• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I'm just making my opinion known. In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter what I alone think. It matters what the majority thinks.

You just went up a notch in my book. The Avengers salute you!

89-650x487.jpg

Or maybe they were just some fellow comic geeks walking by. (shrug)

Ms Marvel..... :cloud9:

I just did a search to see if they sell Ms Marvel costumes and somehow I could talk the wifey into wearing one! This was the second result

http://www.whatabeautifullife.com/B06-gold-and-black-ms-marvel-shiny-metallic-super-hero-catsuit-p11580.html?source=gps#.T4nyEvF5mSM

Anyone else find it HILARIOUS that they offer custom services from "size requirement to OPEN CROTCH" :roflmao:

Does someone make a Black Cat costume? That was one of my favorites, but it wasn't about the costume.

I'm just making my opinion known. In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter what I alone think. It matters what the majority thinks.

You just went up a notch in my book. The Avengers salute you!

89-650x487.jpg

Or maybe they were just some fellow comic geeks walking by. (shrug)

K now that's a weird picture. It starts off pretty good on the left, gets a little goofy in the center, and then is that somebody's grandma dressed up like Captain America on the right?

???

Your mustache is funny lookin'.

That's my Great Uncle Thaddeus Aces' mustache!

The family would be rich today if his Mom hadn't throw out all his Obadiah Oldbuck comics when he went off to fight the Spanish American War.

:sumo:

Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Do you feel the same way about the unspeakable "power" that a few members have in the Virtual Comic Con hosted here? :facepalm:

Or the awesome power of the Mods themselves?

There is no "power" here. It is a purely administrative job.

:popcorn:

Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

They don't have the power to decide who goes on, just to update the list. Who goes on would still be decided the same way.

Before you were here, Divad pretty much handled the entire shebang himself...and did an outstanding job.

NO one took themselves on and off...

Always the voice of reason (thumbs u

meh

The greatest weakness of the PL...the ability for there to be a "Am not! Are too!" back and forth...is also its greatest strength...it's a completely democratic process.

There is no way that a small group of people....even if it's only procedural power at this point...should have that kind of power.

It doesn't matter who the people are. It wouldn't matter if it was ME, and you gave ME the sole power...I would reject it.

It's a dangerous path to go down.

Do you feel the same way about the unspeakable "power" that a few members have in the Virtual Comic Con hosted here? :facepalm:

Or the awesome power of the Mods themselves?

There is no "power" here. It is a purely administrative job.

:popcorn:

:whee:

What part of "No Discussions" on the Probation List thread does Sagat NOT understand?!

What part of "No Discussions" on the Probation List thread does Sagat NOT understand?!

I dunno, I was thinking he's getting into Hall of Shame territory, but my main reason would be that he's being terminally annoying...and I guess that's not fair.

:idea:

Maybe we need a new list..."terminally annoying"?

He acts like he doesnt understand why or who put him on the list so what makes you think he'd understand where to post discussions??? :screwy:

- Yes I have updated the list and removed myself as I should never have been on this list to begin with.

That's not your call to make. You cannot just remove yourself, acting all on your own, any more than I can add someone, acting all on my own. Things don't happen in a vacuum.

If you feel you should not be included, then perhaps we can discuss the reasons why you feel that way. It is completely inappropriate for any person on the list to take themself off the list.

You're way out of line here and If you truly want to be a positive member of this forum, this is not the way to do it.

Apologies if you feel this is not appropriate but I don't know who added me on to begin with. I don't like to be included in such a the list when I have not done anything wrong. If you have concrete evidence (not an opinion) that I should be on this list then go ahead but until then I am off and never should have been on. Have a nice day.

So, we're supposed to accept your word and nothing else that you do not belong on the list? Again, it doesn't work that way.

If you believe you don't belong on the list, then let's talk about why and maybe come to a resolution.

My high school classmate under twistty bought a avengers 1 raw from me which was never cgc graded. 3years later I saw him in a gym where I play basketball and he started getting violent .He claimed the book was restored so I was threatened -I had no choice but to refund him $400 even though the book was never graded. I did not want to engage in violence-in fact I could have called police. So I thought that was end of it according to him as he thought we reached and agreed on a settlement (I was of the opinion I was threatened and robbed) -that should have been the end of it then there was trash talk about me from him on the boards the very next day etc I believe I was put on probe list for that transaction. I have always paid for everything I bought and always delivered when sold. I never deal in raw books again. Thats the whole story for re-assurance.

So I am not to included in this probie list.

So did he keep the book or was it returned to you when you gave him the $400?

He kept book and sold it.

At a $920 loss of which you only gave him $400 of.

So he sold the book for zero dollars? I was told after the anger subsided that this was a form of settlement so we're square as agreed upon with a firm handshake. But this blew up even after. This is the truth.

This is simply NOT the truth but typical Frank politics.

Did you know the book was restored when you sold Twistty the book? I saw the book scanned here and I could tell from the scan that obviously the book was color touched.

If I knew the book was restored I would never have sold the book to him. We both looked at it at time of sale and he thought it looked good too.

If you say it enough you might actually believe it.

Try to scam and when you're caught you try to intimidate. If that doesn't work then flip to acting the victim. When that doesn't work hide in the corner for awhile and repeat. Sadly with some of the board turnover this may eventually work. Nothing but bad news. Before you PM me....again, no anger here. Thankfully You're painfully obvious with your scamming.

I dunno, I was thinking he's getting into Hall of Shame territory, but my main reason would be that he's being terminally annoying...and I guess that's not fair.

:idea:

Maybe we need a new list..."terminally annoying"?

^^