• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

I've said this before... if you're going to involve Arch or Mods, just ask them to LOCK the words "PROBATION LIST" into the sig line of the offender.

Arch has proven that this lock of a sig line can be done. Then the offending party can't post anywhere without the brand of shame being evident.

Wouldn't be too hard either since there are only 50 or so HOS and Probation list members.

Never gonna happen . . . unless you agree to wear a Scarlet A lol

If you thought about it for more than 10 seconds (which I know is an eternity of consideration for most of you :baiting: ) it would be sponsored "branding" - not necessarily a liability that the host company would like to incur.

Hmmm the only way I would feel comfortable about 1 - 5 people being in charge of the probation list would be if they didn't buy and sell here.

Too much power to give to too few of people.

They don't have the power to decide who goes on, just to update the list. Who goes on would still be decided the same way.

Before you were here, Divad pretty much handled the entire shebang himself...and did an outstanding job.

NO one took themselves on and off...

Always the voice of reason (thumbs u

:gossip: Although when Sha changed colors earlier on, I though she was changing teams . . . :insane:

How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

I've said this before... if you're going to involve Arch or Mods, just ask them to LOCK the words "PROBATION LIST" into the sig line of the offender.

Arch has proven that this lock of a sig line can be done. Then the offending party can't post anywhere without the brand of shame being evident.

Wouldn't be too hard either since there are only 50 or so HOS and Probation list members.

I think that is an excellent idea. :applause:

+1

That would be PERFECT!

That was suggested a long time ago... I thought it would make a nice custom title....it didn't seem to fly with the Mods.

It continues to amaze me that the Mods can consistantly pull a pic of a girl in a bathing suit or a slight political comment, but can't help enforce an issue that would actually protect board members.

Not saying that Mods aren't helpful or needed... just a 2c

This has been discussed before. There is a huge difference between maintaining the contents of the boards (removing photos etc) and branding individual users with negative siglines and/or custom titles. Why should CGC put themselves in such a potentially actionable position?

See Michael, at times we actually do think alike . . . :grin:

I think you've done a great job in these PL threads POV :applause: - I know you worked hard documenting all the rules.

You've resisted taking the easy road on some nominations, when opposing the mob was the right thing to do. You always state your reasoning clearly yet you are very open minded when considering the opinions of others.

(worship)

What a bunch of bababooey! :roflmao:

+1

That would be PERFECT!

That was suggested a long time ago... I thought it would make a nice custom title....it didn't seem to fly with the Mods.

It continues to amaze me that the Mods can consistantly pull a pic of a girl in a bathing suit or a slight political comment, but can't help enforce an issue that would actually protect board members.

Not saying that Mods aren't helpful or needed... just a 2c

This has been discussed before. There is a huge difference between maintaining the contents of the boards (removing photos etc) and branding individual users with negative siglines and/or custom titles. Why should CGC put themselves in such a potentially actionable position?

See Michael, at times we actually do think alike . . . :grin:

Of course we do! Now come here, ya big lug! :cloud9:

I think you've done a great job in these PL threads POV :applause: - I know you worked hard documenting all the rules.

You've resisted taking the easy road on some nominations, when opposing the mob was the right thing to do. You always state your reasoning clearly yet you are very open minded when considering the opinions of others.

(worship)

What a bunch of bababooey! :roflmao:

At times we think nothing alike! :sumo:

And thank you baba for the kind words.

+1

That would be PERFECT!

Everyone realizes that siglines are an option that every member here has the option to turn off right?

Even if the mods would do this, and they won't, it is something that is easily defeated.

I don't really understand the reinvention of the wheel due to one miscreant, Sagat, changing the probation list. I would spend my energy trying to compel the moderators to ban him outright for potentially having a shill account, carebear, that he is trying to pass off as his "roommate ".

Just me though.

I don't really understand the reinvention of the wheel due to one miscreant, Sagat, changing the probation list. I would spend my energy trying to compel the moderators to ban him outright for potentially having a shill account, carebear, that he is trying to pass off as his "roommate ".

Just me though.

Actually Sagat has nothing to do with the reinvention of the wheel.

The thing that made me compile the existing Probation List Rules into a real list was an increase of people just adding people to the Probation List even if they had not fulfilled what was then the standard. While the standard was in place, it was spread out over many instances and never actually compiled. So I figured just spell it out in a Rules list.

Sagat is at best a minor rerun of the phenomena.

CapFreak removed himself from the list a few times during the multi-buyer burn event. Then he asked someone else to do it for him.

So not the first time this has happened, but a rare situation.

Keep the list as is. There are three people on that list that I personally would feel comfortable with and the other two, not so much.

I wouldn't trust myself with the responsibility. I'm too emotional at times.

Let's not make this more complicated than it needs be. The only reason why we are talking about it is because of one dutch puzzle (SAGAT). We don't need to reinvent the wheel because of one malcontent.

I hope you feel comfortable with me? I don't sell,well only one book to you.Thanks for that. :hi:

I'm just making my opinion known. In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter what I alone think. It matters what the majority thinks.

Never gonna happen . . . unless you agree to wear a Scarlet A lol

If you thought about it for more than 10 seconds (which I know is an eternity of consideration for most of you :baiting: ) it would be sponsored "branding" - not necessarily a liability that the host company would like to incur.

I've thought about it for 10 seconds and put about 5 into your comments (as always) :grin:

If this were the case wouldn't they be risking the same "branding" liability and libel issues for putting someone on a "strike list" or allowing members to post a probation list at all? I mean if they let us do anything on "their" site... aren't they ultimately responsible for all the site content?

I've got 17+ pages of positive "branding" on my cgc board feedback page... which can't be correct because I know for a fact that I've got one boardie (or more :devil: ) that wakes up every day dreaming for me to die.

I would compare use of that sig line for this the same as eBay's use of a feedback percentage box. Its in full, public view as well. No eBay member would have a low positive feedback percentage "brand" unless deemed worthy of it by members of that community. And even though that system has its flaws... its still being used after 15+ years.

Using the word "probation list" in a sig line would equate to me the same risk in dealing with someone with a low, postive feedback percentage. Isn't this basically the same?

In either case, if the offender makes right, his standing will improve through either a higher percentage of positive feedback given or removal of a "probation brand". Tomato <> ToeMAAtoWW :boo:

And on a side note... I'm reasonably sure that Arch/Mods can disable your ability to enable/disable anything on this site.

I'm just making my opinion known. In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter what I alone think. It matters what the majority thinks.

You just went up a notch in my book. The Avengers salute you!

89-650x487.jpg

Or maybe they were just some fellow comic geeks walking by. (shrug)

CapFreak removed himself from the list a few times during the multi-buyer burn event. Then he asked someone else to do it for him.

I was also referring to people prematurely adding others to the PL. :hi:

How is Sagat at best a minor rerun of people being added to the PL too soon?

How is Sagat at best a minor rerun of people being added to the PL too soon?

Well, Literal Larry, it is the overall concept of the probation list being manipulated without due process: being added to or subtracted from. I see them in the same light.

This was actually a slightly secondary consideration for me as we have historically rectified such practices. I was always more interested in preventing messages being posted there, which a lockdown would prevent. Someone posts one message and a conversation inevitably follows.

You just went up a notch in my book. The Avengers salute you!

89-650x487.jpg

Or maybe they were just some fellow comic geeks walking by. (shrug)

Ms Marvel..... :cloud9:

I just did a search to see if they sell Ms Marvel costumes and somehow I could talk the wifey into wearing one! This was the second result

http://www.whatabeautifullife.com/B06-gold-and-black-ms-marvel-shiny-metallic-super-hero-catsuit-p11580.html?source=gps#.T4nyEvF5mSM

Anyone else find it HILARIOUS that they offer custom services from "size requirement to OPEN CROTCH" :roflmao: