag everything.

If I buy it, I bag it.

I dont mind being weird. :insane:

AWESOME! :headbang:

Gotta get around to doing this someday...

Looking at your set awards, your collection would make mine look rubbish.

I would love to see a photo of those high grade early Spideys.

Bulldog_begs.gif

Excellent set of group shots. :applause:

I noticed you had Magnus Robot Fighter included among them. Which cover, of the first 10, would you rate as your favorite?

There is a MRF thread here, but it's been a while since it's been updated.

Wow, that's such a hard choice.

I love painted covers, robot covers and Russ manning anyway. Put all 3 together....phew..

If I was forced to make a decision I would chose #3 as I think that it was the first issue that I owned and the cover depicts an impossible task due to the size of the robot, that just makes you want to read it to find out whats going to happen.

I will have to look for the MRF.

What would you rate as your favorite ?

I noticed you had Magnus Robot Fighter included among them. Which cover, of the first 10, would you rate as your favorite?

I love painted covers, robot covers and Russ manning anyway. Put all 3 together....phew..

If I was forced to make a decision I would chose #3 as I think that it was the first issue that I owned and the cover depicts an impossible task due to the size of the robot, that just makes you want to read it to find out whats going to happen.

I have always liked issues 4 & 5 the best. If I have to choose just one it's issue #4.

DSCN1149.jpg

DSCN1147.jpg

I have always liked issues 4 & 5 the best. If I have to choose just one it's issue #4.

DSCN1149.jpg

DSCN1147.jpg

Some lovely books there.

I always liked Steve Rude's art and the cover to Magnus Robot Fighter / Nexus #1.

I think is absolutely fantastic and very retro in style.

I dont have a scan at hand at the moment but I am sure you have seen it.

Some lovely books there.

I always liked Steve Rude's art and the cover to Magnus Robot Fighter / Nexus #1.

I actually had not ever seen the Nexus # 1 version of Magnus. I checked it out on the Grand Comics DB, and found it's a pretty awesome cover. (thumbs u

Some lovely books there.

I actually had not ever seen the Nexus # 1 version of Magnus. I checked it out on the Grand Comics DB, and found it's a pretty awesome cover. (thumbs u

I have just been and scanned issue 1 & 2

I love Steve Rude's work on Nexus and most of his other stuff, but I think he excelled himself here.

I think #1 is one of my all time favorite covers from any era.

MagnusRobotFighterNexus1.jpg

MagnusRobotFighterNexus2.jpg