• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

THE WALKING DEAD #100

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art CHARLIE ADLARD & CLIFF RATHBURN

cover a CHARLIE ADLARD

cover b MARC SILVESTRI

cover c FRANK QUITELY

cover d TODD McFARLANE

cover e SEAN PHILLIPS

cover f BRYAN HITCH

cover g RYAN OTTLEY

cover h CHARLIE ADLARD WRAP-AROUND

retail incentive cover: B&W CHARLIE ADLARD WRAP-AROUND 1:200

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/13/image-comics-july-solicitations/

THE WALKING DEAD #100 CHROMIUM EDITION

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

cover CHARLIE ADLARD chromium wraparound

JULY 11

40 PAGES / BW / M

$9.99

THE WALKING DEAD #100 POSTER

The epic cover for THE WALKING DEAD #100 cover is now available as a poster! No fan should be without this undead wall candy.

JULY 11

24×36 $9.99

so, 10 different covers? and the chromium one is $10?

IF my shop gets all 8 of the normal covers, that'd be just under $22 at my LCS+ $10....and they don't carry incentive books...and i'm not interested in spending big money on it anyway.

$32 pre pull discount actually. The book is 3.99.

I'm imagining that there will also be at least one book for SDCC as well so at minimum we're looking at 11 covers.

THE WALKING DEAD #100

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

cover a CHARLIE ADLARD

cover b MARC SILVESTRI

cover c FRANK QUITELY

cover d TODD McFARLANE

cover e SEAN PHILLIPS

cover f BRYAN HITCH

cover g RYAN OTTLEY

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

JULY 11

40 PAGES / BW / M

$9.99

The epic cover for THE WALKING DEAD #100 cover is now available as a poster! No fan should be without this undead wall candy.

JULY 11

24×36 $9.99

IF my shop gets all 8 of the normal covers, that'd be just under $22 at my LCS+ $10....and they don't carry incentive books...and i'm not interested in spending big money on it anyway.

I'm imagining that there will also be at least one book for SDCC as well so at minimum we're looking at 11 covers.

ohhhh

I'll be getting ONE regular version, because I'd just like to read the issue.

In the same way that people knew the walking dead would explode and there was all this money to be made, these variants should be heads up to just the opposite.

I agree. I am gonna have to see exactly how orders for these are going to be processed by Diamond in regards to if all the covers are being equally distributed other than the 1:200.

I really do want one of the 1:200 covers, if the other covers are gonna be equally distributed then I probably will lay down the cash to purchase 200 copies up front and just flip all the copies over on eBay in sets at either just a little above cover + shipping or even take a small loss and consider that what I paid to get the 1:200 issue. Hell who knows with all the eBay insanity I may even get a little above cover selling these in sets of the 8 covers.

As silly as this is going to be to do this I just don't see a lot of the 1:200 issues being distributed overall since most shops will never order enough copies to even get 1.

THE WALKING DEAD #100

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

cover a CHARLIE ADLARD

cover b MARC SILVESTRI

cover c FRANK QUITELY

cover d TODD McFARLANE

cover e SEAN PHILLIPS

cover f BRYAN HITCH

cover g RYAN OTTLEY

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

JULY 11

40 PAGES / BW / M

$9.99

JULY 11

24×36 $9.99

Ouch. That's a lot of OA to pursue.

Off to my local shop to prepay for 200 copies of #100 so I can get that retailer incentive 1:200 copy. Damn thing better be a 10.

:sorry:

Now take orders from the rest of us so we can buy up some of your leftovers at a discount..... :wishluck:

For real

:frustrated:

Taking offers on my #1 registry set ...all this variants make me not too happy

I hope they do a Ape Variant and a Deadpool variant also :sorry:

+1 I don't mind the occassional variant, but this is going to be ridiculous.

Personally, with them going with the numerous artist covers, Rathburn should have been given his own cover. Had things not soured, Tony Moore could have been the retailer incentive cover, instead of the typical black and white cover.

Not criticizing anyone at all, but let me just say that walking dead has never stopped being excellent for me.

Reads way better as a TPB or full arc at a time.

As standalone stories there are the occasional "WOW" individual books, but it hasn't been consistently awesome for a few years. The second 48 aren't on the same level as the first 48.

I keep buying it every month, hoping for something that I don't always get. As a TPB, however, it still pops.

It's the epitome of a "arc at a time" book.

I agree - I'm waiting for that issue 48 moment to happen again - maybe it happens soon and puts every thing else in perspective.

Here is the WD 100 solicitation:

“SOMETHING TO FEAR” CONTINUES! This extra-sized chapter contains one of the darkest moments in Rick Grimes’ life, and one of the most violent and brutal things to happen within the pages of this series. 100 issues later, this series remains just as relentless as the debut issue. Do not miss the monumental 100th issue of THE WALKING DEAD!

And commentary:

Darkest moments? His wife and baby got shot 52 issues ago...this could be wowza.