• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

22,992 posts in this topic

it is the best cover of the 10 second generation books.

I couldn't agree more Billy-boy!!! I can't imagine why in the world Everett didn't get the cover assignments for the whole run!!!!! Check out the splash page from Subby 39 I posted in the "You've seen the covers" thread. Everett drew Subby the best!!! Then Schomburg. Just my opinion.

I think Schomburg's Human Torch and Caps are the best but Subby was Everett's creation and no one drew him better.

Subby33_2.jpg

I agree. I love Schomburg's Cap and Torch, as well as his Subby too. Schomburg Cap covers (especially before they get small) are my favorites :cloud9:

Sweet Subby 33 by the way (thumbs u

My reader copy of Cap 34. This is actually in for some work right now. Yes, you read that right ..... I'm having some "work" done to the book. You see, I purchased it missing two centerfolds and I just so happened to have a coverless missing an outerwrap copy. The cover was also loose on this copy. I'm having the centerfolds added and having the cover attached. I'll end up having a very presentable, slightly restored reader copy and I'm thrilled to no end about it!!!! Restored book are great to have as long as the price is right and you know it's restored up front!!!

cap34front.jpg

Here's my All Winners #7. Rare Book? :banana:

Photobucket

GREAT book!!! Hard to obtain a copy of this one (I still need one), unless you want to pay at least double guide regardless of grade (just shootin' from the hip, I've not done actual research on this). This issue is where the covers start getting really good!!! :applause: Well done sir (thumbs u

My Cap 31. A very nice mid grade copy with excellent pq.

cap31front.jpg

Wow! That's a really nice book with fantastic art! That Shomburg was a real genius and your book proves it!

Thanks very much Steven!!! This is one of my favorites!!! The eight larger sized Caps Schomburg did are all classics to me!!!

Photobucket

GREAT book!!! Hard to obtain a copy of this one (I still need one), unless you want to pay at least double guide regardless of grade (just shootin' from the hip, I've not done actual research on this). This issue is where the covers start getting really good!!! :applause: Well done sir (thumbs u

Thanks! I lucked into this one. I saw that it could be undergraded and bid agressively, considering the stated grade. When I got it back from CGC :whee:

Photobucket

Thanks! I lucked into this one. I saw that it could be undergraded and bid agressively, considering the stated grade. When I got it back from CGC :whee:

Your 4 leaf clover paid off :headbang: It's a fantastic Schomburg :cloud9:

Your 4 leaf clover paid off :headbang: It's a fantastic Schomburg :cloud9:

agreed; aw 7 a great book. this 'un is my fave all winners cover.

aw9.jpg

My Cap 31. A very nice mid grade copy with excellent pq.

cap31front.jpg

Wow! That's a really nice book with fantastic art! That Shomburg was a real genius and your book proves it!

Thanks very much Steven!!! This is one of my favorites!!! The eight larger sized Caps Schomburg did are all classics to me!!!

Schomburg and Barks are my favorite GA artists for basically the same reason: attention to detail! IMO, there are very few artists of the period that could stack so much into so little space. Lots of bang for the buck!

My lil' reader copy of Cap 35. Nothin' fancy, just a raw reader :grin:

cap35front.jpg

Great readers Frisco! (thumbs u

Thanks!! If I could afford it, I'd have a reader copy for every nice grade slabbed copy I have!!! I know, some people think that that's :screwy:

If I can just get a copy of each I'll be :cloud9:

It seems like everytime I get a good run going some type of financial reality interferes and I sell on eBay. :cry: