Page 5 of 32 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#5599495 - 04/14/12 12:42 AM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: mrwoogieman]
greggy Offline

I hope when I get older I don't sit around thinkin about it. But I probably will.

TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Vancouver, BC Canada

greggy's feedback thread!!!!!

#5599916 - 04/14/12 10:27 AM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: greggy]
hockey&comicsguy Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: The Nati
I can't recall a time i've been more disappointed and underwhelmed by a Red Wings victory.

Nashville could have and should have put 6, maybe 7 goals on us. Jimmy Howard was excellent. And we did a good job of blocking shots for him. But outside of that we were atrocious in our own end. We weren't hard enough on our sticks and on pucks. Failures to clear, half-hearted attempts to clear, cutesy passes 10 feet from either side of the blue. All in all our defensive zone play was as bad as I can remember.

Thankfully, the Predators are gripping their sticks as hard as I've ever seen a team do. They couldn't settle themselves nor the puck down and basically missed (by my count) 9 golden opportunities for legitimate goals.

We got the bounce last night off of Franzen's leg. And we got the bounces with all the mishandled pucks by Nashville forwards. Them's the breaks.

#5599919 - 04/14/12 10:29 AM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: greggy]
drice6900 Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: Still a Rush-free Utopia
Holy carp! Both the Canucks and the Pens are down 2-0 \:o lol

Wings looked like they were on a mission last night. The Pred's shananagins finally woke them up

"Fine - as soon as I finish this chapter of Tolkien! I always was a sucker for far-out fantasy!" - Captain America (Avengers Vol. 1, #46)

�I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.� - B.B. esq

#5599944 - 04/14/12 10:36 AM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: drice6900]
Ducksoup Offline
Collectosaurus Rex

Loc: Michigan
The third period of the Wings game was nailbiting, I can't believe they didn't put more pressure offensively on Nashville. You can't just sit back and coast on a 3-1 score and hope you win, 2 lucky bounces or miscue's and the biscut is in the basket. I like that Bert came out and fought Weber even though no one really "won" that fight it was nice to see the emotion and Emmerton's goal beating P.R. was good to see as well. Gonna be a good game 3, hopefully Detroit gets a bit more disciplined and weeds out those half-hearted passes, lousy penalties and other *spoon* that I know they are better than.
#5601527 - 04/14/12 10:31 PM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: Ducksoup]
hockey&comicsguy Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

I gotta say that game 2 of the Sharks/Blues series has been my favorite game of the playoffs thus far. Just pure animosity all game long, culminating with a nice line brawl at the end.

I'll definitely be tuning into game 3 now.

PS: Ian Walsh might have made one of the worst refereeing calls I've ever seen after Matt Carkner jumped Brian Boyle.

Not only does Carkner start drilling him in the face and then continues to pound him on the ground while Walsh stands there with his thumb up his arse, he gives Brandon Dubinsky a game misconduct for being the third man into the fight?

Hey Walsh, it's not a fight when only 1 guy is doing the fighting.

I'm ok with Carkner getting the game misconduct but I'd have been happier with a match penalty call as I think that was warranted.

The call on Dubinsky is one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. No joke, one of the worst calls in the history of NHL officiating. So you're going to call Dubinsky for diving onto the pile .002 seconds before 7 other guys jumped onto the pile simultaneously?

No common sense on Walsh's part. There's an unwritten rule that you don't pound a guy who's laying prone on the ice and not fighting back. And if you do, then it's fair game for any and all of his teammates to jump on your back and get you the hell off of their teammate. And you should be able to do that w/o fear of being tossed out of the game.

Walsh deserves a fine for being a big facking dipstick.

#5602793 - 04/15/12 03:51 PM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: hockey&comicsguy]
Mio Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Mnchen
I love these afternoon games - I can finally at least listen to online radio! Just as good as watching, plus I can get some work done on the side.

Kind of happy Philly is taking it to Pits! Not the biggest fan of Sindy Crosby.

#5602811 - 04/15/12 03:56 PM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: Mio]
aszumilo Offline
The Post-man always rings twice. Uhm... ring ring?

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Crosby is seriously being a *spoon* in this game.
#5602929 - 04/15/12 04:57 PM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: aszumilo]
hockey&comicsguy Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Originally Posted By: aszumilo
Crosby is seriously being a *spoon* in this game.

I hate all things Pitt probably as much as any human can. That said I have never had a problem witch Crosby. If they would iso on him all game you'd not believe how much abuse he takes in comparison to any other player in the league. Plus, I don't mind a guy getting involved and doing whatever he can to win. Now I'll happily watch his arse lose but IMO he's not doing anything out of the ordinary for the playoffs. This is how it goes this time of year.

#5603689 - 04/15/12 11:55 PM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: hockey&comicsguy]
Darth Corgi Offline
If you have a dream about out-posting me, you better wake up and apologize.

Loc: Florida
I just discovered this thread! I almost never visit the Watercooler.

Anyway, I'm bummed that my Lightning aren't in the playoffs, but at least Stamkos hit 60 goals for the season.

I picked Pittsburgh for the cup but now who knows? I can't believe the upsets going on here in this first round! Vancouver... What the heck? Greggy, they need you out there! \:\) just kidding dude!

I love the heck outta this game. Playing it and watching it, its the best sport ever!

Check out my wordless all-ages graphic novel series "KORGI" from Top Shelf Productions: http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog.php?type=22&title=546

Feedback Thread: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubb...109#Post4340109

#5603708 - 04/16/12 12:05 AM Re: Official NHL Playoff Thread [Re: Darth Corgi]
mrwoogieman Offline
TOTAL NEWBIE

Loc: THE LOST LAND

Page 5 of 32 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  Gemma, ngcmod, Architecht, cgcmod3, cgcmod, cgcmod2, Harshen, cgcmod4, cgcmod6, cgcmod5, cgcmod7, cgcmod8, CCGmod0, Barbara T, cgcmod9, cgcmod10, cgcmod11, cgcmod12, ccgmod1, PaulS. 
Hop to:
Boards Information
Please read the
TERMS OF USE - BOARD GUIDELINES
for the rules of moderation on the boards.

Search
The Money Marketplace
Error Coins for Sale
by Jon Sullivan
12:14 PM
WTB NGC MS69 Quarters 2009-2014
by Kapimono
11:57 AM
FSH; BU roll 1964 P Kennedy halves, *SOLD*
by cucamongacoin
10/20/14 07:26 PM
FSH; $500 FRN VF with a problem *SOLD*
by cucamongacoin
10/20/14 07:25 PM
Comics Marketplace
Ebay auctions ending Sunday 10/26...Copper/Moder
n Thanos registry set comics

by Skynwalker
***Wonder Woman #1 CGC 4.0 White Pages (1942)***
by jaja-mon12
02:55 PM
The 'Time to sell some books' Sale - featuring Raw, CGC and sets
by artistlost
02:28 PM
Marvel Family Comics #1 and FF 44 9.6
by Justin71287
02:16 PM
Advertisements

Generated in 0.054 seconds in which 0.044 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.