Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#5601843 - 04/15/12 03:43 AM Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards?
AnthaiHERO Offline
Up 20 words per minute since I signed up

Loc: Roseville, CA
Recently, I've noticed a lot of people starting new accounts and going straight to the marketplace to sell stuff. At times they don't even check the guidelines and post away. Should there be a requirement to sell here? Not to discredit legimate sellers, but just a thought. I've been on boards that require users to have at least 100 post to get familiar with the community in addition to getting admin/mod approval. It could be a way of minimizing banned users from starting back up right away. However, it does limit some comics being available for sale immediately. As i mentioned just a thought.

Feedback

#5601854 - 04/15/12 03:58 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: AnthaiHERO]
Warren Oates Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: United States of Warren Oates
Add to that a 60 day enlightenment period. Some people get 100 posts in a day I think.

My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

#5601856 - 04/15/12 04:17 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: AnthaiHERO]
USArmyParatrooper Offline
FACT if I stop posting, trillions and trillions of transistors would be out of work.

Loc: 17S PV 4768 0327
 Originally Posted By: AnthaiHERO
Recently, I've noticed a lot of people starting new accounts and going straight to the marketplace to sell stuff. At times they don't even check the guidelines and post away. Should there be a requirement to sell here? Not to discredit legimate sellers, but just a thought. I've been on boards that require users to have at least 100 post to get familiar with the community in addition to getting admin/mod approval. It could be a way of minimizing banned users from starting back up right away. However, it does limit some comics being available for sale immediately. As i mentioned just a thought.

Since you obviously have impeccable taste in football teams, I'm with you on this.

#5601873 - 04/15/12 05:10 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: USArmyParatrooper]
Kramerica Offline
Carpal Tunnel
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
 Originally Posted By: USArmyParatrooper
 Originally Posted By: AnthaiHERO

Since you obviously have impeccable taste in football teams, I'm with you on this.

Go Seahawks!

My Kudos Thread Where wonderful people say nice things about me!

#5601881 - 04/15/12 05:45 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: Kramerica]
excelsior1986 Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: CA
The guidelines do state that CGC will not interfere with any sales and that all sales are to be held at your own risk. I can see that being a problem with starting a new rule. Hopefully not though. I agree with the minimum post count before you can sell anything. That one sounds like a good idea.

Contact Comics #12 recreation for sale!
Cover Recreations for sale! I'll take any request of your favorite cover!
Kudos: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5189916#Post5189916

#5601896 - 04/15/12 06:47 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: Warren Oates]
Thomas Nielsen Offline
I was posting here when you were in diapers.

Loc: home
 Originally Posted By: Warren Oates
Add to that a 60 day enlightenment period. Some people get 100 posts in a day I think.

This.

#5601902 - 04/15/12 07:04 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: Thomas Nielsen]
Speedy-D Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.
If you don't want to buy from a noob, then don't. Why do you need the rule? As has been stated every other time this has been brought up, scam artists are not limited to those who have never posted before, and many fine sellers don't participate overly much in the other areas of the forum.

100 posts do not make you trust worthy. Neither does having an account for 60 days.

OA @ CAF || Comic artist contact/commission info

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
- Hamlet

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

#5602063 - 04/15/12 09:47 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: Speedy-D]
bug33fouf Offline
Chatzilla

Loc: Alamo basement
I think most people look to see
How many posts the seller has
Or at least how long they have
Been on the boards. I Always
Ask for positive feedback from
Someone or e-bay account.

Kudos

#5602067 - 04/15/12 09:49 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: bug33fouf]
lizards2 Online   content

I have no registry points, so the only way to exercise my geek superiority is by being a jerk.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Oregon Outback - Duckland!!!
All hail the pending Caltopia \(worship\)

#5602075 - 04/15/12 09:53 AM Re: Should there be a requirement for selling on the boards? [Re: bug33fouf]
Speedy-D Online   content
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Brooklyn, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: bug33fouf
I think most people look to see
How many posts the seller has
Or at least how long they have
Been on the boards. I Always
Ask for positive feedback from
Someone or e-bay account.

And there you go. So who needs a rule?

OA @ CAF || Comic artist contact/commission info

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased."
- Alexander Hamilton

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
- Hamlet

\(worship\) VIVA INFANTINO \(worship\)

Page 1 of 15 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, plitch, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, scaffrey, cgcmod5, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod7, CCGmod0, cgcmod8, Barbara T, cgcmod9, Matt Nelson, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
FS or possible trade. 1909-S VDB NGC MS63RB
by agentjim007
Today at GreatCollections - NGC Franklins, Morgans, Rare Gold and More
by ianrussell
05:03 PM
FS/ maple leaf
by wheat'swheats
02:58 PM
WTB Franklin Proofs
by Dkillett2
08/30/14 09:30 PM
Comics Marketplace
HOLIDAY FUN, COME ON OVER!
by nochips
01:00 PM
Marvel Horror
by grider67
11:25 AM
Avengers CGC 9.8s - Byrne and Perez art
by grider67
10:49 AM
Early Walking Dead Page On Ebayy!
by krazykris7
10:02 AM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

IDW Publishing Aspen Titles