• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a comic room??? Showcase it here!
48 48

10,296 posts in this topic

KevinJ, that room is something else. I assume it's on the ground floor as the weight must be huge? Great collection though. :applause:

And Waylander, what you actually did was the mathS :baiting:

This room is not on the ground floor, I do worry about the ceiling falling in as my computer room is directly below and I spend a lot of time in there. If it is windy outside it can be quite unnerving as you can hear creaking above you. :tonofbricks:

I have seen some great rooms on here and finally got time to take a few photos of mine.

Years ago it used to be all prettied up, but now it is purely functional due to my collection getting seriously out of hand in size.

I have 21 filing cabinets in all. You can get approx 600 comics per drawer.

I think that they are best as I can get to most of my collection (SA & BA anyway) in minutes.

I still have lots of overspill into other rooms, loft and the garage in long boxes.

I need a bigger house.

I don't want to fill out this thread with photos of comics, but I will pull some out if someone posts a link where to show them....and anyone wants to see.

1ComicroomFLH.jpg

2ComicroomFRH.jpg

3ComicroomLH.jpg

4ComicroomRH.jpg

5ComicroomShelfLH.jpg

6ComicroomShelfMid.jpg

7ComicroomShelfRH.jpg

8ComicroomSlabs.jpg

9ComicroomSlabkeys.jpg

10ComicroomDraws.jpg

Very nice room. Really like the HC display. Awesome AF 15 and Hulk 1.

What's the picture above your slabbed books - the black and white one?

Edit - WOW, just did the math - that nearly 50,000 comics!

+ More than 100 long boxes.

I put from about 1980 onwards and whatever I was complete with into boxes as I didn't need the access.

There nothing worse than filling a gap and having to move 25 boxes to put it in place.

Best thing I ever did was get the cabinets, full access.

The picture is Batman / Vampirella.

The room used to have lots of OA on the walls but its all kept in a case now as not much wall space left.

Batman-Vampirella.jpg

Here are some photos of some of my comics.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5601216#Post5601213

Great space, working on mine now. So far all the wife has thrown my way is part of our bonus room. I have my desk set up and some shelving. Currently working on taking the whole room over at which time I will post pictures.

KevinJ, that room is something else. I assume it's on the ground floor as the weight must be huge? Great collection though. :applause:

This room is not on the ground floor, I do worry about the ceiling falling in as my computer room is directly below and I spend a lot of time in there. If it is windy outside it can be quite unnerving as you can hear creaking above you. :tonofbricks:

Whizzer, What is a 's' amount friends :blush: so impressed with the number of books.

kevinJ, your picture is very cool, and saw the link with some group shots of your books. - WOW.

Whizzer, What is a 's' amount friends :blush: so impressed with the number of books.

kevinJ, your picture is very cool, and saw the link with some group shots of your books. - WOW.

:foryou:

You may want to get that looked at, seriously. That is a big load for standard floor joists to deal with, especially if in an older house. Hate to think of you getting flattened. :sick:

Some updated pics of my comic room. I've finally gotten around to hanging up some original art on the walls ..

DSCF0003-2.jpg

.. and my Omnibus and Marvel Masterworks bookcase is getting filled up nicely ..

DSCF0002-3.jpg

.. an updated pic of my Custom bound hardcovers in our dining room (I have a very understanding wife) ..

DSCF0005-1.jpg

.. and some more Custom Bounders' in the man-cave ..

DSCF0004-2.jpg

Tha .. tha.. that's all folks! :grin:

Nice.

What is in the custom bound hardcovers?

Cheers! Upstairs in the man-cave, I've got 'Tales Of Suspense' starting from the Cap run, going up to his first series at #100 and then on through his entire run up til today, plus the same with 'The Avengers' (first issue bound is #21 though, as issues #1-20 will be CGC'd when I get around to it.

In the dining room, I've got a right old mixture of the complete run of 'What If?'s, 'Guardians Of The Galaxy', a 10 year run (starting with the Straczynski run) of 'ASM' up til the present day, and lots and lots of Modern Age stuff ('New Avengers', 'Mighty Avengers', 'Civil War', Secret Invasion', 'Siege', The Ultimates' etc etc)

Great collection, Ken :applause:

Your room is taking shape - very cool (thumbs u

Thanks, Waylander! I'm focused on getting the rest of those Marvel Masterworks (when spare cash allows) :)